Sam Hill on his Demo 8 at Adelaide

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i hear that sam along with specilized are going to bring out a new dh race bike in the near future. till then he will be riding a demo. it found it on a web sight some where not sure wat it is called. the demo looks like a big heavy frame and not the fastes bike on the earth but with sam on it specilized will be making millions. if huffy signed sam hill no mater how crap they are people would start riding. absolutly everthing is infulenced by the top riders it is a proven fact.

in my opinion it dosent matter what bike sam rides he will always win and be my favrouite.
Everyone seems to have a sterotype in there mind that Demos are heavy. I must admit the 2006 down were heavy the 07 and up are some of the lightest DH bikes out there Mine is 07 and when it was stock it weighed 18.3 kg on my bathroom scales.
Sam Hill will do fine on it I think but we'll let the National serious decide that. Oh yer and didnt he jump ship because IH lost there DW link design rights?.

prosheep

Likes Dirt
he left ironhorse for numerous reasons, i would think that one of them would be that the title sponsor, monster energy, has left ironhorse and is now with specilized. the reason he is noy wearing any monster gear apart from the design on his helmet is that 1, i dont think he would have his specilized/monster gear even made and it would look a bit silly if he was wearing a jersey that said ironhorse when he is on a specilized, and 2 he doesent have to promote monster in australia, it isnt distributed over here.

shaunus

Squid
wasnt a good first outting for sam on the new bike, just saw on the adelaide news he didnt qualify for final due to a mechanical problem and jared graves took out the event

RacelineBoy

Likes Dirt
shaunus said:
wasnt a good first outting for sam on the new bike, just saw on the adelaide news he didnt qualify for final due to a mechanical problem and jared graves took out the event
I must confirm that. Sam Hill mechanical problem was because he was riding a demo. hahaha

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did he qualify?

Do we have final results yet?

EDIT:

Just read above.

Anyone know the top 5 or so?

indica

Serial flasher
was that due to the apparent excessive frame weight??
Yes, also he didn't have the force with him as he didn't have his Monster top on, the bike was also the wrong colour, and he looked uncomfortable .... oh, and he had to pedal.

LEAVE HIM ALONE ...

timotimo

Squid
Well race is done and dusted, Hill had a mechanical and didnt qualify haha :eek:, still he got a timed "demo" run so all the people who came to watch could see him and he got a 2:02 i believe (correct if wrong) and he would have placed either 1st or 2nd behind or infront of Graves.

Mr Green

Likes Dirt
He (Sam Hill) got a 2:03ish (2nd fastest time of the day?) and Graves won with a 2:02ish (fastest TOD), check the crouching dragon corner...

Attachments

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
I just noticed I made a mistake in the title haha.

Not too good that he's on a new team and first race he gets a mechanical :confused:

Hungie

Likes Dirt
Good first outing (time) on the new bike me thinks. The 2010 Boxxers with the upsized 35mm staunchions look nice and chunky.

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
I hope Sam Hill doesn't read this thread.

It would be embarrassing for Farkin.net
Apparently he does visit Farkin, but cleverly refrains from engaging with the general drivel-spouting clowns who festoon it's threads.

Interestingly, the same pics posted on a less-juvenile dominated MTB forum received comments like "Gee he looks fast and comfortable" and the like, none of this stoopid "he looks uncomfortable and I don't like the colour of the bike" rubbish. It's just the nature of Farkin.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Apparently he does visit Farkin, but cleverly refrains from engaging with the general drivel-spouting clowns who festoon it's threads.

Interestingly, the same pics posted on a less-juvenile dominated MTB forum received comments like "Gee he looks fast and comfortable" and the like, none of this stoopid "he looks uncomfortable and I don't like the colour of the bike" rubbish. It's just the nature of Farkin.
It is a downhill site. going downhill fast. Lets change the name to iluvsamhill.net