Slackening a short travel, angle set

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
180cms,.you recon this could work
I owned one of these for a while. I don't have too many cm on you. I can't remember if there were 2 different sizes or just different colours and shock, mine was black. I rode mine as a commuter/skatepark/dirtjump/freeride/dh/skid bike. I found it to be fine, but I have a different idea on what is/isnt comfy for cruising. Perhaps with something like 750-780mm bars and 50-60mm stem and a bit of rise (to help get your weight back and up right) and maybe a set back seat post, you might find it works. You might not and then you'd be stuck with another pain in the arse and a loss of cash.

The bike has a fairly low stand over and as mentioned they are a lot of fun to ride.

herbman

Likes Dirt
Can’t angle set a head tube designed for 1 1/8 forks, unfortunately.
The 1 1/8 works components -1 degree head set on my On One 456 disagrees with this comment.

The works components angle set seem to be one of the better angle sets on the market and mine is over 5 years old and still going strong.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The 1 1/8 works components -1 degree head set on my On One 456 disagrees with this comment.

The works components angle set seem to be one of the better angle sets on the market and mine is over 5 years old and still going strong.
Is it in a 44mm headtube?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
There you go. Only seen them for 1.5” and tapered head tubes.
I still wouldn’t slacken a bike from 69/70 to 65 degrees, but go nuts.

safreek

Just buy another fucked dh frame and piss.your money away on trying make it work...at least then you look hard core.

Also have a look on bile exchange. Yarra Valley are clearing out old kona stock still. They may have something that works for you.

If you want an easy to work with frame shoot the special coke a message and buy his mc battery. It has a "whatever fork you want" 1.5 head tube.
if I was going to consider the kona thing I would go one of these bad boys. Someone once told me " better your sister in a whorehouse than yourself riding a kona"
OT-FM-HKR-A.jpg

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah nah mate, kona’s are shit hot bikes. Heaps better than any cannondale, especially for what you wanna do to it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is a mankini hanging in one of the trees at my local trails.

Edit - mankini not mankind.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Safreek, yes, Konas of the era you keep buying bikes are atrocious. Even till recently, I wouldn’t ride one if given to me, but recent models like the process are awesome, and the new DH bike looks the 100% goods.
But like I said, the ones you’re likely to buy, you shouldn’t.

safreek

Safreek, yes, Konas of the era you keep buying bikes are atrocious. Even till recently, I wouldn’t ride one if given to me, but recent models like the process are awesome, and the new DH bike looks the 100% goods.
But like I said, the ones you’re likely to buy, you shouldn’t.
Yeah, classic single pivot style.bikes.are the go, I assume that astrix is classed as a single pivot, if not pretty close to it.
If no one sells me a prophet or Gemini before Chrissy I will probably buy the huckster now I know.that I can slacken the headset. Problem is that its built for an 8 inch fork, so to slacken it by the couple of degrees through fork heigjt at be out of the question.
If you haven't guessed I want to tale the slackening way past what its built for, for a silly project. Just want to see how it handles. No diff than chopping a Harley really. Is there such a thing as s 10 inch travel fork

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hanebrink big foot. Marzocchi super monster. Stratos something something. Avalanche things what'sit. All came in at 12 inches or so. Good luck finding any.

Marzocchi monster T and triple 8s were tall forks and you can slide the crown up the legs a fair way. You may even find some raising crowns or know someone that can make some for you.

What is your budget for the frame? Or is it an unset ruled by the bike boner powers budget? Because you could always look into chopping off and welding on a new head tube...especially if you found a steel frame.

safreek

Hanebrink big foot. Marzocchi super monster. Stratos something something. Avalanche things what'sit. All came in at 12 inches or so. Good luck finding any.

Marzocchi monster T and triple 8s were tall forks and you can slide the crown up the legs a fair way. You may even find some raising crowns or know someone that can make some for you.

What is your budget for the frame? Or is it an unset ruled by the bike boner powers budget? Because you could always look into chopping off and welding on a new head tube...especially if you found a steel frame.
Frame budget is a max of 400 after Christmas or 200ish before Xmas. I would really dig a prophet or Gemini frame but don't believe them to be worth much more than 200ish or 450ish for a complete one.
No bastard will sell me a.monster t for.the price I can pay, shame as I would actually use it instead of hang the thing on the wall
Collectors shit me unless they use the thing every now and then
Will probably have to buy one in the us of a, at least they don't want silly money. Super monsters would be sweet but my budget does not run into 1000 us plus.
What do you think of the hucksters, you seem like you homer your bikes a fair bit so maybe you may have even riden one.
You were right about how good the coves were, shame car probs made me sell that baby