Rocky Trail's Rollercoaster - All Mountain Racing Series

turkey

Likes Bikes
With the popularity of this race series I think it would be great to see a one-off Enduro-style stage race held, with stromlo the venue. Well, its really the only venue that could go close to having even remotely enough descending trails.

Format would be that rather than the 1 stage as per this race series, you would have several stages on different trails. Riding to/transport time between start gates untimed, you just have to be in location by a certain time.

Winner is the fastest person across all stages.

Practice and seeding could be difficult. Maybe practice on the saturday? Early practice race day?

For stromlo you could have

-race track from last round
-Same start point into western wedgetail into porkbarrel into double dissolution (sweet!)
-ringtail, muckracker, old duffy descent (maybe missed a few tracks?) Maybe a bit pedally but still mostly down.
-downhill track, or sections of it?

You could even run the climbing route that starts at cockatoo switch-backs and ends at the observatory in reverse as a descent if you could get permission. That would be cool.

Im sure you could put a couple more together if you tried.

I reckon that it would be awesome!

yep,

i think that would really work...

spred everyone out over the mtn, less q's etc

once again, just like a car rally, or motorbike enduro.

Dont need practice, more like a ride with timed sections.

muvro

Likes Dirt
I agree with that also. Shuttles are awesome fun, but not really 'all mountain' riding. After all, the whole genre is about being able to ride up, then smash it down. Otherwise it's just freeride. A format, that say makes you ride to the top (untimed), then a pre determined timed course that goes up, as well as down would be great.

Shaman

Likes Dirt
Certainly not trashing the concept but the logistics involved would be crazy. With 4-5 different timed sections each with its own start and finish locations, the amount of people required just to run timing and such would be...extensive. At the very least it would most likely drive up the cost of the event so I suppose that would have to be weighed up against the benefit.

Regardless, am chomping at the bit for tomorrows racing. Did the last round at Stromlo and have not had that much fun on two wheels in a long time.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
We will rock Stromlo tomorrow - track will be in the best shape it's EVER been it. Very tacky today and it got another 3mm of rain this afternoon. Dry tomorrow but as always it's cold in Canberra. Bring warm clothes.