Protective gear for DH?

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If 'shutting me down' is random abuse and zero ability to address any of my actual questions and comments, your doing a great job, well done!

But, unfortunately, the reality is your doing a hillarious bad job at 'shutting me down'.

If you going to make a bold statement as this;

Then I politely requested some of these studies to read;

The you respond with this;

Well your the one who highlighted there is (in your vaste scientific expertise) that there is many research papers into Leatt braces, yet you response directly above doesn't not even attempt to validate your claim. In fact, you appear to be trying to avoid exposing your lack of knowledge in this area (other than spouting advertising material knowledge) by side stepping your own statement.

But please, but all means, shut me down again?

Unlike you, I don't have a vested emotional bias, I am happy to take what ever evidence there is, which your experience is not, and make a reasonable and unbiased decision on the evidence at hand. In the future, if further evidence is published I will re-evaluate my decision in an unbiased fashion.

It was you who has made the bold claims evidence supporting Leatt braces, yet, you are not able or willing to produce any of this evidence, that you, not me, initially highlighted. And, thus, at this point, I have made a reasonable and unbiased decision that your not very good at shutting me down.

But, please, link some studies, I have access to pretty much any scientific journal, I am happy to read and learn.

A leatt produce youtube video, ah, lol? is that all you could find. I can find youtube clips to show we never landed on the moon.
Wanting to avoid taking sides, but well played sir, well played.

teK--

Eats Squid
My missus' eyes glaze over at the excessive talk about MTB in this house and even she found this thread hilarious. Nice work all!

jarrod839

Banned
My missus' eyes glaze over at the excessive talk about MTB in this house and even she found this thread hilarious. Nice work all!
mate my missus agress.she found and commented on the piss poor attitude towards spinal injurys some individuals have.

bdl

Squid
How's it go? "well, that escalated quickly"... :)

Clearly there are more and less well defined reasons for choosing different protective gear. I tossed up for ages on the brace. I'm an engineer, the idea of spending a lot of money on something that doesn't have hard evidence of efficacy is totally against my vibe; I'm also a Dad, the idea of my young 'un being badly injured because I didn't do "something" is more terrible... and naturally, Leatt and so on know how to successfully market to this, and they and many others do genuinely believe in their product. It's obvious there's no "right" answer, and it seems kinda fruitless to argue about it (though if you're having fun, by all means carry on!).

Top point about finding a bike shop with a good number of piercings/etc to explain the pros (and genuine cons?) of armour. I'll have a ring around...

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
haven't touched hard drugs in 10 years and what makes you think im on meds and serious question to whats your beef with neckbraces.
Your incoherent ranting, your inability to actually read and comprehend what is written, you complete lack of logical thinking and complete inability to 'shut me down'. You are either off you face on meds or close to special ed status in cognition - I'm thinking more than likely special ed?

I am still waiting for you to show me where I said neck braces don't work or I am against them, which I have not said once, but I think the issues outlined in the previous sentence are going to make this not very likely to occur.

jarrod839

Banned
Your incoherent ranting, your inability to actually read and comprehend what is written, you complete lack of logical thinking and complete inability to 'shut me down'. You are either off you face on meds or close to special ed status in cognition - I'm thinking more than likely special ed?

I am still waiting for you to show me where I said neck braces don't work or I am against them, which I have not said once, but I think the issues outlined in the previous sentence are going to make this not very likely to occur.
Think your the one who's a bit special you halfwit and it seems your dad left half of you on the sheets cause you still can't answer 1+1=.
Muppet.

jarrod839

Banned
The evidence if body armor works or not, has left little to discuss, it works as advertised and has standards it must conform to. But interestingly, Leatt braces and other neck braces are completely lacking in evidence other than emotive testimonials.

I am a joint injury researcher, wreaked joints are for life, smash a knee hard enough at 16 (or any age) and it will never be 100% again. Shoulders are even worse for recovery. Body armor can prevent an injury or limit the extent of an injury, catastrophic injuries will still occur regardless.

It's a fashion statement not to wear it, but it works.
so please explain this lack of evidence in leatt braces not doing there intended purpose you halfwit and how come i am still walking with only a fractured T1 and broken collarbone and not in a wheelchair.
Please explain as it seems my leatt neckbrace is a useless piece of safety equipment according to you.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
so please explain this lack of evidence in leatt braces not doing there intended purpose you halfwit and how come i am still walking with only a fractured T1 and broken collarbone and not in a wheelchair.
Please explain as it seems my leatt neckbrace is a useless piece of safety equipment according to you.
He spent quite a bit of time yesterday trying to explain these things. Perhaps if you'd actually paid attention rather than doing the Internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting, "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" you wouldn't have to ask for things you've already been given?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He spent quite a bit of time yesterday trying to explain these things. Perhaps if you'd actually paid attention rather than doing the Internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting, "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" you wouldn't have to ask for things you've already been given?
Easy...he might be right.

Either way one of them is a witch.

jarrod839

Banned
his explained nothing you halfwit and still hasn't answered my basic questions cause he can't cause his missing obviously some sort of basic intelligence.

Answer this question everyone if you rocked upto a new job and your boss asked you to hop into a safety cage attached to a fork lift and be lifted 15ft in the air to reach something and said there's a safety harness overthere its upto you if you want to wear it not as your chance of falling are pretty slim would you put the harness on.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
his explained nothing you halfwit and still hasn't answered my basic questions cause he can't cause his missing obviously some sort of basic intelligence.
What if I told you it's possible to argue with somebody without resorting to personal abuse?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
What if I told you it's possible to argue with somebody without resorting to personal abuse?
His complete lack of ability to coherently argue and actually address a single statement, whilst amusing to read, has left him with nothing else but personal abuse?

jarrod839

Banned
His complete lack of ability to coherently argue and actually address a single statement, whilst amusing to read, has left him with nothing else but personal abuse?
the fact you can't answer basic questions is proof that your mentally challenged and you know im right. Im still shutting you down you halfwit.