Roadtrippin

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Mount Stanley looks ace... I'll hit that...
Okay, then lets say i meet you at aulbury, and we spend a day at stanley, a day at beechworth then 2-3 days at buller, and back via canberra to check out stromlo for a day?

Need to check nothing is burnt out though.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Okay, then lets say i meet you at aulbury, and we spend a day at stanley, a day at beechworth then 2-3 days at buller, and back via canberra to check out stromlo for a day?

Need to check nothing is burnt out though.
sounds good but have to check with uDi's mate michael. He might not be able to stay away for that long. If he can't then we'll only have my van which is a 2 seater.

toodles

Wheel size expert
T minus 9 days till departure.....

Okies...

Friday - depart Brisvegas for horrible backwoods inbred capital of NSW
Saturday - ride somewhere in Sydney (CD, Binaural - we need to sort a location and shuttle stuff)
Sunday - head to Thredbo, kidnapping uDi's comrade on the way.

Wednesday - depart Thredders, heading to Buller.

Once we get to Buller, I'm pretty blase about departure dates... Just see what everyone else is doing.

udi

swiss cheese
i'll be there
have to say - poor show going to a tool concert over riding, ya tool...

anyway, what toodles said sounds right to me.
after sydney, we'll be grabbing michael's dualcab in canberra, and from there are going to thredbo > buller > canberra.

there'll be two spare seats for that whole segment, if you or bi-oral are interested, and I think it'd be great to have a few more people.

but the dates/plans are locked in for the most part now I think

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
At least tool is better then the wiggles.......

If it is just you 2 i might be able to organise some shuttles in my mates ute. Holds 4 bikes in the rack and he is recovering from a broken ankle so he can be shuttle bitch for the day.

You guys know the fires are still buring at buller? I have a strong feeling it won't be opening.

toodles

Wheel size expert
save yer money n come to Whistler with me and EMF in late June.....
Unless i buy a house that sounds like a decent idea.

I'll be so bummed if we can't go to Buller. It's pretty much the aim of the whole venture for me.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Fuck Yeah

Mt Buller in good position
10:30am – Fires near the Sewage Treatment Plant that yesterday threatened assets on Chamois and Stirling Roads have now been contained. Fire did not enter the Mt Buller Village overnight and the front is now moving away from the Resort.

Fire crews are making the most of the calm weather that is present today and expected to hold until Monday to conduct back burning operations around the Corn Hill area. Working backwards from Corn Hill Walking Track, this back burning will provide further protection to the eastern side of the Resort and also the Mt Buller Tourist Road in case the front changes direction.

The CFA is confident that if it can achieve all of its back burning objectives today, then Mt Buller has seen the worst of the fires and it will be able to scale down crews by Monday.

The lack of wind means that there is a fair amount of smoke in the Village. Smoke may increase throughout the day as a result of back burning operations.

Fire impact on the Resort remains minimal. No properties, ski-run infrastructure or assets (including the Sewage Treatment Plant) have been touched by flames.

The Mt Buller Tourist Road will remain closed to general traffic over the weekend but is open to residents, emergency vehicles and other essential traffic.

The road block that was situated at the Arlberg Hotel to prevent vehicles from accessing the upper parts of the Resort has been removed.

As Mt Buller’s fire situation has eased, there will be no community briefing tonight. The next community briefing will be held at 9:00am tomorrow morning (Sunday) to update people located on-mountain about the latest movements of the front and the back burning operation.

As fire activity around Mt Buller is currently static, there shall be no further Fire Updates this weekend unless the Resort's fire status dramatically changes.

For more information about Mt Buller and its fire situation, please contact Resort Management on (03) 5777 6077. For further details about the fires, please contact the bushfire hotline on 1800 240 667 or visit the CFA or DSE websites:

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Coolness.

How can we find out when the DH track is to reopen?? I need to organise my train ticket.

We rode old bathurst road yesterday, how do you two (udi & toodles) feel about riding rock infested 3 min DH tracks that leave you with sevre thredbo style arm pump after each run :D I love that track, you need to pin it top to bottom to make it smooth. Good thing about obr is it has 4-5 tracks to choose from, and then there are another 2-3 DH tracks within 5-10mins drive.

I think bi-oral is going to bail on going to buller, said something about having to wash his hair.....

toodles

Wheel size expert
Okies... this shit is getting close.

Udi and myself should be in Sydernee on Friday afternoon, crashing at Johnny's place Friday and Saturday night. Keen for some Sydney DH action on the saturday. You guys recommend OBR? Ourimbah? Awaba?

Sunday we're off to Thredbo via Canberra. Riding thredbo Monday and Tuesday, then aiming for Buller on Wednesday.

CD - your concert is Wednesday night? Are you able to catch a train to somewhere in the vicinity of Buller for Thursday?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
guys guys guys
we should hit up some tracks around sydney. i m keen as hell to ride with you guys.
I heard ourimbah hasn t been maintained in a while due to a lack of rain.
Awaba only track 2 can realisticaly be ridden and it s a fair treck out of sydney.
Matt was suggesting the blue mountains and also there s the one track that s pretty good in sydney that requires shuttles around mona V.

SO yeah if i don t get to see you guys. have fun but i wouldn t mind riding with you guys for a day.

nicho

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Okies... this shit is getting close.

Udi and myself should be in Sydernee on Friday afternoon, crashing at Johnny's place Friday and Saturday night. Keen for some Sydney DH action on the saturday. You guys recommend OBR? Ourimbah? Awaba?

Sunday we're off to Thredbo via Canberra. Riding thredbo Monday and Tuesday, then aiming for Buller on Wednesday.

CD - your concert is Wednesday night? Are you able to catch a train to somewhere in the vicinity of Buller for Thursday?
Yes, wednesday night. I should be able to catch a train, but closest to buller i could get would be BENALLA, which is 80km from buller.

Depart on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:58
Arrive on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:31

So around 4.30 in the afternoon at benalla??

As for sydney.........

Ourimbah = no. Its a good track, but only one run in the area.

Awaba = sick track, but 50min turn arounds, and last time i was there the leaves where 3-4cm thick = major sliding action. If you are only riding one day in sydney then count this out. Maybe we can ride in when you come back through sydney??

Lithgow = no. ok track but wouldn't ride it if you only have one day

Wollongong = possibility. Bulli is an awsome track but not maintained and highly illegal. Drift track as well + others.

Old bathurst road / chicken run / lapstone = possibility. Like i said, around 6-7 runs to choose from all a close drive to one another. Close to sydney. Might be bale to get my mate to drive shuttles for us.

I don't really care where we ride though.

Last edited:

udi

swiss cheese
hey toodle don't forget to ring buller bright and early in the morning...
fark I so hope they'll open, i'm gonna cry otherwise

i've got a question for ya - are we right to drive straight from brisbane to sydney in one gulp? how many hours is it?

nicho - would be great to meet you again.. hopefully see you saturday.
cave dweller - i'm not fussed where we ride either, anything'll do... show us what you got. fingers crossed for buller hey, you'll love it.

Last edited:

toodles

Wheel size expert
i've got a question for ya - are we right to drive straight from brisbane to sydney in one gulp? how many hours is it?
It's about 10 hours drive. If you prefer, we can leave thursday arvo and spend the night at coffs, then leave for sydney from coffs on Friday. Only cost us $25 each for Formula scum + dinner/brekky.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's about 10 hours drive. If you prefer, we can leave thursday arvo and spend the night at coffs, then leave for sydney from coffs on Friday. Only cost us $25 each for Formula scum + dinner/brekky.

..........and add $10 to buy Dozer two schooners of rum in Coffs when we have a pub feed.........:p .