Star Wars, the Force Awakens

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's Vader's light sabre, it was never a blue crystal even if it was the one that got lost at Cloud City. I'm telling you, it holds a big piece of the future movie puzzle that mofo.

As for Jar Jar: ..................maybe YOU are Jar Jar Binks! :mmph:
Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't allow it...

mms_img-1699735696.jpg

Anakin Skywalker had a blue lightsaber, Obi Wan gave it to Luke...when Luke built his own it was green. In the film Fisheyes said it was Anakin and Luke's lightsaber. Not Vader's. But I do suspect they will make out she ties in. Seriously of you're the dark lord of the sith are you going to be slamming box all over the galaxy? Vader must have hundreds of bastard children!

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
Well, I decided today that I am revealing my big call to the world:

It's the best movie in the Star Wars galaxy. Yep, big call but I loved it that much that I'm putting it up there. Empire Strikes back is a close second but The Force Awakens is amazing.........
Not going to argue against but it needs to be watched a hundred times before I finalise where it sits.

-Rey. We're being baited to believe she's got to be a descendant of a Skywalker. Could she be Luke's kid? She still seems to have a link to Leia to me and that embrace was fairly important. However, neither or Leia or Han referring to a daughter in the movie sparked any incentive to believe it so the link to Luke may be the thing we're chasing.
I agree we are being baited that she is probably a Skywalker. I don't think she is Han/Leia's kid - if she is Han should have been a poker player rather than smuggler. I thought for a little while that maybe Leia had her after Han went off around the galaxy but she is too close in age to Kylo for that I think. Then i thought could she be Kylo's twin? Twins are strong in my family, especially ones that mum hides from dad &/or uncle? I lean towards Luke being the father. I think she looks like Keira Knightly, maybe not an accident - after all was granny Skywalker's decoy in the Phantom of a Star Wars Movie?

-The light saber Rey found / was called to: When it was activated, the crystal was blue. That shcoked me as the last time we saw it, it was a red crystal in the hands of Darth Vader. The Force Awakens is set thirty years after Return of the Jedi so we're going to need some background there and I reckon we'll get it when Luke opens his trap in episode 8 or C3PO tells a story to the Ewoks around the camp fire.
Anakin/Luke's lightsaber was a lightsaber constructed by Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars, and that was later passed down to his son, Luke Skywalker, during the Galactic Civil War. Anakin used this lightsaber throughout the Clone Wars, and he briefly continued to use it after falling to the dark side of the Force and becoming Darth Vader, a Dark Lord of the Sith. He lost the lightsaber during a lightsaber duel against Obi-Wan Kenobi, who kept it in his possession while in exile on Tatooine.

During the Galactic Civil War, Kenobi passed it on to Luke, who used it for three years before losing it in a duel against his father.[1] The lightsaber eventually found its way into the hands of Maz Kanata, who later gave it on to Finn after a failed attempt to get Rey to take it.[6]

Anakin Skywalker had a blue lightsaber, Obi Wan gave it to Luke...when Luke built his own it was green. In the film Fisheyes said it was Anakin and Luke's lightsaber. Not Vader's. But I do suspect they will make out she ties in. Seriously of you're the dark lord of the sith are you going to be slamming box all over the galaxy? Vader must have hundreds of bastard children!
She would have to be Vader's grand daughter, now if you're the Jedi that took down the dark lord and freed the galaxy your not going to be putting your lightsaber away anytime soon. Maybe Luke is just a deadbeat dad that went into hiding cause he couldn't afford the child support payments?

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While I did like it, a lot, I did have some issues with it... since we're up to spoilers anyway...

how in the whole galaxy, aftert the republic had been around for a bazillion years along with hyperdrive etc... can they not have a map of the galaxy "previosuly unmaped star sytem"?

you have a star destroyer, assuming with a full complement of baddies on board, you discover what you seek is with a robot down on the desert planet (of course, deja vu) and you say, "its with a robot down on the planet", but then you don't do anything, then later..."we should go get it, cause you know it's our mission..." so eventually some guys and a couple of ties turn up only for spaceship chase, but your guys in the tie's don't go, hey they trying to escape, or maybe they do, but you then do nothing, don't move big old destroyer in to intercept or send out some more ties, no just have a hissy when they escape...
meanwile, escaped other dude somehow calls for backup/rescue which somehow turns up and rescues him all the while there is a star destroyer sitting in orbit being dick all useless.

Now you have the baddies, who have taken over what appears to be part, but not all of the old empire apparently. But the old empire, run by the emperor, with infinate resourses, still built the death star in secret, these guys, led by Rimmer from red dwarf, whipped up some huge mega weapon without a care in the world... yet they still put some incredibly dumb weakness point on the surface where someone can blow it up

Also why, when he finds out they have said map, would Han take people to the woodland franchise of the canteena bar, intead of straight to Leia, or at least a rebel outpost, you'd think he'd know at least a few old rebels around, you know being a previous general and stuff. Or at least just make a call...as everyone else, bad guys, everyone in the bar seem to have instaneous communications gear

anyway /rant

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While I did like it, a lot, I did have some issues with it... since we're up to spoilers anyway...

how in the whole galaxy, aftert the republic had been around for a bazillion years along with hyperdrive etc... can they not have a map of the galaxy "previosuly unmaped star sytem"?

you have a star destroyer, assuming with a full complement of baddies on board, you discover what you seek is with a robot down on the desert planet (of course, deja vu) and you say, "its with a robot down on the planet", but then you don't do anything, then later..."we should go get it, cause you know it's our mission..." so eventually some guys and a couple of ties turn up only for spaceship chase, but your guys in the tie's don't go, hey they trying to escape, or maybe they do, but you then do nothing, don't move big old destroyer in to intercept or send out some more ties, no just have a hissy when they escape...
meanwile, escaped other dude somehow calls for backup/rescue which somehow turns up and rescues him all the while there is a star destroyer sitting in orbit being dick all useless.

Now you have the baddies, who have taken over what appears to be part, but not all of the old empire apparently. But the old empire, run by the emperor, with infinate resourses, still built the death star in secret, these guys, led by Rimmer from red dwarf, whipped up some huge mega weapon without a care in the world... yet they still put some incredibly dumb weakness point on the surface where someone can blow it up

Also why, when he finds out they have said map, would Han take people to the woodland franchise of the canteena bar, intead of straight to Leia, or at least a rebel outpost, you'd think he'd know at least a few old rebels around, you know being a previous general and stuff. Or at least just make a call...as everyone else, bad guys, everyone in the bar seem to have instaneous communications gear

anyway /rant
Rimmer! I love it. Fucking ranger...

Han was obviously trying to avoid being tracked.

The bad guys were really useless. I'm guessing because they were all 12. Nobody with age, maturity, common sense...Surely Solo and the pirates generated a lot of radar type activity?

hakka

Likes Dirt
It's Vader's light sabre, it was never a blue crystal even if it was the one that got lost at Cloud City. I'm telling you, it holds a big piece of the future movie puzzle that mofo.

As for Jar Jar: ..................maybe YOU are Jar Jar Binks! :mmph:
That was the blue sabre obiwan took from anakin/vader at the end of 3 after he fucked him up. It was given to luke in 4. He lost it and built a green one.

Vader's red one the he built between 3 and 4 is similar but there are more black parts around the end of the hilt where the blade comes out and the switch is different.

I made replicas of these 2 sabres for my nephews a few years ago.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You're right guys, that is Luke's light saber!
I pushed a guy over last night who said Star Wars is shit and only nerds like it. I told him nerds get jobs and enjoy cool stuff unlike him in his jet pilot t shirt leeching drinks of his deadshit mates. There's so many people bagging Star Wars that haven't got an interest in it! Seriously, fuck up.

MARKL

Eats Squid
The old dude on Jakku that had the map to Luke. Maybe Luke entrusted the map to him and maybe he was keeping an eye on Rey, Obi Wan style, at Luke's request? This may also explain why Kylo Ren had a strong reaction to 'the girl', he may have known or suspected she was Luke's kid?

I feel like i am about 10 years old wondering if Han will make it out alive from the carbonite

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The old dude on Jakku that had the map to Luke. Maybe Luke entrusted the map to him and maybe he was keeping an eye on Rey, Obi Wan style, at Luke's request? This may also explain why Kylo Ren had a strong reaction to 'the girl', he may have known or suspected she was Luke's kid?

I feel like i am about 10 years old wondering if Han will make it out alive from the carbonite
I think he is gone...but it is just a hunch.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The Atmos audio mix is very good, nfi why people have criticised it. Not quite as good as Gravity but not a stinker.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I think he is gone...but it is just a hunch.
Yeah, Kylo handed him his resignation but it's not unheard of for an old dude, living on a desert planet, that Leia was trying to get in contact with may lead to another member of the family...

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just reflecting a little...surely I'm not the only person that went in having heard that Chewbacca didn't make it to the credits? I had heard blown up attempting to get to the Falcon in some kind of laser beam battle royal. I was dismissive of the rumour, but...this shit sticks in your brain all the same. I had avoided almost all hype in the lead up to seeing the film, except that. As I stood at the theatre doors on the 17th waiting to enter, the next theatre across was somewhere in the middle of the film. Explosions, spaceship noises, Han yelling, Chewie yelling, more noises...shit! This rumour might be true!!! So I took a few steps away from the queue and down the stairs. I figured risking my seat of choice (3rd in line, non-reserved seats) was less important than hearing the film. This seems to have been a wide spread issue as everybody waiting started talking awkwardly loud! I was even allowed back to my spot in the queue.

Anyway as the film progressed, each time Chewie was near danger I couldn't help but wonder...then as he and Han were placing explosives and they split up I thought "fuck me, this is such a lame cliched way to kill of such an important character..." little did I know how wrong and how right I was. Even more cliched than I thought.