So, who can fill me in on the past 10 years?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Or anything that was turbo, RWD/AWD from the 90’s and early 00’s. Of particular note are Skyline GTR’s. They are back at original selling price 25 years on.
You can blame the Americans for that. 10 years ago they couldn't import them easily. Now they grab them like toilet paper during covid. Obviously due to scale, there are more rich buggers there and they pushed the prices up massively.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You can blame the Americans for that. 10 years ago they couldn't import them easily. Now they grab them like toilet paper during covid. Obviously due to scale, there are more rich buggers there and they pushed the prices up massively.
Is that what did it. I still remember eyeing off an R32 VSpec II in mint condition with a pathetic dribble of mileage on it several years ago that was(n't) selling for less than $30k.

Hate to think what it's worth now. Probably the same as the 993 Turbo I don't have either.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
‘Murica has alot to answer for.

Rock solid derailment. In such tumultuous times ol’ plow king can always count on us haha!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Is that what did it. I still remember eyeing off an R32 VSpec II in mint condition with a pathetic dribble of mileage on it several years ago that was(n't) selling for less than $30k.
Yeah years ago you'd see p platers with GTRs binning these things on the streets. Nowadays you only see fresh mint gtrs that are lucky to do 1000kms a year stored safely in garages waiting for payday. Break-ins have also gone upmarket with organised thefts specifically targeting these cars.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yeah years ago you'd see p platers with GTRs binning these things on the streets. Nowadays you only see fresh mint gtrs that are lucky to do 1000kms a year stored safely in garages waiting for payday. Break-ins have also gone upmarket with organised thefts specifically targeting these cars.
Boost? :p

safreek

So, did plow king show up again, or gone like the wind.
If he comes back tell him that 26r is still cool, always will be. And I came into the mtb game after 26 died. Actually it seems like I made it cool.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That coupled with the lack of RWD/AWD performance models being released and the relative prices of the few around. R35 GTR and new Supra are crazy expensive. 370Z is pretty rich too. BRZ/86 aren’t overly powerful. WRX has softened and put on the bulk.
There were so many performance oriented cars back in the 90’s but barely any now. The rarity and lack of alternatives has definitely pumped the prices up.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or anything that was turbo, RWD/AWD from the 90’s and early 00’s. Of particular note are Skyline GTR’s. They are back at original selling price 25 years on.
Edit:
Or they’ve more than doubled in price in some cases

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-Nissan-Skyline-GT-R-R32-Manual-4WD/SSE-AD-6635922
Should have held on to my R33 GTST! When I sold it to some young racer wannabe I told him I didn't want to see it wrapped around a pole on the news!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
So, did plow king show up again, or gone like the wind.
If he comes back tell him that 26r is still cool, always will be. And I came into the mtb game after 26 died. Actually it seems like I made it cool.
If I'm not in the air, 26 can get fucked! Oh also if I try and pedal fast up a hill just for a bit, because it does accelerate very fast, otherwise, GTFO! Oh and really long wheelies up fire trails, but that's it.

Being non cynical and actually comparing, other than being able to throw the thing in the air the other things were such a tiny difference to 27.5 thinking about the wheels only, and things have come so far since the last 26ers on the rest I couldn't go back. It's pure novelty value to me now, which is valuable but not enough to ride one all the time.