Rocky Trail's Rollercoaster - All Mountain Racing Series

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Can someone please get something like this happening in south east queensland! You punch a small child in the throat to have access to this kind of competition.
Look we dont want any violence, or even the suggestion of, so make some official contact with Rocky Trail and your get in the ear of you local MTB Club or try one of the event organisers in the Northern NSW / SE QLD area. Refusenix is a name that springs to mind for the Northern NSW region, but I know RT travel the world organising events... SE QLD is a pretty nice place to ride.

I found this with a quick search, Super D this weekend at http://www.mtbdrcc.com/.

rocketrb

Likes Bikes
Bumping this thread up again as Round 2 is approaching fast!

Check out the trackmap and profile:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/Rollercoaster-location.html

We are still in Europe, flying back tomorrow and then head straight down to Canberra. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon! Weather forecast is looking good - tracks should be in mint condition.
When does rego close? Are you looking at another track video like del rio? Still debating the long travel down to Canberra for this event.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
We arrived last night and won't get a track video up for this one unfortunately. I heard that Stromlo is in mint condition and the track will be a lot of fun. A bit smoother than Del Rio but also longer.
If you want to ride your bike this weekend - Canberra seems to be the place to be. Not much rain lately and forecast is looking good too.

Rego will remain open until Friday night 8pm.

trailburner

Please note there is no camping this weekend at Stromlo. Too cold - so we won't stay there overnight either.

trailbunny

Is the Rollercoaster for me?

...Well... do you like racing your bike...on flowy trails, berms, wicked corners, gentle rolldowns and feisty little pinches??

HELL to the YEAH, then!!!

Loaded the yellow flitzer today for the Rollercoaster All-Mountain race - people keep checking with us...Yes it's true!!!

There WILL be shuttled runs to the top of Mt Stromlo this Sunday and you get to race a fast combination of Stromlo-XC-treats including Western Wedgetail, Skyline, Luge and we'll even throw in a bit of the new Playground track! Who's in for fast XC endurance racing with flowy (well mostly) downhill ;-) sections (check out the elevation profile as proof)?

Profile-RollercoasterRd2.jpg

Whether you're an XC whippet, a gravity gun or just love to ride you bike on awesome trails (less the windy climbing)... well, shuttled runs start at 9am on Sunday!!

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Loved the race today - first time using shuttles and had a ball. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Bus heating is awesome!

txp

Squid
Its good to see the numbers back up. I was beginning to think that the all mountain fad was already over, and it didnt even last as long as the 29er fad :O

Next year can we have a night race :)

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know who the photographer was that sitting at the end of the big Timber wall ride all day?

Felt like I was in the movie BMX bandits coming around there LOL :) would love a pic

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Rollercoaster Video

The Rocky Trail Rollercoaster Video is almost done.

For those who can't wait, the teaser is here
Get it while it is hot, the trails of Stromlo were on fire for Round 2 of the Rollercoaster Series.

[video=youtube_share;K7BQJXOZAdQ]http://youtu.be/K7BQJXOZAdQ[/video]

JBR

Likes Dirt
With the popularity of this race series I think it would be great to see a one-off Enduro-style stage race held, with stromlo the venue. Well, its really the only venue that could go close to having even remotely enough descending trails.

Format would be that rather than the 1 stage as per this race series, you would have several stages on different trails. Riding to/transport time between start gates untimed, you just have to be in location by a certain time.

Winner is the fastest person across all stages.

Practice and seeding could be difficult. Maybe practice on the saturday? Early practice race day?

For stromlo you could have

-race track from last round
-Same start point into western wedgetail into porkbarrel into double dissolution (sweet!)
-ringtail, muckracker, old duffy descent (maybe missed a few tracks?) Maybe a bit pedally but still mostly down.
-downhill track, or sections of it?

You could even run the climbing route that starts at cockatoo switch-backs and ends at the observatory in reverse as a descent if you could get permission. That would be cool.

Im sure you could put a couple more together if you tried.

I reckon that it would be awesome!

Stinky

Likes Dirt
With the popularity of this race series I think it would be great to see a one-off Enduro-style stage race held, with stromlo the venue. Well, its really the only venue that could go close to having even remotely enough descending trails.

Format would be that rather than the 1 stage as per this race series, you would have several stages on different trails. Riding to/transport time between start gates untimed, you just have to be in location by a certain time.

Winner is the fastest person across all stages.

Practice and seeding could be difficult. Maybe practice on the saturday? Early practice race day?

For stromlo you could have

-race track from last round
-Same start point into western wedgetail into porkbarrel into double dissolution (sweet!)
-ringtail, muckracker, old duffy descent (maybe missed a few tracks?) Maybe a bit pedally but still mostly down.
-downhill track, or sections of it?

You could even run the climbing route that starts at cockatoo switch-backs and ends at the observatory in reverse as a descent if you could get permission. That would be cool.

Im sure you could put a couple more together if you tried.

I reckon that it would be awesome!
Or you could just come up to Qld where we have that format kicking off in August. :) http://www.facebook.com/#!/SEQGravityEnduro

Although having said that I would travel down to Stromlo race the enduro format there.

trailburner

Thanks for the ideas - we are currently working on a rider survey to find out what you guys want and to make the coming Rollercoaster series massive!