Star Wars, the Force Awakens

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If Rey is a bastard love child she'd need to be Leia's as Han has no force skills in his blood at all but then Leia's a pretty big deal in the republic / resistance and a pregnancy and subsequent abandonment wouldn't go unnoticed. There's also no reason for her to give up the kid either. Makes no sense.

My guess is that ghost Ben Kenobi has been spending the afterlife Bill Cosby-ing chicks' drinks before slipping them a bit of 'immaculate conception' with his phantom willy and Rey is the end result...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Only the purity of the force could make something so beautiful..? She is Luke and Snoke's adopted son! Wait for the twist.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just think that if she does turn out to be a skywalker family member, then thats just pretty dull...there's got to be other people out there that have some force going on. Could be the child of some other non-dead jedi, or just some random occurance of the force.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
If Rey is a bastard love child she'd need to be Leia's as Han has no force skills in his blood at all ..
I always thought his uncanny flying skills, sharp shooting and ability to talk himself out of nearly any thing was hinting at latent force talents.

I'm mixed on hoping Luke has turned to the dark side and hoping he continues to have no lines

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I always thought his uncanny flying skills, sharp shooting and ability to talk himself out of nearly any thing was hinting at latent force talents.

I'm mixed on hoping Luke has turned to the dark side and hoping he continues to have no lines
I'm hoping he goes fuck it, turns to the dark side and delivers all his lines in the style of his 'Joker' from the Batman games/'toons

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Rey will have turned out to have been abandoned by the universe's 'Father of the Year': Starlord's dad from Guardians of the Galxy. He's already got pretty good form in the absentee father stakes, his son (try's new brother) has hidden powers too, and this would be a wet dream for Disney who will have managed to unite the two most lucrative movie franchises in existence into a shared universe where they rule Hollywood like it was the salad days of the Galacic Empire!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You guys are all blind from thinking about princess Leia too often...Rey is obviously the child of general zod and ursa. They are back from the phantom zone!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
So presumably there is a Star Wars - Zoolander connection somewhere. Because I swear Luke in that last scene was doing Blue Steel.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Finally, I get to read and post in this thread now.

yay.... :ranger:
And? If that is the best thing (for you) about the film...ouch JJ.

I've been enjoying a bit of you tube channel "hello Greedo". I find he has a not so nerdy approach to nerdy stuff.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I liked it but it's all already been said in this thread.

- Obvious this was Han's last movie
- Same essential story line as New Hope (I'm also getting a little tired of the Death Star story line. They even acted as if they were just going through the motions in one scene "They have a bigger death starr this time. I know a weakness, but we have to get the shields down. I'll do it, don't worry about the details. Ok, let's go!")
- Who the fuck is Slork/Snope/Dope, or whatever his name is?
- Hitler with a British accent wasn't menacing
- Phasma was a let down, she needs to come back and do more otherwise she was just silly
- little bit try-hard to create a new "bar scene"

But compared to how much I enjoyed it those issues above didn't matter too much. Visually it was sensational, I liked a lot of the characters, the flying scenes were nuts, etc. etc. I reckon they could have tacked another 30 mins on to the film and filled a few bits out some but I guess the little kids have got limited attention spans that have to be catered for.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ on the little kiddies thing...I know a few youngsters who were stinging for star wars, but then it came with an m rating. This is something that has shat me for years, being the megamarketing at kids of a film that isn't suitable. And I don't even have kids.

Phasma shits me...one part of that is her (seemingly) important position and closeness to the leaders of the evil galactic order. But she injustice a captain...makes no sense to me.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
^ on the little kiddies thing...I know a few youngsters who were stinging for star wars, but then it came with an m rating. This is something that has shat me for years, being the megamarketing at kids of a film that isn't suitable. And I don't even have kids.

Phasma shits me...one part of that is her (seemingly) important position and closeness to the leaders of the evil galactic order. But she injustice a captain...makes no sense to me.
I'm pretty happy it was M, no need for MA but whenever something is PG it just doesn't cut it for me.

Deathgrip

Likes Bikes
Saw it today on the big screen. It was okay, nothing special. Entertaining, which is more than I can say about most movies. Really did not like Kylo removing his helmet, he went from imposing character to whiny twenty year old emo. It was really just a remake of the other Star Wars, which is fine, just a bit boring.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
I had the same thoughts as a few already have mentioned.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. It was fun and it moved at a good pace so it was entertaining.

BUT...

1. Kylo Ren looked like an emo kid
Seriously, when he took the helmet off I was I felt myself sink in my seat with disappointment. Like... wtf?

2. Kylo Ren is supposed to me a fairly powerful dude in terms of the force. But be behaves like a angry spoilt brat. This doesn't sit well with me as controlling the force is having control of ones self.
Everyone who is able to control the force, is controlled themselves. You look at Darth Maul, Vader, the Sith Lord dude... all super composed. The sames goes for all the Jedi.
Yet this muppet runs around wrecking shit with his lightsaber and is clearly not in control of himself.

3. Han Solo. Is the story was just about Han Solo the movie would be called "Star Wars: Han awakens in adult diapers"
He genuinely seemed like he had dementia or something in the movie
Everything seemed to be a new experience for him. In the Falcon he seemed lost, when he gabbed chewies weapon he seemed surprised and how powerful it was. DUDE! You've been with Chewy for like 30 fuckin years. You've seen that weapon fire before

And finally. The story was basically Empire Strikes back again.

Turns out two main characters are related > family reunion in a high place > someone gets cut with a light saber and falls down a long way > big round thing gets blown up from the inside.

If I had never seen the previous movies, I would have enjoyed it more.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my take on the Kylo ren guy (not saying he's the best character, far from it). SWO he is possibly powerfull n the force (maybe very, maybe average powerful). But he has lots of issues, his grandad was the most powerful, best Jedi, who is also the worst msot evil Jedi, and he's being trained in the Jedi buy his uncle, who didn't xcactly have the most thorough training ever himself. So he's got issues and can't handle it so this Snook guy gets a hook in who is generally bad, maybe has the force/sith going on, yeah yeah, your a powerful force guy, here have a bunch of power, a ship and army, go be in charge, which of course he can't handle as he's a mess and he's trying so hard to be a badass, it'll send him over the deep end and Snooks will have his pet completely.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm pretty happy it was M, no need for MA but whenever something is PG it just doesn't cut it for me.
I was fine with it, didn't even really think it warranted the m rating. Except maybe Han's death. I just don't like flogging it to kids so hard. Or cotton wool parents whining about it.

my take on the Kylo ren guy (not saying he's the best character, far from it). SWO he is possibly powerfull n the force (maybe very, maybe average powerful). But he has lots of issues, his grandad was the most powerful, best Jedi, who is also the worst msot evil Jedi, and he's being trained in the Jedi buy his uncle, who didn't xcactly have the most thorough training ever himself. So he's got issues and can't handle it so this Snook guy gets a hook in who is generally bad, maybe has the force/sith going on, yeah yeah, your a powerful force guy, here have a bunch of power, a ship and army, go be in charge, which of course he can't handle as he's a mess and he's trying so hard to be a badass, it'll send him over the deep end and Snooks will have his pet completely.
I saw a fan theory that Snorkel was future Kylo...