Red Bull Hardline Maydena

Jpez

Down on the left!
Wonder how many trail builders will die testing the features. Didn’t even occur to me that mere mortals would test this shit. What’s an acceptable level of tester death? I’d say half a dozen. Beyond that it gets a bit silly.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Wonder how many trail builders will die testing the features. Didn’t even occur to me that mere mortals would test this shit. What’s an acceptable level of tester death? I’d say half a dozen. Beyond that it gets a bit silly.
Yeah when they were talking about testing the shark fin I was wondering whether you could wear a wing suit in case you had to bail mid air.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm interested to know what a hardline style event is like for spectators.
Compared to a normal DH track with say 50-80m (if lucky) of sight line, you'd only see one feature whereas you could see multiple things at a regular DH

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
On the Beyond the Tape Podcast, Simon mentioned that they have a couple of guys on the crew that are capable enough and when they do start testing, they will put the air bags out for some added safety.
Compared to a normal DH track with say 50-80m (if lucky) of sight line, you'd only see one feature whereas you could see multiple things at a regular DH
I reckon up the top you'll only be able to see that one feature but down towards the bottom, where it's open, you should be able to see a reasonable section of the course.

Jpez

Down on the left!
On the Beyond the Tape Podcast, Simon mentioned that they have a couple of guys on the crew that are capable enough and when they do start testing, they will put the air bags out for some added safety.

I reckon up the top you'll only be able to see that one feature but down towards the bottom, where it's open, you should be able to see a reasonable section of the course.
Yeah but come on. If the likes of BK can still explode on impact then I expect to see carnage with the testing crew! Ney I demand carnage!

All the lower jumps are out in the open- the sight lines are great. Access to the rest of the course will be generally really easy using existing trails.

A couple of staff involved in the build are actually Hardline invitees, so are far from mere mortals. We’ve got very comprehensive safety systems in place for testing, which is a process of speed testing, tuning, and checking dimensions long before anyone actually hits a feature.

Jpez

Down on the left!
A couple of staff involved in the build are actually Hardline invitees, so are far from mere mortals. We’ve got very comprehensive safety systems in place for testing, which is a process of speed testing, tuning, and checking dimensions long before anyone actually hits a feature.
I was just taking the piss mate. I’m sure your lads are more than capable. Seriously looking forward to this event!