Queenstown 2013

konabiker

Likes Bikes
very regular maintenance in the bike park mate, wouldn't compare to much in vic, having not been to whistler can't comment personally but have heard comparisons from those who'd know.. 4-5 days of bikepark action with days elsewhere scattered in between would be the go.
How did you guys get on with water...don't really want to carry camelbak on the gondola runs.

Not staying right in town and don't want to have to go to to the shop after every run??

Cheers
Al

nickz

Likes Dirt
Water fountains at the top, middle and bottom of track. The halfway point has a full array of tools and a floor pump. I didn't ride with a pack all the time.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Yep, the hill has fountains everywhere plus a cafe at the top. Just chuck a $10 note in your pocket for lunch and you'll be set. You can even buy tubes and borrow tools top and bottom.

mjb123

Likes Bikes
lockers?

How did you guys get on with water...don't really want to carry camelbak on the gondola runs.

Not staying right in town and don't want to have to go to to the shop after every run??

Cheers
Al
What about a locker of some sort?

For a similar reason I would rather not have to lug all my stuff around with me if I am out for a days riding.

dunndog

Eats Squid

Cheers
Al
yeah there's water fountains right where you need em, and we just stashed powerade around the bike mech container at the top of the gondy.. No dramas there.

Last edited:

kavika

Squid
Aww true, I was going to be there longer but I'm meeting my old boy to head to Blenheim on the 15 th for an RNZAF reunion, don't want to miss it as the old boy really doesn't talk much of those days and I think it's interesting?
Plus I can find a hill or two to decend along the way...
I live in Blenheim, so if you are keen to hit a couple of local tracks (fairly tame) get in touch.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Had a 3 week holiday on the South Island and spent 5 nights in Queenstown in December. I've got a few more helmet cams I will upload soon but to start with here is a video of Zoot track.
[video=youtube;vv6rCf5dNwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv6rCf5dNwQ[/video]

niz16

Likes Bikes
great vid ,
zoot looks the goods, got our next trip pretty much squared away,

the first rider on the film, on the white status, with the pink grips, a mate of mine from liverpool, small world,
h can ride too mind!!!!

niz16

Likes Bikes
watching that footage again reckon ur doing well keeping pace with him, way faster than im capable of, rory usually disapears into the distance when i try to keep up hahahahahahaha

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
Heading over next Friday for the nationals race at Mt. Hutt then heading down to Queenstown to hit up the bike park and a few other trails. Pretty pumped to say the least!

.dan.

Likes Dirt
More Vids:
Vertigo to Original
[video=youtube;unUq6Y78Epo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unUq6Y78Epo[/video]

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Vertigo to Thingymajig to Single track sandwich
[video=youtube;3i6a0ehQP1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i6a0ehQP1k[/video]

Bluemutt

Likes Bikes
Had 2 trips to NZ south Island last year, one in April in a Motorhome and one in Nov in and out of Queenstown.
Both were A1.
The Motorhome gave us the freedom to ride Christchurch Port Hills, Flying Nun and Vic Park and everywhere we stopped on route to Queenstown where we stayed for a few days. On the return drive we rode Wanaka, Deans Bank and Hamner Springs.
Went back with a few Lads to stay in a house on the lake in Queenstown early Nov and rode the Bike park mostly with a Bike Taxi Arvo on Zoot and Wynyard.
Already have a trip penciled in for this Spring, can't wait.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys, So I'm currently giving my DH sled a major overhaul before taking it over in Feb.

I need help of whether to buy the following things:

Hydration Pack - To store all my shit like passport, phone, and other bits and bobs.

Upper body armour - Have never worn the stuff but think it may come in handy for a week of solid riding.

Anything else that I need to tick off my check list?