RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
I'd be taking a stab at 400-450vm per lap, pretty close to the Scott figure. So 8 laps will be about 3,200vm I guess.

Time cutoff might be interesting - to get lap 8 in, you have to average over 17.5km/h for 140kms of Stromlo.

carbs

Likes Bikes
How much firetrail is in each lap?
Sorry for all the questions, i have only ridden there once so just trying to find out what i'm in for.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Not much. There are probably 4 or 5 short firetrail stretches of 100 - 250 metres per lap, and no real "firetrail slogs". The main climb is all singletrack (albeit with overtaking spots etc).

SSDave

Likes Dirt
I'd be taking a stab at 400-450vm per lap, pretty close to the Scott figure. So 8 laps will be about 3,200vm I guess.

Time cutoff might be interesting - to get lap 8 in, you have to average over 17.5km/h for 140kms of Stromlo.
Just back from a lap of the course as best I can figure it out, average speed of 18.1km/hr using 32:17!!

Off to the garage to change gearing, looks like a deep trip to the hurt locker coming up

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just back from a lap of the course as best I can figure it out, average speed of 18.1km/hr using 32:17!!

Off to the garage to change gearing, looks like a deep trip to the hurt locker coming up
I finally entered, now to do it SS? or geared?

32:18 , 32:17, 32:16, which gear are you going for?

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at 32:16, although the 1x9 is sitting in the garage as well, but somehow using gears just doesn't seem right :rolleyes:
Yeah I have finished my 1x9 setup but sent the forks away for service, hopefully they will turn up by thursday.

If they don't then I will have to set up the SS to 32:17

ebuk

Likes Dirt

Ouch! I am waffling between SS or geared with bounce. I'm considering gears because I don't have a hope in hell of beating the cutoff on the SS, and I'm considering SS because I don't have a hope in hell of beating the cutoff on geared with bounce bike.

Decisions.....Decisions.....

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Go SS Dreggsy, all the cool kids are doing it. This is a cruise, not a race, right....? ;)

SSDave, this actually sounds a little like a Scott SS cat reunion. Anti_Trainer will be there too.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Ouch! I am waffling between SS or geared with bounce. I'm considering gears because I don't have a hope in hell of beating the cutoff on the SS, and I'm considering SS because I don't have a hope in hell of beating the cutoff on geared with bounce bike.

Decisions.....Decisions.....
Well, I've only got gears with bounce but decided the best way to deal with the cut off is to just ride until someone tells me I have to stop, wether I make it or not remains to be seen but it still beats the shit out of going to work for the day.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Hi guys,
We are getting a lot of last minute registrations and usually wait with publishing the list until registrations close. Not sure if we get in up in time as we want to keep rego open as long as possible. Will post it if we publish it prior to the race.

We will extend the 100miler 4pm cut off deadline until 4.30pm and will let you know all the details on the day.

Please note that camping is NOT permitted at Stromlo on Friday night before the race, but there is a campground up the road and I think a YHA close by as well.
See you Saturday,
Martin

Last edited:

griggsy

Squid
We are getting a lot of last minute registrations and usually wait with publishing the list until registrations close. Not sure if we get in up in time as we want to keep rego open as long as possible. Will post it if we publish it prior to the race.
Would be great if the rider list was published, to check that I am entered / details correct etc, even if it may be incomplete due to last minute regos.

My entry was interfered with by internet scammers so not sure if i am on the list.

Cheers
Griggsy

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like I'm riding 26: wheel with the one gear,
I'll be using 32:17 at this stage.....wheeee?