AM Second Time Lucky (Craftworks FRX V2)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I reckon you'll give it a faint tickle! That's very close. Would offset bushings help change the angle at max dangle?
Pretty sure offset bushings would bring it closer, don't think they work the other way do they?

How much shim is in the shock? Maybe another couple of mm to be safe. What size tyre is it? Could be that running something less chunky like an ardent or a SS might give you some piece of mind

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Lucaw

Next in line
Pretty sure offset bushings would bring it closer, don't think they work the other way do they?

How much shim is in the shock? Maybe another couple of mm to be safe. What size tyre is it? Could be that running something less chunky like an ardent or a SS might give you some piece of mind

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
4mm shim, might put another 2 in there for piece of mind

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is that a QR fork?

Strip the fork. Or sticker bomb it. Maybe decoupage? Cover it in animae and contact.

Lucaw

Next in line
Well fuck.

Not only did I snap my barrel adjuster clean in half, I also managed loose the pads out of the rear brake which means that the pistons went out too far and now the seal has come out so no the calliper leaks and the pistons don’t return. The front lever also rattles really loud now too.
I now need new brakes and I will put a wanted ad up later.
I’m starting to think that @ozzybmx was right when he said that the bike was cursed

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like @Lucaw put the rage filter on that photo! Shit luck dude. I've got 1 older style Shimano xt (785) at home, pretty sure it is for the rear. A mate has a Shimano slx front from the se era. I think the combo would be better than the other options you have suggested. I'll be home in a few days and can have a look of you like Shimano?

Lucaw

Next in line
Looks like @Lucaw put the rage filter on that photo! Shit luck dude. I've got 1 older style Shimano xt (785) at home, pretty sure it is for the rear. A mate has a Shimano slx front from the se era. I think the combo would be better than the other options you have suggested. I'll be home in a few days and can have a look of you like Shimano?
sounds good

Lucaw

Next in line
So, update time
Got @RaccMTB old set of xt m775s which bolted straight one and are powerful enough for me. :D
Took it out for a ride today on the Meehan, and rode from the top of Nutella to the belbins car park in 15mins
Before:

After:

I am very disappointed in the box 3 drive train however, as the clutch is not strong enough to stop the chain bouncing of the cassette and getting caught in the frame. I also can’t get used to the single push shifter. Does anyone know if the microshift avent 9 would work with my box cassette?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is this chain suck or skipping?

It may be worth pulling the hub apart a bit to get some fresh grease in there.

Lucaw

Next in line
Is this chain suck or skipping?

It may be worth pulling the hub apart a bit to get some fresh grease in there.
I lubricted the hub yesterday, and it does skip only in the top two gears but if I fix those ones then it skips in all of the other ones

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This might just be an alignment issue rather than needing to change. You fiddled with the settings on the derailleur much?

As for the microspline...no idea. Are they all Shimano spacing?

Lucaw

Next in line
This might just be an alignment issue rather than needing to change. You fiddled with the settings on the derailleur much?

As for the microspline...no idea. Are they all Shimano spacing?
I have tried adjusting it, but it just will not work properly

The microshift just uses any 9 speed chain and the box chain is the same width as a Shimano 9 speed. If nobody has anything to say I will order a microshift avent shifter and rear mech

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I have tried adjusting it, but it just will not work properly

The microshift just uses any 9 speed chain and the box chain is the same width as a Shimano 9 speed. If nobody has anything to say I will order a microshift avent shifter and rear mech
It is possible to use a 10spd Shimano mech with a Sram 9spd shifter wonder if it would work with a box shifter.

Lucaw

Next in line
So I had another go at indexing the rear mech, to no avail. I tried spacing the chainring in and out, removing the chain guide and it still skips on the top two gears of they are under pressure. If you try and add more tension to relieve the top end skipping then it skips at the bottom end. Most of the play appears to be coming from the pop rivets in the parallelogram. It’s less than 3 months old, so I will see if mtb direct will warranty it.