Rotorburn Strava club created

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
joined up, looks heaps better then garminconnect!
quick question, how do they work out your power figures? seeing its giving me one and i don't have a power metre?
cheers
I suspect they're looking at weight and speed to give a guess... probably something like this

Lard

Likes Dirt
Any tips from experienced strava users - especially when it comes to lap events? Do you log for the whole event or reset before each lap and end up with multiple strava entries?
You can Pause/Resume the recording between laps and strava will mark the laps for you in the ride details.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's some neat ideas in there, but also seems to be a fair few bugs. Stuff like the leaderboard entries showing that some of you guys have done 652453.7643 rides this week??
also noticed that the leaderboard for most k's seems randon, with people who have done 3k this week in the top 5.

I'm sure it'll tidy up

struggles

Likes Dirt
I don't know where I found the time to do 62534 rides in only 3 days.

That''s the first time I have seen it do that.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Strava question for all you experts out there.
I am currently a member of one club on strava so I am guessing all the kms I accumulate are added to that clubs total kms. If I join a second club (eg. rotorburn) does that mean all the kms I accumulate are added to both clubs or will I have the choice of adding them to one or the other?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Is anyone running Strava on an android phone, are there any glitches or am I better off with a dedicated GPS?

Last edited:

struggles

Likes Dirt
Strava question for all you experts out there.
I am currently a member of one club on strava so I am guessing all the kms I accumulate are added to that clubs total kms. If I join a second club (eg. rotorburn) does that mean all the kms I accumulate are added to both clubs or will I have the choice of adding them to one or the other?
You can join as many clubs as you want. You total kms work across all clubs.

Lard

Likes Dirt
Is anyone running Strava on an android phone, are there any glitches or am I better off with a dedicated GPS?
Generally Android is fine, although some cheap phones have cheap gps units and don't work as well. I've got an Asus-Garmin A50 which has an awesome GPS, as you'd hope being garmin branded.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Generally Android is fine, although some cheap phones have cheap gps units and don't work as well. I've got an Asus-Garmin A50 which has an awesome GPS, as you'd hope being garmin branded.
Thanks Lard, I've got a HTC and loaded it on at lunchtime and went for quick pedal, I suppose I'll find out tonight when I load it up how good it actually is. I thought it was all a bit gimmicky to start with but having a looksey around the website it all looks quite cool.

struggles

Likes Dirt
Thanks Lard, I've got a HTC and loaded it on at lunchtime and went for quick pedal, I suppose I'll find out tonight when I load it up how good it actually is. I thought it was all a bit gimmicky to start with but having a looksey around the website it all looks quite cool.
I have a HTC Desire that I use it with. Have never had an issue. It even worked well carrying it in my end when I went for a walk around Sydney.

http://app.strava.com/walks/2086651

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Glad to see all you boys joining the club, I made it ages ago but its finally taking off.

I use a HTC Legend which seems to have fairly consistent Stats.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I signed up to Strava. I can't get the app on my phone (Blackberry) so I use Endomondo, which I've been using for a while now, and just export the GPX files from Endomondo and import them into Strava. Strava seems to offer better features when it comes to comparing against other riders, but Endomondo offers better features for tracking individual performance.

1000th post :)

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I signed up to Strava. I can't get the app on my phone (Blackberry) so I use Endomondo, which I've been using for a while now, and just export the GPX files from Endomondo and import them into Strava. Strava seems to offer better features when it comes to comparing against other riders, but Endomondo offers better features for tracking individual performance.

1000th post :)
+1. I use Endomondo and really like it. I tried Strava but just ended up doing what you do.

Minlak

custom titis
I have a HTC Desire that I use it with. Have never had an issue. It even worked well carrying it in my end when I went for a walk around Sydney.

I dont think he realised :)

Is that for security? I just stick my phone in my pocket.
I was like doh i wanted to say that :)

Nah I did't think it would work in my pocket so I just carried it.
Still doesnt get it :) lol

If its not working in your pocket it sure as hell wont work in your ass!!! :caked: