Sola Sport ?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Just to play devils advocate, has anyone here had good service from them?
Going back about three or four years, when the first batch of CTD forks came out, yes. The early batch were basically shit, and had a very common tendency to blow a seal & dump all the oil out of the damper & into the bottom of the lower (we had one go before the bike had even left the shop!). Fox USA (there is no Fox Australia, that's what Sola are for, for better or worse) sent new FIT dampers out pretty promptly once advised of a dud fork in the workshop.

Z

Zaf

I had a good experience with them with my Fox Float X. It cavitated and needed a rebuild, the guys from RowneySports got me an RA, sent it directly to them, was back a week later. This was in 2015 though and it certainly sounds like things have gone downhill since then.

Camber

Cannon Fodder
I'm 6 weeks and counting waiting for them to get my shock back from a warranty service. It's been a week away 6 times.

My recent experience with Sola Sport: My Fox X2 shock blew a seal. Bought online out of the UK 6 months ago. Sent it to Sola through my LBS and it was back in 3 days, repaired, no charge.

Couldn't believe how quick they were, especially given the previous issues they have had. (I nearly shipped it back to the supplier to be repaired in the UK, given Sola's reputation - glad I didn't!).

mshagg

Likes Bikes
3 weeks today since i sent off for a warranty rebuild on a 3 month old Fox Transfer post. Best case scenario if it goes in the mail today will push it out to almost a month, but even that's optimistic.

Do the right thing and buy locally hey. Yeah right.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
My recent experience with Sola Sport: My Fox X2 shock blew a seal. Bought online out of the UK 6 months ago. Sent it to Sola through my LBS and it was back in 3 days, repaired, no charge.

Couldn't believe how quick they were, especially given the previous issues they have had. (I nearly shipped it back to the supplier to be repaired in the UK, given Sola's reputation - glad I didn't!).
Or was it one of the recalled x2 units you had purchased? Sounds too good to be true!

evad

Likes Bikes
Just got off the phone with SOLA.
My wife's bike (Christmas present) has a 34 performance with new fit 4 damper and the rebound adjust has seized after a couple rides, the bike is basically brand new, not a scratch. From googling it seems a common problem with the indent ball.
Shop I bought it from has closed, it's a Liv so called a Giant dealer who want $150 to send it off, fair enough I didn't buy it from them and no one wants to work for free but it's a new bike!
Called Giant in Melbourne but they didn't want to know about it stating it's a Fox issue.
Called SOLA and explained situation said I'm happy to take out the 5 bolts and remove the fork, they had a bike shop call me back 2 minutes later who will handle it for me I just need to drop it off with proof of purchase.
So far so good, will report back soon.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Had the same issue on a second hand fork with a FIT4 which was 12 months old. Original owner was happy to try and warrant it but I just sent it away for a full service and repair the rebound. Cost about $150 with a service.

Looking at chasing down another second hand FIT4 damper fork and will definitely be testing the rebound before buying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Called Giant in Melbourne but they didn't want to know about it stating it's a Fox issue.
I'm pretty sure your local consumer rights organisation will agree that it's a Giant issue.

Regardless, I would suggest that Australian Consumer Law means that if you can't get remedy from the retailer that the distributor / manufacturer is obliged to provide it to you in one form or another. EG if the fix by Sola ends up costing you any money, you can claim it from Giant Australia:

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/c...fund#approaching-the-retailer-or-manufacturer

evad

Likes Bikes
I'm pretty sure your local consumer rights organisation will agree that it's a Giant issue.

Regardless, I would suggest that Australian Consumer Law means that if you can't get remedy from the retailer that the distributor / manufacturer is obliged to provide it to you in one form or another. EG if the fix by Sola ends up costing you any money, you can claim it from Giant Australia:

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/c...fund#approaching-the-retailer-or-manufacturer

I had an oh crap moment yesterday when we decided to go for a ride with the kids and I thought I could just speed up the rebound with a little more pressure... snap should have just left it.

evad

Likes Bikes
My wife's bike (Christmas present) has a 34 performance with new fit 4 damper and the rebound adjust has seized after a couple rides, the bike is basically brand new, not a scratch. From googling it seems a common problem with the indent ball.
Shop I bought it from has closed, it's a Liv so called a Giant dealer who want $150 to send it off, fair enough I didn't buy it from them and no one wants to work for free but it's a new bike!
Called SOLA and explained situation said I'm happy to take out the 5 bolts and remove the fork, they had a bike shop call me back 2 minutes later who will handle it for me I just need to drop it off with proof of purchase.
So far so good, will report back soon.
Got my fork back off SOLA, I had to dropped it at their city retail bike shop with proof of purchase. Chased them up once a few days later to make sure they had received it. Exactly 2 weeks later I got a call it was back and ready for pickup, looks good, no charge (even though I twisted the knob clean off trying to free it up), quick turnaround. Was pretty pissed about the new fork stuffing up but can’t complain about SOLA SPORTS service. A+

evad

Likes Bikes
Got my fork back off SOLA, I had to dropped it at their city retail bike shop with proof of purchase. Chased them up once a few days later to make sure they had received it. Exactly 2 weeks later I got a call it was back and ready for pickup, looks good, no charge (even though I twisted the knob clean off trying to free it up), quick turnaround. Was pretty pissed about the new fork stuffing up but can’t complain about SOLA SPORTS service. A+
First ride, get home, unloading the bike from the rack and oil everywhere!
Fark!!! Already wasted a full day running round removing, delivering, pickup and install. Not happy.

Attachments

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now, I realise it's prob too soon and one day you'll look back and laugh, but that is pretty funny.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On a serious note, is anyone having a good time with Australia's servicing and supply?
Yes. I have received excellent service from crc and torpedo7 recently even though I am in Australia and they are overseas. Further to this they were both happy to supply me as well. The bonus? Their prices were sharp!

dom470

Squid
Creaking steerer on a brand new set of 36's. Said they had the part and send it in for warranty .
They didn't have the part .Then the " it'll be here next week" bullshit started.
8 weeks with no bike .Back on the bike for 2 weeks and something is wrong with them.
Tried emailing Fox US and got no reply .
Second time I've delt with them . First was no better .
I'm done with Fox .

Last edited: