Show me Your Music (Formerly 3 Bands Thread)

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Sounds - Dying to say this to you.

Fantastic album. Awesome vocals, some of the best I've heard. Bit raspy like Brodie from the Distillers, but so elegant. God I love groups from Sweeden (Sounds, Knife).

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funny you say that. I have Living in America stuck in my head. Ego is a pretty sweet song too :cool:

RCOH

Eats Squid
Dragonforce - it is the metal equivalent of tantric sex on speed

Tim Armstrong - Rancid Punk goes Reggae! A bit over produced at times but pretty cruisy.

PJ Harvey - I would like to have tantric sex with her, probably without the speed though, maybe acid.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
might have to try out tim armstrong. sounds interesting

been listening to Blue oyster cult this weekend. rediscovering it thanks to mp3 palyer being on random.

also, i suggest anyone with a love or even a mild interest in dub/reggae/ska mixed in with a little bit of hip hop and acoustic check out matisyahu. his version of message in a bottle is friggin awesome. check out his latest album: No place to be and his first, shake off the dust... arise.

very awesome sounds.

RCOH

Eats Squid
I like Matisyahu "Live At Stubbs" album but find his studio stuff loses something in the mix. Haven't heard the latest album though, I will have to give it a go.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
yeah the latest is unreal. its VERY dub though. some of the beats in it.. mmm.. listen to it loud.

the latest also comes with a DVD of one of his live shows in israel. goes off!

(also, bear in mind that i am not remotely jewish or religious at all and im loving his stuff)

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Same, I will never listen to Christian music (knowingly) but give me some orthodox jewish reggae & I'm all ears!
watch the christian music episode of south park. farken funny.

i forgot to mention that there is an interview with matis on the DVD as well. he is a converted jew and doesnt jsut write his music for the jewish population, it's meant for anyone to be able to listen to and enjoy.

(right now im listening to the track "father in the forest" off his "shake off the dust... arise" album. so awesome, gotta be one of my favorite songs of his)

hidesy

Likes Dirt
ok i no its more than 3 but its my playlist. there all sick

-funeral for a freind
-as i lie dieing
-atreyu
-lamb of god
-the devil whears prada
-bloodsimple
-bullet for my vallentine
-parway drive
-system of a down
-the used
-sum 41
-gyroscope
-yellow card

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
PJ Harvey - I would like to have tantric sex with her, probably without the speed though, maybe acid.
Kind of weird, but I've got a few of PJ's albums on my mp3 player and I usually skip past the songs when they come up. They just seem to be lacking something. However, the one live performance I saw of hers is perhaps the best live show I have ever seen. She was absolutely amazing. I enjoyed her show more than the Chilli Peppers, Tool, Ministry and RATM when they were all in their prime.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Sorry to Dig up an old thread but while i was in NZ i found a new band that really floats my boat.

it's called so so modern (www.sosomodern.com) and is fkn awesome!!

also, to make the 3 bands quota, i've also come across some cool old school AFI (black sails into the sunset) and my fav song off that album atm has got to be The Prayer Position. just so cool and it sounds fkn huge!

Also, i've rediscovered my collection of Red Hot Chili Peppers (all 460 odd songs that i have somehow managed to accumulate) which includes such classics as "catholic schoolgirls rule", "Flea's cock" and my all time fav RHCP song, "Funky Crime". such a freakin rad song.

i believe there is a torrent on torrentspy that has all the songs on it.. not that i condone illegal d'loading or anything but check that shit out

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
this week I arve been mostly listening to...

New Young Pony Club: Fantastic playroom.

Female fronted indie-electro. Sound a little bit like Chicks On Speed but better. Not quite as pretentious, bit more emphasis on the actual tunes.

Hadouken: various tracks.

Not sure what to make of this mob. They're decking themselves out in fluoro like they're acid house freaks circa '88 or Gatecrasher kids crica '99 yet their tunes aren't really proper traditional dance music. It is f***ing bouncy however and tops for riding to. Lots of silly MCing atop massive squelchy basslines. The sort of thing to induce cringing when rediscovered 12 months down the track but great fun at the time. Kinda like Public Domain in a way. Be interested to see how their album pans out

Iron Maiden: Live after Death

SCREAM FOR ME, LONG BEACH!
Dug out the oldie (and TBH the rest of the back catalogue) after an episode of The Seven Ages of Rock (brilliant doco series. download it now kiddies, you won't be disappointed!) and the fact I'm back at my folks place where I spent so many of my teenage days strutting about in a pair of dodgy jeans, dodgier trainers a dodgy leather jacket and an incredibly dodgy haircut all made complete with a pair of headphones blasting Maiden at full volume. Anyway, Live after Death is a f***ing classic album. Kicking off with the mihty Aces High it just pounds you with track after track of classic tunes all driven by the holy trinity of Bruce Dickinson's Air raid siren voice, Adrian Smith and Dave Murray's dual lead guitar and Steve Harris' thundering bass.
Awesome stuff. simply f***ing awesome...

freeride_ac

Likes Dirt
karnivool, the butterfly effect (both aussie and rad)
smashing pumpkins (just released new album and started listening to them again)

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tough one.

Suicidal Tendencies:
What can I say about them that hasnt been said already? Basically one of the most fun bands ever. Quality crossover thrash for the masses.

Siege:
Grind before grind existed. Basically the most extreme band of 1984 and still one of the most intense listens ever. The bass line on conform is one of my favourites, and the bonus version (slowed down, with sax over the top) is one of the most disturbing sounding songs I have ever listenined to.

Wu Tang Clan:
Enter the Wu-Tang is one of the best rap records ever, and that is pretty much all that needs to be said. Minimal beats, great rhymes and structure, great production, RIP ODB.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Tough one.

Suicidal Tendencies:
What can I say about them that hasnt been said already? Basically one of the most fun bands ever. Quality crossover thrash for the masses.

Siege:
Grind before grind existed. Basically the most extreme band of 1984 and still one of the most intense listens ever. The bass line on conform is one of my favourites, and the bonus version (slowed down, with sax over the top) is one of the most disturbing sounding songs I have ever listenined to.

Wu Tang Clan:
Enter the Wu-Tang is one of the best rap records ever, and that is pretty much all that needs to be said. Minimal beats, great rhymes and structure, great production, RIP ODB.

thats sig material there matt:p