Short term ban for not putting SOLD

jawry

Likes Dirt
Just a grumble from a cranky old bastard.

Bloody sick of all the SOLD items still sitting in the classifieds because lazy pricks cannot read/abide by simple rules.

For farks sake - you are getting a bloody good free service here. Have the courtesy of not being such a lazy slob.

rant over and good night.

jawry

ChopSticks

Banned
I think a short term ban is pretty harsh...
and I prefer to see the name calling / humiliation to the OP when the template police (regular uses) charge through.

there should however be a mod (*puts hands up*) that patrols the classified and clears ALL sold items once every 3 months~ and spends a few hours doing so.

Alternatively... just report the post/thread and it usually disappears pretty quickly

moorey

call me Mia
I think a short term ban is pretty harsh...
and I prefer to see the name calling / humiliation to the OP when the template police (regular uses) charge through.

there should however be a mod (*puts hands up*) that patrols the classified and clears ALL sold items once every 3 months~ and spends a few hours doing so.

Alternatively... just report the post/thread and it usually disappears pretty quickly
Bahahahaha. You've got as much chance of being made a mod as me...um...having my mod status removed....
thanks for the laugh though.

ChopSticks

Banned
Bahahahaha. You've got as much chance of being made a mod as me...um...having my mod status removed....
thanks for the laugh though.

Really?!?!?.... I'm aware only a handful of people (regulars) think of me as a dick... whereas the entire RB KNOWS you're a knob :boink:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Really?!?!?.... I'm aware only a handful of people (regulars) think of me as a dick... whereas the entire RB KNOWS you're a knob :boink:
Moorey has got to be the best angler on this forum. He goes fishing and you bite hook line and sinker. Thanks for the laughs.

As for not putting SOLD in the title, I reckon it should result in withdrawal of trading privileges.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I agree, short ban for sure, slap one on Moorey and Chops for clogging another thread with their push me shove you oh yeah says who nonsense.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The whole sold thing in the title, you have to dig a bit to change it.

Could you change it so instead of needing "Sold" in the title, you need to edit the first post and put !sold! or something similar in the text body which could send it to the sold forum?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
first world problems... couldn't spend my disposable income on a toy because someone beat me to it.

as mentioned it can be a difficult process for those not so computer (or phone) literate as the rest of us. so long as it mentions somewhere that it's gone, that'll do pig... that'll do.

moorey

call me Mia
The whole sold thing in the title, you have to dig a bit to change it.

Could you change it so instead of needing "Sold" in the title, you need to edit the first post and put !sold! or something similar in there which could send it to the sold forum?
It's not rocket surgery editing it. I'm more concerned about pretenders to mod-dom usually listing things as 'make an offer'. It's not eBay, people. :tsk:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It shits me too and I do give the turds a week off if they don't update it accordingly. Report the post with a message about not saying sold in the title and I'll cut them away.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How did I miss this soap opera thread? I need to review my subscriptions.

Is it possible to have a script that auto deletes for sale threads after a certain time? Such as 4 weeks from the last post in the thread.

takai

Eats Squid
How did I miss this soap opera thread? I need to review my subscriptions.

Is it possible to have a script that auto deletes for sale threads after a certain time? Such as 4 weeks from the last post in the thread.
This would be useful, keep having stuff bumped up from 6 months ago etc.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Or bike for $2700 with 8 bumps and no price reduction !

Fark mate, it's too fucking dear, that's why no one is interestedn your jousting sticks