Rotors

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Sorry.

Do I have to delete my account now? I swear to only ride an e-bike in order to truly understand their uselessness :oops:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just a bit of information to post here.

Not all Shimano Centrelock lock rings are created equally :oops:

While removing RT64's (SLX) rotors and replacing them with MT800's (XT) I noticed something different.

I had already done the front wheel and was doing the back, I lifted the packet and tore the lockring from underneath... wow thats lighter.

The lockring that came with the XT rotors is made of alu, the SLX level (or maybe lower as its OEM) is made of steel.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Just a bit of information to post here.

Not all Shimano Centrelock lock rings are created equally :oops:

While removing RT64's (SLX) rotors and replacing them with MT800's (XT) I noticed something different.

I had already done the front wheel and was doing the back, I lifted the packet and tore the lockring from underneath... wow thats lighter.

The lockring that came with the XT rotors is made of alu, the SLX level (or maybe lower as its OEM) is made of steel.

View attachment 376079
View attachment 376080
View attachment 376081
Thank you for weighing both, the maths is mind boggling :p

ozzybmx

Diggin !

Recently got a bike that has 220mm rotors front and back, 6 bolt :rolleyes: SM-RT66 rotors fitted as standard. At 220mm and 1.8mm(ish) thick, they are very flimsy and susceptible to warping/rubbing after a relatively modest descent.

Haven't had 6 bolt hubs or wheels on my main MTB's since about 2018. What is this throwback ? ;)

Looking to replace them with something more substantial.

Without spending $400 on pair of Hope rotors.. was looking at the Magura MDR-P 6 bolts.

Anyone using them ? How do they go with Shimano quad piston brakes ? Any rubbing on fork legs, brake adaptors etc ?

maxresdefault.jpg

ozzybmx

$59au each at R2, got a set in the basket ready to go... and be kicked around the Frankfurt hangar for a month.

ozzybmx

Twin disc front???
Doesn't need it. I have Trickstuff Power pads here for the brakes, came with sintered pads in the M8120s and 220mm rotors, they are as powerful as I have felt with a set of brakes.

Same brakes with 200/180 on my Deviate don't feel as solid. They will also get a bleed and TS power pads soon.

ozzybmx

Maybe that's why @mooreybot keeps telling it's "living his best life" with a subtly aggressive undertone. :p
He asked it a question, waited for the AI bot answer then uploaded a picture of a little Mexican girl, a monkey with bulging eyes and a bruised arse. This confused the bot and made it angry ;)