AM Second Time Lucky (Craftworks FRX V2)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
So I had another go at indexing the rear mech, to no avail. I tried spacing the chainring in and out, removing the chain guide and it still skips on the top two gears of they are under pressure. If you try and add more tension to relieve the top end skipping then it skips at the bottom end. Most of the play appears to be coming from the pop rivets in the parallelogram. It’s less than 3 months old, so I will see if mtb direct will warranty it.
Is the cable clamped into the derailleur arm in the correct direction?

Lucaw

Next in line
So, update time
Warranty derailuir showed up - still has play in it :rolleyes:
I will be putting it up for sale soon and I have ordered a microshift shifter and derailleur.
In the meantime I put the zee from frx the 1st on.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
That chain looks a tad short. Is there any chain growth?
Thought the same. @Lucaw probably worth even just rotating the chainguide CCW a little bit to ease a bit of tension on the chain there. Will also bring the top roller down closer to the chainring.

Edit: just looked closer and can see the ISCG bolt is already at the limit of the slot... Bugger.

moorey

call me Mia
It is possible to use a 10spd Shimano mech with a Sram 9spd shifter wonder if it would work with a box shifter.
10sp shimano derailleur. (With a 6mm spacer)
9sp sram shifter.
9sp cassette.

You’re not running the above with 10sp cassette, I hope? Or mixing 9/10 shimano. Or 9/10 sram?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
10sp shimano derailleur. (With a 6mm spacer)
9sp sram shifter.
9sp cassette.

You’re not running the above with 10sp cassette, I hope? Or mixing 9/10 shimano. Or 9/10 sram?
Where is the scratch head emoji. I was running the Zee and 9spd SRAM shifter I picked up off you with a sunrace 9spd cassette. Stopped using the 6mm spacer because I found it shifted nicer without it, seems like some frames need it and others don't.

I was just wondering out loud if box 9spd had the same pull ratio as SRAM 9spd.

moorey

call me Mia
Where is the scratch head emoji. I was running the Zee and 9spd SRAM shifter I picked up off you with a sunrace 9spd cassette. Stopped using the 6mm spacer because I found it shifted nicer without it, seems like some frames need it and others don't.

I was just wondering out loud if box 9spd had the same pull ratio as SRAM 9spd.
Did you run the spacer in the right spot? Without was almost perfect for me, adding the spacer just tweaked the pull ratio to 100%. Could easily live without.
No idea on the Box either, but I think there's definite incompatibility here somewhere. Wide range Zee mech? Cassette too big for even the wide range? Mixing brands, and potentially speeds? I am confident that if I could eyeball all this in the flesh, I'd nut it out.

Lucaw

Next in line
so i was running a box 3 prime nine and i will replace the shifter and derailleur with a microshift one. the 10-speed zee came on the first frx with the 11-36 cassette and i have just put it on here as an interim until the microshift parts arrive.

moorey

call me Mia
so i was running a box 3 prime nine and i will replace the shifter and derailleur with a microshift one. the 10-speed zee came on the first frx with the 11-36 cassette and i have just put it on here as an interim until the microshift parts arrive.
But currently 9sp box shifter with zee derailleur?

clockworked

Like an orange
You rode past me down corkscrew on saturday. Only noticed because of the colour of the bike. Looked like it was running alright!

Lucaw

Next in line
You rode past me down corkscrew on saturday. Only noticed because of the colour of the bike. Looked like it was running alright!
Yeah, it stands out a bit.
It’s not like your standard murdered out black enduro bike

Last edited: