Snakes

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Saw my first one for the season in the Meehan range yesterday. Heard it in the leaf litter next to the trail, caught sight of the back half and tried to hunt it down to grab a photo for Jayne but it was shy. So dry in Tassie atm they'll be out in big numbers looking foe water
urrrg... I've been jumping at every rustle I hear on the trail side out there for a while already!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Vid of the aftermath of Youies snake incident.

Spoiler: wriggly stick/ nope rope didn't make it.
View attachment 406272
Now, if that was an Eagle Transmission© it would have minced the snake into snake sausages and spat it out the back! :p

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I run a tiger snake over nearly every ride now
You are in Tassie @jrewing ? Its a snake infested island.

Those tigers just lay in the middle of the trail, scaring the shit out of you. We also seen a very lazy White Lipped, curled up and not giving a shit about us at Dove Lake.

On one of our trips we counted 17, though that is riding every day for a month.

I'm seeing more snakes in SA this year than I have spotted in years, nearly every ride a brownie sneaks off in to the undergrowth at some stage.

jrewing

Eats Squid
You are in Tassie @jrewing ? Its a snake infested island.

Those tigers just lay in the middle of the trail, scaring the shit out of you. We also seen a very lazy White Lipped, curled up and not giving a shit about us at Dove Lake.

On one of our trips we counted 17, though that is riding every day for a month.

I'm seeing more snakes in SA this year than I have spotted in years, nearly every ride a brownie sneaks off in to the undergrowth at some stage.
Seeing anymore in human form than usual too? Haha

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Vid of the aftermath of Youies snake incident.

Spoiler: wriggly stick/ nope rope didn't make it.
View attachment 406272
Making bike news now as well.

LPG

likes thicc birds
That bikemag article makes me a bit angry when they talk about "increased heart rate from riding would transport more venom..." not how Australian snakes work. Really the bottom of the barrell frustration considering how many bad assumptions people from that part of the world make and publish but still gets to me.

That's dedication! Get attacked by a snake and stretchered off and still upload your Strava. :p
Hope he kept the movement while being on the stretcher as part of it!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
That bikemag article makes me a bit angry when they talk about "increased heart rate from riding would transport more venom..." not how Australian snakes work. Really the bottom of the barrell frustration considering how many bad assumptions people from that part of the world make and publish but still gets to me.

Hope he kept the movement while being on the stretcher as part of it!
Only if he changed the activity type from "ride" to "stretchered". It would be pretty common for mountain bikers. :p