so emo and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
Ummm, Sex Pistols was a commercial creation of Malcom McLaren and Vivian Westwood if I remember correctly. The punk version of the Monkeys and/or Popstars. All fabricated for record dales.

I don't follow trends, I prefer to go naked.
Which is why I said Sid Vicious/John Lydon. These guys wore what ever they could get their hands on which in many cases was old clothes held together by safety pins. Once they became infamous there was suddenly an army of kids wearing safety pins as some kind of symbol, much like long black fringes.

I agree with you on the no trend - go naked thing but it gets a bit chilly down here in Jindy.

mustard

Likes Dirt
lm now afraid to wear all black now that all this emo business has come about. I get called an emo consistantly even thought lm wearing normal clothes. Maybe its my insecurity or whatever but is sure is hella annoying!!11

That are the classification of being a PUNK these days, its more about the atttiude than the look. BUt lm certain that if you dressed like the ramones you d be ragged on for being a wrist cutter.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dougy said:
Which is why I said Sid Vicious/John Lydon. These guys wore what ever they could get their hands on which in many cases was old clothes held together by safety pins. Once they became infamous there was suddenly an army of kids wearing safety pins as some kind of symbol, much like long black fringes.

I agree with you on the no trend - go naked thing but it gets a bit chilly down here in Jindy.
I was under the impression that it was Vivian Westwood (McLaran's wife) that designed the safety pin-esque clothes for them?

What, no sauna? :confused:

Dougy

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
I was under the impression that it was Vivian Westwood (McLaran's wife) that designed the safety pin-esque clothes for them?

What, no sauna? :confused:
Who knows, maybe, maybe-not but the point I was trying to make was that once something is seen to be "different" it is quickly copied and made uniform. The Pistols were a creation of McLaren but they were the first of something different and spawned and army of uniformly different bands and fans.

No sauna for me, just an oil heater and a beanie.

Tomgos

Likes Bikes
Im so disgustingly over this whole emo fad thing, is it so stupid. People think they are fucking comedians by paying out a certain group of people that they have no idea about. Most of the people they pay out arnt even 'emo' in the first place, they are just wearing a pair of connies, or have black combed over hair.

I knew it was getting out of hand when someone i knew was afraid to wear lime green connies, as she was afraid of being judged and labelled an emo.

I think i have heard the word emo at least 5 times a day this year, and it getting old very, very fast. Im assuming this 'group' of people have been around for a while, and if so why has it been of such a recent concern?

The whole 'bash emo's' thing is possibly the most immature thing i have ever heard, and i am embarrased to be the same species as the people who came up with it. Why would you 'bash' emos? If they are emo's (im sure Australia claims about 3 or 4 real emo's in the world) so what? If people are lame enough to actually want to hurt people for wearing black shirts, black haircuts or whatever an emo is distuinguised by, then i believe they are the ones that need to be taken care of.

Fuck off, no one i know is an emo, i have seem maybe 2 emo's in my lifetime, the other 'emo's' are metro asians, skaters, losers trying to be something they are not, northshore rich pricks trying to have style, people with comb overs, or black hair. Wearing a black shirt is considered emo to some absolute tossers.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dougy said:
Who knows, maybe, maybe-not but the point I was trying to make was that once something is seen to be "different" it is quickly copied and made uniform. The Pistols were a creation of McLaren but they were the first of something different and spawned and army of uniformly different bands and fans.
Agreed, was only about 18 months ago that wearing ug boots and a mullet recieved social scorn. All it took was one entrepreneurial fashionista (trendy bar tender or hair dresser) to sport one and viola! Every fashion victim has them.

Remember kiddies:
Fashion is for those with no style!

Robb

Likes Dirt
Tomgos said:
Im so disgustingly over this whole emo fad thing....

My point is im so over this incredibly lame fad for paying the shit out of emo's.

Getting a bit EMOtional there aren't you? :p

Just jokes :p

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont get why people rag on emo's so much?
So what.. Do they come up to you and have a big bitch about you riding a bike? Dont think so.
Leave them be..And all this talk about them is kinda weird....Do you all really care about them that much?

Dougy

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
Agreed, was only about 18 months ago that wearing ug boots and a mullet recieved social scorn. All it took was one entrepreneurial fashionista (trendy bar tender or hair dresser) to sport one and viola! Every fashion victim has them.

Remember kiddies:
Fashion is for those with no style!
My pet hate is the fauxhawk. First sported by Beckham during the 2002 World Cup and still being dragged about by hip young business types.:eek:

williamsaztek

Likes Bikes
EMO is no different to any other label thats out there. If buisness can make money out of it, they'll they will continue promoting and labeling groups as such. EMO kids are no different to the rest of us, slaves to rampant consumerism.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
beginner_giantDH said:
fair enough! but really, GROW UP IF UR EMO!! as much as ur life may suck and you think that the world is horrible, why would you think that publicising the issue is what everyone needs to know bout. people are far better seeing happy things and how great life is, people get on better in those conditions, and if your still so upset post yourself to a country that could use your help to build shelters and teach and feed starved children instead of staying here and buying ur crap black clothes and spending your money on hair dye when you can send it to people who need it to make the world better!!!

excuse me, but how many 'emos' do you know? how many of them rhapsodise constantly about how much life sucks? do you really think all these 'emos' are simply depressed teenagers? get a life mate.

S.

ex offender
NCR600: That pic is every bit as full of shit as any particular "scene" group. Since when did someone arbitrarily decide what "underground music" was "about"? Isn't that kind of contradictory anyway? If you have to TELL someone to "be yourself" then ahhh catch-22 anyone?

This really reminds me why I am no fan of music scenes in general. Everything has to somehow be right/wrong or us vs them, and it's really lame.

bazza

look at me
pretty sure me and my fringe are better than you all. *hits people with my fringe* *throws ginger beer bottles at the rest*

p.s. i tried saxby ginger beer. dare i say bundaberg does have some competition happening! and you can buy bundaberg in cartons of 10 now. oh man i was so happy. im going to go bezerk of 10 ginger beers. good times i say. good times. coles finally did something right.

oh yer. emo = subculture. thats all there is to it. its different its weird its like the new kid at school with a weird hair cut. easy to pick on because its new. pretty over it.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Icarus said:
And what do Mountain Bikers Wear?
Private school boy uniforms(primary) but instead of grey/blue they wear bright loud ugly pop can type logos cause most of them are tasteless youth with no style or individuality trying to make MTBing a lifestyle. It never will be,snap out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.