So, you want a poll on the new name hey?

Do you like the name Rotorburn.com as a replacement for Farkin.net?

• Total voters

andrewG

Likes Dirt
I think the reasons for changing the name are valid and very understandable.

But it's just not the same.. I suppose over time we will grow into it, like when you try a new pair of grips that are a different thickness, you learn to live with it.

No Judge

Likes Dirt
But it's just not the same.. I suppose over time we will grow into it, like when you try a new pair of grips that are a different thickness, you learn to live with it.
It's like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you...

aussieidiot

Likes Bikes
Ok I know I'm very new to the site but I found this thread through another site.
I was wondering half way through this thread "what type of forum have I joined?", given all the bickering and immaturity.

I was fooled by the "joke" and was surprised by the replies to members asking "Whats going on?"
It seemed like a big in-joke and certain members belittled those who weren't in on the joke.
As a newbie I was wondering WTF? and couldn't find any genuine answers until now.

I have read the Important Announcement regarding the name change and it all seems fair to me.
I like the name Farkin and it will always be Farkin to quite a few including myself, but I understand the name change and the direction of the forum.

I do however see one thing is clear. Even though the name change has divided the members, the members still show a passion for the sport and the site , regardless of the name.
I'm on this site to learn all I can about the sport. I'm sure other members are here for the same reason. If its just going to turn into Whinylittlebitches.com then who will bother to log in?

dezza1994

Likes Dirt
I said 'Cop It' but I don't hate it.

I like the actual logo and typeface much better, along with the color scheme. Would just like to see the rest of the Forums in the same colour scheme.
I ditto exactly what this guy said!!

104 each now.. 50/50

Sam.

Eats Squid
I vote that with the new name, we abolish the post count meter. That ought to stop some of the post whoring that goes on=] (Or makes me look like less of a post whore=P)

not all that fond of rotorburn, but for lack of a better suggestion...
farkin wasnt all that either, guess i was just used to it.
really dont mind the lack of consultation. you run the site, call it what you like.

Last edited:

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Late in the 4th day of open polling and it's still neck in neck. 50/50 to be precise...

The question still remains, 'YES' or 'COP IT'

ozmetaldrummer

Likes Bikes
mmm

my vote just mad it 50/50!
Rotorburn is a no go. I agree with a change although "Rotorbuuuurn" is not the best choice in my opinion.