Startling moments on the trails

LPG

likes thicc birds
Don't you mean a horny brown snake? I doubt the turf interested him that much.
Have you ever been able to pull the moves while mountainbikers ride by bouncing over rocks? Then again it does happen I guess; that wasn't you was it?

A pale white arse bouncing up and down in the back seat of a car. As I got closer I discovered why the arse was bouncing up and down. Oh and did I mention he advised in a loud voice that it would all be over soon.

And I am very sure they didn't even notice me pass by.

CBG.

Just recently was riding a bit of new switchback trail put in, there was a couple walking on the fire road just down the slope a little and she steps out in front of him quick like and reefs her top up. He was happy, I was impressed too. Gave her a yell out to say thanks. She squealed
He laughed like a madman. Bright green bike and loud buzzy freehub was obviously not loud enough.
I ride there often if she's reading this?
Another time a guy came up behind me while I was plodding home with the MP3 player on, he got up behind me and gave me a pat on the ass. Near shat in his hand. Scared the bejesus out of me.
Had a smallish roo jump out of the bush into the fire road up ahead of me, safe distance and fairly going in the same direction, all was good until the much larger male came out just right in front of me. He was close. And big
Plenty of blue tongue lizard encounters. Stick looking suckers they are. Haven't run one over yet luckily.
Kangaroos on night rides, just hear them bouncing around in the bush and just waiting for them to burst out into the light. Been lucky

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Letting off the brakes on some steep, loose, wet off camber trails, get up to pace and then brake for the corner. Really loud crack sound and no rear brake, lots of loud grinding noises and straight off the bike. All but one rotor bolt had fallen out and when I've grabbed the brake, it's held onto the disc, sheared off the rotor bolt and the disc is now grinding down the hub. Not too much fun.

Bf5CPGECcAA9Ojq.jpg

stirk

Burner
Letting off the brakes on some steep, loose, wet off camber trails, get up to pace and then brake for the corner. Really loud crack sound and no rear brake, lots of loud grinding noises and straight off the bike. All but one rotor bolt had fallen out and when I've grabbed the brake, it's held onto the disc, sheared off the rotor bolt and the disc is now grinding down the hub. Not too much fun.
Shouldn't this be a confession for not tightening the rotor bolts properly in the first place!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you ever been able to pull the moves while mountainbikers ride by bouncing over rocks? Then again it does happen I guess; that wasn't you was it?
I'm not too shy, but the ladies seem to be! I'd say this wasnt me though as the perpetrator had long enough to say he was nearly there!

Well, maybe. But I was pretty startled.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Waterproof panties on?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Somehow you guys are the wierdos in these situations.
If you are busted by someone doing 'something', and you stop, you are the weirdo.

but...

if you are busted by someone doing 'something' and you don't stop, they are the weirdo for watching.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The classic ManBearPigGoatWolf. The mystical creature.
That's him! Looks like a yowie made babies with a small woman.

If you are busted by someone doing 'something', and you stop, you are the weirdo.

but...

if you are busted by someone doing 'something' and you don't stop, they are the weirdo for watching.
Look I was checking a text message, not taking a photo.

cammas

Seamstress
Another time a guy came up behind me while I was plodding home with the MP3 player on, he got up behind me and gave me a pat on the ass. Near shat in his hand. Scared the bejesus out of me.
Had this happen to me as well during a race, some guy was passing me patted me on the arse and said something; scared the absolute crap out me so much so,I actually don't know what he said.

Have had a few snake moments as well usually when stopping to answer the call of nature, one time I stopped and my inner child came out and said "your gonna piss in that stump" so walked over to the stump pulled it out and looked down there was a brown snake curled up in the stump,I guess it didn't like the view. He reared up, I tucked it in, jumped my bike and pedalled like fuck for the next 2k's didn't really need to go after that but my chamois sure was brown.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Had a 10 point deer bound across the road on a misty night ride last year - some wee came out.

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Early morning downhill run on our Nationals Downhill track a couple of years ago - in a season we had a lot of Golden Orb spiders out. Halfway down there's a hand span sized Orb at eye level - about a metre in front of me in the middle of the run. I've laid out and off the back of the bike...on my arse and back and slid under the web...bike kept going about another 5 metres... snakes don't worry me, but a spider in the face...in a full face helmet...no thanks...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Best one I can remember was when a trail walker lost their dog and asked us if we had seen it.

I was riding with a mate and his wife at the time when we decided to swing by an old quarry, just as we get to the top of the quarry we spot this dog at the bottom. Mate starts to head down to the waters edge to grab this dog but I see something peculiar and stop him. Mate and his wife ask what the problem is and I say two people are hiding strangely in the water but before I knew it, two young girls run out covering their crutch and breasts lunging for their clothes. I burst out laughing but the mate's wife was not impressed.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
Roos, Roos everywhere.

i ride at stromlo after work occasionally, and jesus there are a lot of Roos and every once in a while they will bounce along with you and i always have in the back of my mind that its going to try and cut me off.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had a 10 point deer bound across the road on a misty night ride last year - some wee came out.

Sent from two tin cans joined by string
That is a big dear. You really should've been packing heat just in case you needed to defend yourself and provide some delicious venison to a village! I love venison.

Roos, Roos everywhere.

i ride at stromlo after work occasionally, and jesus there are a lot of Roos and every once in a while they will bounce along with you and i always have in the back of my mind that its going to try and cut me off.
He may try and box you!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Couple of weeks ago was riding a warm up loop and on the fastest part (of course). Briefly register a gigantic wasp shaped flying object that turned out to be a wasp a second or so before I collected it with my face and it disappeared into my helmet. Cue mild panic as I feel it scrabbling around next to my temple while I try to shed speed and undo my helmet at the same time. I think it tried to burrow or dig into my head as I felt some fairly severe discomfort but thank f*** it didn't upgrade to stinging before I got my helmet off. It flew off to terrorize something else after that.

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
Startling moment was today when I found someone had nicely cut some new tracks where I ride! There's a section of Canberra's Centenary Trail that's 5 mins from my house. Today I found a crew had cut a heap of new berms and lines on some singletrack sections. Needs some rain to bed down but it was a hellva nice sight as the previous track was rutted to shit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Startling moment was today when I found someone had nicely cut some new tracks where I ride! There's a section of Canberra's Centenary Trail that's 5 mins from my house. Today I found a crew had cut a heap of new berms and lines on some singletrack sections. Needs some rain to bed down but it was a hellva nice sight as the previous track was rutted to shit.
Ooooh...a good surprise!