Running a 160mm fork on 180mm travel bike???

Cano29

Likes Dirt
I'm looking at getting some new forks for a 2010 faith, 7 inches of travel front and rear. Is there problems with running a lesser travel fork on the front?
I was thinking of possibly running a 160mm on the front and leave the 180mm on the rear???
Thanks.

dunndog

Eats Squid
May I ask why?
As for problems, only the obvious changes in geo, dropped front end, steeper head angle, etc.. wouldn't think it would particularly hurt your frame but it doesn't sound like the ideal ride..

Cano29

Likes Dirt
Yeah fair enough, The main reason is struggling to find the fork I want in 180mm travel. Don't have a lot to spend and was thinking of getting whatever pops up (second hand).
Thanks, Think I'll try and go 180mm.

May I ask why?
As for problems, only the obvious changes in geo, dropped front end, steeper head angle, etc.. wouldn't think it would particularly hurt your frame but it doesn't sound like the ideal ride..

csrides

Likes Bikes
Whats wrong with totems that originally come with it? I find them perfect for all types of riding. Ive taken my 2010 faith on xc tracks (yes it was a slog but it did work), am tracks, most dh tracks across nsw and plenty of freeride tracks and the totems adapt amazingly. I just added more air or took air out, depending on my riding style. Hands down the best bike, shame giant dont make it anymore for 2013...

Cano29

Likes Dirt
I just want to try something different, and maybe a little lighter. Was thinking something like the 36's. I like the totems as well, they suit the faith pretty good.
I'm still working out if I really want to sell them or not.