Real world Fuel consumption

Flow-Rider

Burner
I opened this thread as a mate with a V6 Amarok is getting 12.5 average for all driving. Yes 12.5 average including plenty of freeway driving. So 2.5-4.5l/100 worse than mine. Only real difference is he's on AT's and carrying 350kg of crap around.

He's getting up to 50% worse fuel economy than me. Sounds weird huh.
It depends on how everyone drives and 350kg is like adding a full car load of people. Things like large tool boxes and bull bars can play with economy also.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
10-12 City, 9-10 on the highway in the old conformadore.
Cheapest to run that I've had was an old BJ Shorty 40 Landcruiser. I took about 8-9 litres of used vege oil per 100 on the highway.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I opened this thread as a mate with a V6 Amarok is getting 12.5 average for all driving. Yes 12.5 average including plenty of freeway driving. So 2.5-4.5l/100 worse than mine. Only real difference is he's on AT's and carrying 350kg of crap around.

He's getting up to 50% worse fuel economy than me. Sounds weird huh.
Isn't yours a 4???

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
200 Landcruiser

Bar, lift, LT Tyres and roof rack, they are the only additions that affect my fuel consumption.

Getting about 13's regular driving and only ever put BP Ultimate, premium diesel in it.

I only fill it around once a month as I ride to work a bit.

danncam

Likes Dirt
308 pug hatch w roof bars and roof bike rack averages 6.1 l/km overall.
The previous diesel pug 307 wagon gave us about 4.6 l/km, and could do Melbourne to Sydney on one tank.
It's a tiny 3 cylinder turbo
Shame the diesel engine completely fucked itself in the end, but my better half wanted another pug anyway. So very nice to drive .

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2007 Ford Territory Turbo
4L 6cyl turbo
Highway, it can get to 12l/100km, but usually ~16-17/100 around town,gentle driving, 24/100km. If you actually give it some, then things go a bit bonkers. Just like my old subaru liberty RS, 20l/100km normal, but up to around 50l/100 when canning the crap out of it, but geez it was fun and fuels was cheap then.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
My old, now-deceased Subaru Outback (2.5l petrol, manual), with roof racks, could get down to about 7.8/100km on highway - best I ever got on one supposedly 60-litre (but the most I ever managed to squeeze in, even from bone dry was 58.5, so call it a real-world 55l) tank was 710km. Around town - not that I did a lot of full urban driving - would average around 9,1. Towing would blow it out to around 13/100.

When it spat its camshaft oil seals it was almost using as much oil as petrol....!

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Stock 2006 AH Astra 1.8l NA. 7.2l/100k on 95. Fills have been in the range of 6.32-7.95. I think the official numbers are 7.8l. I rarely drive bumper to bumper though. 2005 Astra before that averaged 7.09 on 91 but that had more highways.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The wife's Honda Jazz, bought in Jan this year, has averaged 6.9lt per 100km over its life. Short city trips with the odd freeway run here and there.

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
Brick - Defender D110 Td5, MY2000, 220K km, bullbar/winch, flat windscreen, BFG ATs
16 year long term average 10.11L/100km,
Best highway result: Hume on a cool night drafting B-doubles: 8.47L/100km
maybe ~10% better numbers on Caltex vortex diesel.

Just found out my MAF sensor is stuffed, probably OK while the weather in Sydney is the same as Solihull.

-carpetrunner

stirk

Burner
Pajero, 25ish around town, 20ish long haul to the ton. Bloody carbies
Fark dude, get your self an old hilux with a 2.4/2.8 diesel and redirect the petrol money to bike money!!

My old man had the same Gen 1 Paj but the V6 I think, it was thirsty but so smooth.

stirk

Burner
Come to think of it if I used my turbo (neutral gear) while going down hill I'd get 7L/100

I actually have to use throttle to go down hill the engine braking is so strong.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BMW 340i, 3.0 litre turbo straight 6. Around 11l/100km driven in sports mode, city driving with start/stop deactivated.
Can get it as low as 8 flat with all its eco gadgets going in the same traffic but not as fun to drive!
Did around 8.5L/100 Melb > Bright with two bikes on the roof.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
2012 Peugeot 508 GT, tuned by Quantum. 2.2L diesel auto with near on every gadget I can think of.

7L / around town, as low as 4.6L open highway. The thing is silly fast for a 4cyl diesel.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

safreek

Fark dude, get your self an old hilux with a 2.4/2.8 diesel and redirect the petrol money to bike money!!

My old man had the same Gen 1 Paj but the V6 I think, it was thirsty but so smooth.
Another car is probs on the cards soon, thinking of an old Odyssey or similar, guess they might get half the fuel burning, hopefully. 35 to 40 bucks for a hundred is getting pretty tiring

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
D40 Navara twin cab manual 2.5TD does a bit over 10l/100km on average. Gets down to 8ish on the highway. Worst tank is high 11 including some beach work. R51 pathfinder auto 2.5TD gets similar possibly a little more but don’t track that as closely just use the trip computer.

Old forester petrol manual got similar consumption to the Ute. I guess that’s the diesel difference.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Mines a 4,correct. I would not expect a V6 to have such wildly different consumption in the same vehicle.
My old man has had a couple of V6 diesel Navara's. Most awesome fucking engine in the history of the universe by the way.
I think he gets around 11 / 100 km with zero fucks given & often towing a trailer full of shit around Sydney.