RIP Dude.... Shit way to go!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Violent crime in the US was 386 per 100,000 in 2016, down from 611 per 100,000 in 1997 and has been following a near constant downward trend since the early seventies. As it has it most every first world country...except England and Sweden, which have seen a reversal of that trend in the past several years.

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly how people with an anti-gun sentiment stand on the graves of victims in order to push a political agenda though.
Lucky bastard got to die riding his bike, we should all be so lucky.
I call bull shit @Zaf . Those stat's are pushed by the NRA and have an agenda bias.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What are the odds of some bros on Boltactionburn, arguing about how effed up mountainbiking is... like an inverse parallel forumverse
Maybe not boltactionburn, but greynomadhikers.net deffinately! God damn mtbers ruining nature

mark22

Likes Dirt
Exactly. The fbi is the militia of the NRA and you know it @Zaf!

Shit stirring aside, if it got up in Australia how do you think open or conceal carrying would go down?
We would be well on the crazy US road of the right to bear arms no matter how unhinged you are.
Australia is regularly used as a example of sensible gun laws in the US by the anti gun lobby.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But @mark22 the stat's from @Zaf would seemingly (he has assured me before) show that guns aren't the problem and in theory make things safer.

Is there a need for stricter rules around guns to favitate wider access to guns? Or better law enforcement and punishment for criminals? How. do we fund that police state?

@scblack, or anyone else who doesn't like guns, would more guns or a wider range and better access to them be acceptable if there was a better revenue stream from them? It seems to make alcohol and cigarettes perfectly fine...maybe just a better tax/levy structure to really make guns better for all Australians?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Without cigarettes we wouldn’t get this gem though

For this alone it’s worth clogging the pubic health system

scblack

Leucocholic
I don't know why I'm biting, but I am. I made no such claims.
@scblack made a the statement "Lets ask America that question. They have LOTS of guns. Therefore they have less violent crime right...…..oh,hang on....". The clear sarcastic implication being that America has a lot of violent crime.

Which they don't. Not even in a relative sense. But neither do we, and neither do most any other first world nations; which have all seen gradual, consistent, declines in violent crime rates for the better part of the last half decade. It would be a sign of flawed reasoning to attribute a complex socioeconomic problem to a single factor.
You miss the point.

America has many many more guns than Australia. They should have less violent crime than Australia. IF Poodles rhetorical argument that guns reduce violent crime was correct.

But No.

The argument does not hold true. America has MORE violent crime than Australia, in large part to having more guns.

But you took my retort to Poodles rhetorical statement as an attack on your rights.

Oh well...….I don't care enough about this topic to argue much. But you knock yourself out.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There was a recent article suggesting that something like 45% of the world's guns belong to Americans. Could be bullshit. I didnt count the guns personally.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There was a recent article suggesting that something like 45% of the world's guns belong to Americans. Could be bullshit. I didnt count the guns personally.
That article mustn't have included all those filthy red commie Kalshnikovs.

Maybe a comparison between Australia and New Zealand would be better? What's the go over the ditch?