Rollercoaster powered by Flow - 2014 NSW State Series and Championships

loc81

Likes Dirt
Finally put my money where my hard tail promoting mouth is and signed up.
I did a bit of a crawl down the DH track the other day and realized I need to get a full face and a larger set of nuts for some sections!! I have a month to acquire both..

So a question of curiosity, was there going to be a price diff. for the first round if we decided to not shuttle up?
I am more then happy to ride up five ways if there is a price drop for not shuttling.

S.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Kempsey trails

Here's some more to wet your appetite from the Kempsey crew. This trail is Blue Bridges and will part of the race trail network. Thanks to Joel

[video=vimeo;82745908]https://vimeo.com/82745908[/video]

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Here's some more to wet your appetite from the Kempsey crew. This trail is Blue Bridges and will part of the race trail network. Thanks to Joel

[video=vimeo;82745908]https://vimeo.com/82745908[/video]
Will that last drop off or the raised timber going to be part of the race trail? Looking good. Is that section on that previous terrain upload you did?

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
No the timber ramp section will not be part of the race trail. The start of this trail will be part of the race trail & Blue Bridges wasn't in the previous video.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

triceritops

Cannon Fodder
I can't wait to start racing the GE this year for the first time. I have to admit though the attraction of it for me is the racing down but also the riding back up no matter how slow you go after your timed run. We dont exactly have big mountains in NSW so they will be more of a recovery ride anyway for most people. Maybe use a shuttle for a practice run only and then get rid of them completely once the racing starts. I come from riding downhill and although great fun I find it hard to justify long distance to races when most of the time you only get several 2-4 mins runs over a weekend.

I will not be riding for sheep stations either but if I'm going to drive 3-6 hours to a race and pay entry fees then I want to earn my beers at the end of the day, have fun and get myself fitter at the same time and also do as best as I can while I am at it.

If I wanted to keep racing downhill I would just keep doing it but the appeal for me with the GEs is being able to spend a good amount of time on the bike and isnt that what an AM bike is about, thrashing the downhills but being able to pedal your way back up again. No point if your just chucking it on a trailer each time and heading up like a DH round.

I do understand the safety aspects in regards to riding back up roads that are also used by traffic but there should be ways around this with a good traffic management plan in place. I think getting rid of the shuttles will in time increase race participant numbers as xc riders especially will realise that it will be a good days fitness for them and it will also improve their skills for coming back down the hills and downhillers it will make them much fitter riders.

See you out on the trails soon.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I think getting rid of the shuttles will in time increase race participant numbers as xc riders especially will realise that it will be a good days fitness for them and it will also improve their skills for coming back down the hills and downhillers it will make them much fitter riders.

Triceratops you sound like a standup guy! Can't wait for the series to start either.... Gotta get out on my bike more, only 26 days to go!

SaabG

Likes Dirt
If that's how you feel why don't you just ride up the hill then. Why force people who don't want to ride up hill to do so?

ronster44

Likes Dirt
One thing no one seems to be saying is that Shuttles damage you're bike, So If your sporting a lovely
new carbon wonder bike I would be riding it up. I don`t have that problem.

Aline

Likes Bikes
Im with you! I will be pedalling up if we can! Its fun to chat about how your stage went!

I can't wait to start racing the GE this year for the first time. I have to admit though the attraction of it for me is the racing down but also the riding back up no matter how slow you go after your timed run. We dont exactly have big mountains in NSW so they will be more of a recovery ride anyway for most people. Maybe use a shuttle for a practice run only and then get rid of them completely once the racing starts. I come from riding downhill and although great fun I find it hard to justify long distance to races when most of the time you only get several 2-4 mins runs over a weekend.

I will not be riding for sheep stations either but if I'm going to drive 3-6 hours to a race and pay entry fees then I want to earn my beers at the end of the day, have fun and get myself fitter at the same time and also do as best as I can while I am at it.

If I wanted to keep racing downhill I would just keep doing it but the appeal for me with the GEs is being able to spend a good amount of time on the bike and isnt that what an AM bike is about, thrashing the downhills but being able to pedal your way back up again. No point if your just chucking it on a trailer each time and heading up like a DH round.

I do understand the safety aspects in regards to riding back up roads that are also used by traffic but there should be ways around this with a good traffic management plan in place. I think getting rid of the shuttles will in time increase race participant numbers as xc riders especially will realise that it will be a good days fitness for them and it will also improve their skills for coming back down the hills and downhillers it will make them much fitter riders.

demodv8

Likes Dirt
Ourimbah questions

How do the starts work will everyone be in classes or do you start whenever you want ?.And with the down hill leg will it be strait out A line all the way or is there going to be B lines can't see too many XC bikes hucking of some of those drops .Can't wait:dance:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
How do the starts work will everyone be in classes or do you start whenever you want ?.And with the down hill leg will it be strait out A line all the way or is there going to be B lines can't see too many XC bikes hucking of some of those drops .Can't wait:dance:
In previous rounds using the timing chips we have just started in any order. Typically there has been B lines around the top section of jumps (B line is the fire road to the left) and the two A line pallets (B line down the right hand side of the first pallet and continue on the right hand side around the second pallet before rejoining the track) but in my opinion all of the Ourimbah A lines are easily rolled down.

loc81

Likes Dirt
..but in my opinion all of the Ourimbah A lines are easily rolled down.
Pretty true but I'd highly recommend getting there early, riding up and cruising down for a sticky beak at the 2 or 3 hot spots if you haven't ridden it before. Depending in bike and rider of course! Some spots are roll-able but only just. It's slow and awkward where a touch of rolling speed and leaning back will let you drift off the edge- safer IMO even at cruising speed.

demodv8

Likes Dirt
Never used timing chips before is there any tricks to using them and has anyone had problems with them