Rubbish after 8 hr race

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Wayno,
there are still heap otto bins filled with rubbish frm the 8 hr race still sitting around transition (xc) area - about 9 bins (was yesterday) - looks terrible:mad:

Wait till sledger takes vp reins, we wont let this happen:D

adamd

Likes Dirt
jumpers - if the bins get cleared where are you going to put the rest of your asbestos?

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Don't know anything about it? We only gave permission for the track to be used in the event the rest is up to the organisers, (City Bike Depot) and I am in QLD enjoying the Sun, heat, blue sky and the heat, can't do anything at the moment. Went to Australia Zoo today, did I mention the heat 30 degrees a 4 year old and chaffing

jumpers

Likes Dirt
adamd - i eat asbestos for breakfast.

Wayno - enjoy qld, hope you get sunburn whilst we all working:D Did they try to keep you at the zoo as an exhibit? Hope see u at masters race - about time us "mature" watermelons were catered for - beer dh runs.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Chris asked me to post on his behalf

Chris from Wannaride said:
Rubbish after 8 Hour race - Hey guys it's Chris here from Wannaride, the organizers of the 8 hour race at Ourimbah. It was just brought to my attention by Tim from CCOMTB that the rubbish bins are still sitting there more than a week after the event. And now this page from the Farkin forum was sent to me. I would like to say how very sorry I am that this has happened. We got so much positive feedback after the race, and now to find out that a pile of rubbish has not been picked up really is disturbing. In no way did we plan for this to happen or would we purposely trash such a beautiful trail. Myself and Hugh went up on the Monday after the race and spent 6 hours cleaning up the track and transition area.
Wyong Council was paid in advance for the delivery and pickup of the rubbish bins, and they seemed to have failed in their task. I just spoke to the council and they were unaware that the company they contracted to pick up the bins had left them there and not been back to pick them up. They assured me that the bins will be picked up before the end of today. Again, I am sorry that this has happened and will make sure that the situation is sorted immediately.

Cheers and hope to see everyone on a trail somewhere soon,
Chris

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Typical council -takes at least 20 of them to make a decision let alone pick bins up.
Now if we could just put all the moto riders in the bins................:)

mick377

Squid
Cleanest I've seen it ...

I saw the full red bins and thought "wow, I've never seen the area so clean".

Congratulations to the organisers for leaving the area in a better state than they found it. I'm sure they picked up a lot of old rubbish that wasn't left there by the event.

PS Who else thinks the new adventure park at the bottom of Red Hill will need a much better fence. Maybe they aren't aware of the drunken hoons who like to frequent the forest and destroy anything they can find.