AM She’s Crafty, she gets around…

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Glad you are liking it moorey, I am still loving mine. I converted my Cane Creek air to coil with a progressive spring. Lost a bit of pop and pedaling efficiency but didn't gain much of the coil feel as I would have liked. I now need to use the climb switch.
Watch that idler when wearing long pants, I got a baggy pair of work pants caught up in it the other day, ended badly for my pants, could have ended badly for me in the wrong situation.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Glad you are liking it moorey, I am still loving mine. I converted my Cane Creek air to coil with a progressive spring. Lost a bit of pop and pedaling efficiency but didn't gain much of the coil feel as I would have liked. I now need to use the climb switch.
Watch that idler when wearing long pants, I got a baggy pair of work pants caught up in it the other day, ended badly for my pants, could have ended badly for me in the wrong situation.
He is still in short pants. They are long but you know what I mean.

moorey

call me Mia
Long….pants? I’m a Ballarat lad.
Cheers. Just for giggles, I’ll try a monarch debonair, CCDBA and an older coil shock. Compression lever isn’t doing much, I’ll check it’s reservoir air pressure tomorrow in case it’s lost a bit. I know the T3 are fickle like that. It’s feeling fine to ride though.

moorey

call me Mia
More of a red hot crack on the Crafty today.
36km with 1200 climbing.

DVO reservoir was a bit low (130psi. I’ll need to keep an eye on that). Pumped to about 185, and it’s feeling a lot better all round.
One small hurdle, and one I was aware of when buying, the water bottle fouls under compression. Had hoped the Fidlock wouldn’t, but alas.
Do I?:
-Try swapping out shocks to check how other go? Really liking the Topaz TBH.
- Hit the bottle gently with the heat gun, and push the offending corner in 5mm?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Can you tweak the Fidlock mount so it slides up a few mm or will the top of the bottle not fit in the triangle?

moorey

call me Mia
Can you tweak the Fidlock mount so it slides up a few mm or will the top of the bottle not fit in the triangle?
It all the way forward unfortunately. Tons of room up front. Crafty ran it way lower than necessary. COG, I guess.

Jpez

Down on the left!
It all the way forward unfortunately. Tons of room up front. Crafty ran it way lower than necessary. COG, I guess.
I think you can get adapters designed to move the bottle further up. Problem solvers maybe??
damn good effort on that ride too.

moorey

call me Mia
Tons of room running the smaller bottle with different profile…but 400ml not enough for a decent ride.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Bit of 25x3 aluminium flat, drill two holes where it needs to bolt to the frame and tap two further along to move the cage. Paint it black.

Or buy this ^

Does that frame say TRUMP?