Sam Hill signed with CRC Nukeproof for 2013

MARKL

Eats Squid
As an middle aged guy when I read Sam's column in Revo I thought it was fantastic; I didn't read into it that he needed to lay pipe from a financial perspective. What I did take from the article was that it gave him some perspective and helped him appreciate how good he has it as a pro rider - he certainly wasn't bitching that he had to work. For me, as a fan of Sam, it was encouraging to read - so often in modern media we read about some schmuck with talent who gets paid a shit load of money to do what they love and then sooks about how tough their life is...may save reading the story in 15 years 'how good I had it...didn't fulfill my talent...wasted...blah blah'

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Uckin hell...theres nothing to a bike...don't compare it to f1, where there's so much physics in developing those cars to the rules at the time.
What is hill and jay-z and tupac gonna wipe there ball sweat on the bike and something magic happen.

It's a few angle of frame moulded/welded.
Bikes are bikes these days. An advantage is having access to the black box truck to run different suspension setups. Its mostly rider that counts.

Hope he wins though
Puuuhleease. The only reason the demo is any good now is coz Sam was riding it, he developed it into the thoroughbred racing steed that it is, they were barely able to make it down a hill before Sam rode for them. The next one without his input will probably have all the angles wrong and bottom bracket to high, unrideable again, good luck specialized. What would you know anyway, you ride a santa cruz rip off and don't even have kachima...

Next thing you'll be telling me that Rossi had no input into the Yamaha whatsoever. The only reason Jorge has won anything on that bike is coz Rossi made it good for him.

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
Puuuhleease. The only reason the demo is any good now is coz Sam was riding it, he developed it into the thoroughbred racing steed that it is, they were barely able to make it down a hill before Sam rode for them. The next one without his input will probably have all the angles wrong and bottom bracket to high, unrideable again, good luck specialized. What would you know anyway, you ride a santa cruz rip off and don't even have kachima...

Next thing you'll be telling me that Rossi had no input into the Yamaha whatsoever. The only reason Jorge has won anything on that bike is coz Rossi made it good for him.
Rossi did have nothing to do with the development of the Yamaha m1. The bike was designed by a bloke called Furusawa and it was already built and being tested before Rossi got there. If Rossi was responsible for bike development he would have done something, anything, with the Ducati but he couldn't. The reason Lorenzo wins on it, often, is because he is blindingly quick with metronomic consistency. Just watch as Lorenzo smashes Rossi in 2013.

I don't know why people believe riders, mtb or moto, have any input into their bikes beyond setup options such as ride height, spring rates, cockpit etc. They will be asked to critique the bike, but it is the manufacturers designers and engineers that find solutions to those criticisms. The feedback/criticisms a rider provides varies person to person. Rider 1 says the "the bike feels bad through the rock garden for some reason." Meanwhile rider 2 will be able to say " the bike feels bad through the rock garden because the rear end skips side to side." So rider 2 has more clearly highlighted the problem that needs solving which helps the bikes developers know which direction to take to solve it.

Last edited:

jamballz

Likes Dirt
Rossi had nothing to do with the development of the Yamaha m1. The bike was designed by a bloke called Furusawa and it was already built and being tested before Rossi got there. If Rossi was responsible for bike development he would have done something, anything, with the Ducati but he couldn't. The reason Lorenzo wins on it, often, is because he is blindingly quick with metronomic consistency. Just watch as Lorenzo smashes Rossi in 2013.

I don't know why people believe riders, mtb or moto, have any input into their bikes beyond setup options such as ride height, spring rates, cockpit etc. They will be asked to critique the bike, but it is the manufacturers designers and engineers that find solutions to those criticisms. The feedback/criticisms a rider provides varies person to person. Rider 1 says the "the bike feels bad through the rock garden for some reason." Meanwhile rider 2 will be able to say " the bike feels bad through the rock garden because the rear end skips side to side." So rider 2 has more clearly highlighted the problem that needs solving which helps the bikes developers know which direction to take to solve it.
Rossi had everything to do with the development of the M1, obviously he didn't design or build it, however he did (with the assistants of engineers) have alot of input into the updates and design evolution of those updates.
He was slow on the Ducati because he couldn't get either the front or rear end to work right. Even though the factory tried many variations of swingarm's, and even resorted to using the previous years front fork. The Ducati did not suit Rossi, and to date the only rider able to produce results on it is Stoner.
As for 2013, $100 says Rossi beats Whoregay Lorenzo.
And furthermore, the Rc211v was all Rossi and his team.

I believe Sam going to CRC is probably the best career move he can make at this stage of his life. I have no doubt it will be a much more lucrative deal for both parties.

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid

coming from sam's and wardy's no1 fanboy...go oil ya self for facebook photos!!!

Gwin would win on any brand anyway....cause he rides moto. everyone knows it makes you popular with the ladies

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Rossi did have nothing to do with the development of the Yamaha m1. The bike was designed by a bloke called Furusawa and it was already built and being tested before Rossi got there. If Rossi was responsible for bike development he would have done something, anything, with the Ducati but he couldn't. The reason Lorenzo wins on it, often, is because he is blindingly quick with metronomic consistency. Just watch as Lorenzo smashes Rossi in 2013.

Ah, yeh, you missed the tongue in cheek there fella. Rossi is an undertalented, over rated egomaniac. To suggest any riders input into the direction and or development of a bike in MotoGP from an also ran to a race winner is as absurd as suggesting the difference between one world cup rider beating another world cup rider coming down to the bike he is on.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Rossi had everything to do with the development of the M1, obviously he didn't design or build it, however he did (with the assistants of engineers) have alot of input into the updates and design evolution of those updates.
He was slow on the Ducati because he couldn't get either the front or rear end to work right. Even though the factory tried many variations of swingarm's, and even resorted to using the previous years front fork. The Ducati did not suit Rossi, and to date the only rider able to produce results on it is Stoner.
As for 2013, $100 says Rossi beats Whoregay Lorenzo.
And furthermore, the Rc211v was all Rossi and his team.

I believe Sam going to CRC is probably the best career move he can make at this stage of his life. I have no doubt it will be a much more lucrative deal for both parties.
You're tripping here on your jamballz mate. Furusawa already had the M1 as a shit hot bike, all Rossi and "his team" (ie Burgess and co, Mick Doohans team) was pick the better of two already amazing engines fitted to what was and still is probably the nicest handling GP bike ever made. Rossi was slow on the Ducati coz it wasn't the perfect handling bike handed on a silver platter to him like very other bike he has had his entire career.

I'll happily take that bet with you, but you may want to start a Motogp 2013 topic so this here SAMHILLISTHEBESSTEST!!111 can get back on track.

/back on topic, any of these elite level racers will make whatever DH bikethey have work for them almost as well as any other DH bike. The best downhill racer will still win on whatever bike he is given.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats a good question,Id say he wont race the series at all,it would be good to see him and troy battle it out again.
He said in his article in the latest revolution mag that planned on racing the whole series again as it helped him get up to speed for the WC's last season.

cjaty

Likes Dirt
He said in his article in the latest revolution mag that planned on racing the whole series again as it helped him get up to speed for the WC's last season.
Well thenI guess he WILL be riding a nukeproof then.Cant wait for that,will bring the crowds in.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
He's already been riding both his Nukeproof DH and XC bikes.
How do you know this? Pics, article, interview?

I am curious about the clips thing too. I know he was staunchly against them, but he seems to be embracing the new school a bit more now (training and health). Maybe with a family to provide for he will give them a crack during races now?

heavyp

You heard it here first
but he seems to be embracing the new school a bit more now (training and health).
If you have a look at his instagram its full of deep fried chicken burgers and lots of drinking, I think the health and fitness thing have taken a vacation since the end of the season. In saying that riders have a good 4 months to get fit for sea otter thats when the season begins I guess for most

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
If you have a look at his instagram its full of deep fried chicken burgers and lots of drinking, I think the health and fitness thing have taken a vacation since the end of the season. In saying that riders have a good 4 months to get fit for sea otter thats when the season begins I guess for most
Michael Jordan still ate McDonalds sometimes.