Recommend me an AM bike around $3.5k

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Build one yourself with recycled bits. I'm sure you can get away with $3.5.
Sure, I'll whip up some enves from recycled egg cartons, a drivetrain from aluminium cans and contact points whittled from sticks I find in the garden. Then I'd be close to a build for $3500.

volcanoman

Likes Bikes
Sure, I'll whip up some enves from recycled egg cartons, a drivetrain from aluminium cans and contact points whittled from sticks I find in the garden. Then I'd be close to a build for $3500.
This could get close, but you'd have to find the frame on some sort of hefty discount code to get it around 3.5k

budget_sc.jpg

Cranker

Likes Dirt
I built my Enduro using recycled bits from my previous bike.
New frame, Wheelset and new groupo.

IMG_8638.jpg

Last edited:

haulrs

Likes Bikes
Surely a commencal meta v4.2 falls in this price range...

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ended up ordering a 2018 Trek Remedy 8...using the BUPA discount it got close to $3.5k!

If anyone is interested in my 2014 Trek Remedy 8 I have it up for sale!

notime

Likes Dirt
Ended up ordering a 2018 Trek Remedy 8...using the BUPA discount it got close to $3.5k!

Nice, I have a Remedy 8 on order as well. Hard to beat the spec at that price point.

nickdos

Likes Dirt

The Bupa discount "form" says it's not valid on new models for 60 days from release date of the model. Did they waive that restriction, not notice it or is the delivery date after 60 days from release?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, I have a Remedy 8 on order as well. Hard to beat the spec at that price point.
Agreed! I steered towards the higher spec on the alloy frame as opposed to lower spec on the carbon frame!

The Bupa discount "form" says it's not valid on new models for 60 days from release date of the model. Did they waive that restriction, not notice it or is the delivery date after 60 days from release?
Who knows mate, I got told "all good" for the BUPA discount

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Do you work for the BUPA Enforcement Department ?
You guys are everywhere! :spy: