Rock is Dead? Paper and scisssor live on!

Bakes

Squid
i cant believe some of the stuff i am reading!!

people saying rock isnt dead because of bands such as jet, wolfmother, arctic monkeys ect ect??????

Jesus people these bands are mearly karaoke immitations of the greats!

i had the shithouse task of sitting through one of jets sets while waiting for tool at the Big Day Out last year and couldnt believe how bad they sounded.
Every song sounded the same, an AC DC riff followed by a OHH YEAAH from there incompetant front man!!! it was a disgrace to Australian rock and roll!!!

need i go on about the wanna be beatles and Led Zeps???

just 3 examples of the many 'Rock" bands being sold to our generation...pfft

there are still massive bands out there like NIN, Tool, The Mars Volta, Disterbed, ect. but they are not well known to the general public and the younger generation are oblivious to the real masters of rock!

Scratch the surface, find something that makes you rock out, embrace it!

Simple. Rock isn't dead, there are always plenty of bands taking music to unknown grounds or simply relying on used formulas with a new twist to make great albums.

Bands that I believe are keeping rock (and more so just alternative music) alive include: Between The Buried and Me, Mastodon, Dinosaur Jr.(latest album), Arcade Fire, Battle etc.

Plenty of great aussie rock bands kicking around too such as Children Collide, Witch Hats, The Panics and Wolf and Cub etc

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bakes, you are falling for the hype if the rock bands of today you are jocking are TOOL, TMV etc. Well known, well publicised bands, and you lament throwback bands as being the scourge of rock?

As for the younger generations not knowing about 'classic' rock bands, if you are over thirteen you have generally heard of Led Zep etc. These bands cop ridiculous amounts of press given most of them broke up more than twenty years ago, or have put out a bunch of shit records since. Just because some people don't listen to rock does NOT mean they are oblivious to it's existence.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Bakes, you are falling for the hype if the rock bands of today you are jocking are TOOL, TMV etc. Well known, well publicised bands, and you lament throwback bands as being the scourge of rock?

As for the younger generations not knowing about 'classic' rock bands, if you are over thirteen you have generally heard of Led Zep etc. These bands cop ridiculous amounts of press given most of them broke up more than twenty years ago, or have put out a bunch of shit records since. Just because some people don't listen to rock does NOT mean they are oblivious to it's existence.
S'all right mate, we''ll learn him. He likes Kyuss, which is a good start!

RCOH

Eats Squid
The ohter day I listened to the entire catalogue of Fugazi in a row from 1st release to last, in order. Fugazi rule.

I also listened to The Mars Volta, the whole album of 'Francis the Mule' the whole way through for the 1st time & was decidedly less than impressed. Then I listened to 'This station is non operational' by ATDI & was very impressed.

'Battles' kicks ass though, for some reason I think it is great dinner party music?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also listened to The Mars Volta, the whole album of 'Francis the Mule' the whole way through for the 1st time & was decidedly less than impressed. Then I listened to 'This station is non operational' by ATDI & was very impressed.
Out of At the Drive-In, The Mars Volta, De Facto and other associated acts I believe ATDI is by far the best out of them. I need to be in the right mood to listen to The Mars Volta otherwise it pisses me off, just because of it's intensity.

As for that dude from wolf mother sporting an afro, he can get fucked. Cedric Bixler-Zavala and Rodriguez-Lopez were before him kids.

The ohter day I listened to the entire catalogue of Fugazi in a row from 1st release to last, in order. Fugazi rule.

'Battles' kicks ass though, for some reason I think it is great dinner party music?
Fuzgazi do indeed rule. Ive only got Steady Diet, Repeater and the Instrument Soundtrack. Was also listening to them the other day and think it's time to get the rest of thier albums.

Deloused in the Comatorium is my favourite Cedric-Omar release, the following TMV albums are all great but they have never managed hit that peak again.

Battles were awesome live, so many loops and such good drumming :)

Bakes

Squid
Deloused in the Comatorium is my favourite Cedric-Omar release, the following TMV albums are all great but they have never managed hit that peak again.
TMV are great and it is a huge ask for them to top Deloused in the comatorium!!

just like tool will never create anything as good as lateratus

or coheed and cambria writing anthing as good as Good Apollo Im Burning Star IV

wish they could tho! would be "TITS" as some drift pig would say!

Bakes

Squid
S'all right mate, we''ll learn him. He likes Kyuss, which is a good start!
HAHA i do indeed like kyuss and a very long list of rock, metal, hardcore, whatever you wanna label it.

i do realise there are huge amounts of good bands out there, especialy underground.

i think im just frustrated because the commercial world is clogging up the music industry with cheaply produced, unoriginal trash and its failing to give the underground talent a go. in this example i believe talented rock is DYING because the large bands wont be around for ever.