So, you want a poll on the new name hey?

Do you like the name Rotorburn.com as a replacement for Farkin.net?

• Total voters

adman

Likes Dirt
I have nothing against changing the name. I think it's great that "rotorburn" wants to move forward, and so they should!

However, rotorburn doesn't really have the same meaning.

scoobydid

Likes Dirt
Personally, I don't give a rats. Probably because I haven't been here as long as some others it doesn't bother me.

As others have said, the name change places it in a better position in the community etc so that has to be a good thing.

The way I see it, the name's different (sure) but the content and community is the same. My worthless 2c anyway.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Still think "rotorburn" as a name sucks the ducks nuts but, meh...
You're sounding like a broken record. I'm pretty sure there is still one or two threads you have posted this in yet.........

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
Are you slow?

"Cop it" is the no vote; as in "You may not like it, but you'll cop it sweet anyway".

No. You're right. Scared. Of all the internet backlash.

Facepalm, facepalm, my kingdom for a facepalm emoticon.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Are you slow?

"Cop it" is the no vote; as in "You may not like it, but you'll cop it sweet anyway".

No. You're right. Scared. Of all the internet backlash.

Facepalm, facepalm, my kingdom for a facepalm emoticon.
Yes lay on the insults, I was hoping that you'd respond a little more maturely than that.

"Cop it" and a "NO" are not one and the same.

Ryan

Radministrator
Yes lay on the insults, I was hoping that you'd respond a little more maturely than that.

"Cop it" and a "NO" are not one and the same.
On Farkin they are.

You really expected maturity from me? That's disappointing in and of itself.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On Farkin they are.

I was half expecting it, but... oh well.
Why did your post count get reset anyway? Scotts didn't, neither did wombats

Ryan

Radministrator
Reset it myself by accident while messing with the admin CP. Don't really care enough about post count to invent a new one.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Heard you were big on the internet forums.

On Farkin they are.

Ban yourself Ryan, do everyone a favour of being exposed to your sad internet power plays.

Anyway Scott, the plan was excellent and the time of execution was perfect, pity that there was some ill advice as to the name change of Aus' premier mtbike website.

Sorry but RB just doesn't reflect what Farkin has become.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...Sorry but RB just doesn't reflect what Farkin has become.
What has this forum become? The word Farkin was cool, different but was used because it was just sitting around already - at least RotorBurn.com has something to do with MTB. And as for those that have suggested shit like AusMTB.com - far out... are your brains roasted because they are boring shit.

...However, rotorburn doesn't really have the same meaning.
Again - the meaning isn't in the name - it's in the content. This forum is a creature, moving with the times. What's your name giantrain07? Would you be any differnent if your new name was Bill? No... People would be like "... oh, Bill is here...", instead of "... oh, giantrain07 is here...".

You're sounding like a broken record. I'm pretty sure there is still one or two threads you have posted this in yet.........
Ha ha - burnt by Scott, the Burninator...

...but after calling it Farkin for 3 and a half years, I won't be able to call it Rotorburn....
OMGZ 3.5 years...Your right, your memory will not be able to adapt...

Rotorburn=fail, i run V-Brakes :(
Just lift someone elses bike into the shuttle, like toodles, then you too can have a rotor burn. Oh - and V-brakes = fail.

The time for whinging is over... bring on the RotorBurn.com t-shirts...

Edit: Sarcastic whinging below... I just had to add this...

If I have to enlighten you Scott on your own website that covers all arenas of Aus MTBiking with membership in the 10's of thousands, well.............Rotorburn was a great choice in name.
Oh and after all this if you still are whinging, here is a ripper post by some ripper in one of the 5 billion other threads on this topic:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Perhaps I'm not aware of what it "has become". Care to enlighten us?
If I have to enlighten you Scott on your own website that covers all arenas of Aus MTBiking with membership in the 10's of thousands, well.............Rotorburn was a great choice in name.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I don't mean to come across as rude, I'm just getting a tired of people insisting that I'm not aware of the gravity of the decision made. Like they know something I don't. Then again I guess quite alot of our members seem to have a much broader understanding of the mesh of complexities that is this website. Especially the ones that have been here less than 12 months.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Sorry but RB just doesn't reflect what Farkin has become.
this... is so true.

Scott.... Jeebuz mate... please rename Rotorburn (pffft, who though that Rotorburn was cool) to Whineylittlebitches.com

that will reflect what farkin has become.....

sheesh

s

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Ryan started a new smart alex thread asking for opinions....

As I've said all along it's your site do what you want.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I don't mean to come across as rude, I'm just getting a tired of people insisting that I'm not aware of the gravity of the decision made.
Give us time. I'm sure you didn't make the decision over a cup of tea. You guys behind the scenes have had a lot of time to chew over and get use to the decision.

I'd be surprised if all the mods were all for it when they first heard either. The decisions been made and we'll all live with it.

In 2.58 weeks time rotorburn will have branded itself in our heads and no one will remember that it use to be called something else