Steve's Whistler Nipple Cam Thread - newest vid 14/10/09, Duff to No Duff

S.

ex offender
That looks like Schlayer Steveo! Keep them coming. These are sick.
What cam are you using?
Yerp, sorry, got mixed up between the O-sin one and the Schleyer vid. Using a GoPro Hero Wide with the chest mount. New one of Goats Gully up, see post #1.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for sharing these with us Steve. Much appreciated man.

You guys are gonna be untouchable in the upcoming vic series !

S.

ex offender
Thanks for sharing these with us Steve. Much appreciated man.

You guys are gonna be untouchable in the upcoming vic series !
Sure are, when they start putting in 15 minute, steep as fuck, wet, rooty tracks with lots of woodwork and 15ft high rock rollers in the VSS :p

Seriously some of the stuff here I'm kind of surprised they actually let people ride down... it's rideable but only just!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I like how there were stretches where Cesar just gased.

I'm really liking that chest mount ... just gives a great sense of speed and action.

Finally ... I want me some of that Goat :cool:

ademb

Likes Dirt
man dirt merchant through to lower a line, that was an awesome run, u were flying through there then u came into that tight singletrack through the trees for a bit around the last 3rd of the vid. Damn u had me dodging those trees haha!

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
I asked on RM too...

Did you have a bounce on Cesars bike, if so, what did you think?

Ivan

Eats Squid
S. it's pretty clear from those vids you've got the rebound set a little too fast on your forks. Find someone who knows about suspension to give you a hand setting them up.

I'm just sooo fucking jealous right now it's eating me up.

DeBloot

Feeling old
Phew. That chest mount leaves helmet cam for dead.
I was right with you on the edge of my office chair :eek:
First class stuff. 5/5

S.

ex offender
I asked on RM too...

Did you have a bounce on Cesars bike, if so, what did you think?
Yeah I did. I learned that Formula The Ones are surprisingly strong when you forget that Europeans run their brakes backwards, and that the head angle is slack as hell - he said it was 61 degrees. Other than that, no useful information for you :)

Xplor

Likes Dirt
What do you do there? Do you help maintain tracks? Or just ride around and help people, give guidence etc? Sounds like the life to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

S.

ex offender
What do you do there? Do you help maintain tracks? Or just ride around and help people, give guidence etc? Sounds like the life to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
haha nah, I just work in a shop in the village. They do have full time trail maintenance crews and bike patrollers/guides though, if you can get one of those jobs you're pretty set!

Got some more footage today, will upload tonight, including the World's Most Gnarcore Pro-Only Trail Ever*, D1.

*Disclaimer: may not actually be as gnarcore as I have made it out to be, but it does have a sign saying "pro only" or something at the start.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
S. are you riding pretty much at normal pace with the vid gear on ?? or are you holding back a little ?

Man that straight section on original sin was hectic :cool: ... was there a guy in red on the side near the end or was that a "3 men and a baby" type of moment.

S.

ex offender
S. are you riding pretty much at normal pace with the vid gear on ?? or are you holding back a little ?

Man that straight section on original sin was hectic :cool: ... was there a guy in red on the side near the end or was that a "3 men and a baby" type of moment.
Pretty much full pace (well not really pedalling hard or anything, I'm too lazy and unfit for that), except for the Goats Gully vid, cos I don't know the track very well and I rarely ride it.

That fast straight part of Original Sin gets pretty scary if you ride it completely brakeless, you start shaking so violently you can't really see properly. There's another bit just after the hike-a-bike where if you hit it brakeless you end up repeatedly airing into really hard G-outs at maybe 50km/h. Not sure where in the video you mean, but yeah there was a guy on the right hand side towards the end, in that slow roller section.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
man you made D1 look like a peice of piss.
i think everyone is scared of it just cause of the enterance!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
man you made D1 look like a peice of piss.
i think everyone is scared of it just cause of the enterance!
Agreed. Goats Gully looks harder than D1. But then again...I haven't ridden either.

Steve.....MORE PLEASE!:D:):D And is that a Sunday you are riding?:eek:

Some Duff - No Duff? Crapple Hits? In Deep? And how about the full Garbonzo for this year? And sone Freighttrain to Dirt Merchant? A touch of Ninja Cougar and sprinkle it with some Whistler Downhill.
And lastly the Canadian Open course. Is that new for this year?

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
Agreed. Goats Gully looks harder than D1. But then again...I haven't ridden either.

Steve.....MORE PLEASE!:D:):D And is that a Sunday you are riding?:eek:

Some Duff - No Duff? Crapple Hits? In Deep? And how about the full Garbonzo for this year? And sone Freighttrain to Dirt Merchant? A touch of Ninja Cougar and sprinkle it with some Whistler Downhill.
And lastly the Canadian Open course. Is that new for this year?
Goats Gully is way harder than D1. There's only one difficult part of D1 and that's the hip to step-up, but if you can jump the hip fine you'll make the step up fine too. Goats Gully is easy for about 100m, then just makes you wonder if you're drunk or something, you get bounced and shunted all over the place. Pretty hard going in the wet. And yeah I'm on a Sunday now.

Got all of Duffman recorded, same with Crabapple Hits, In Deep, the whole Garbanzo racecourse, piecemeal, with the exception of Monkey Hands because it's closed (though if you want to see the Garby course done properly by someone who isn't a hack, check out http://freecaster.tv/mtb/1009012/crankworx-09-garbanzo-dh-marc-beaumont-helmet-cam). Got most or all of Freight Train on there, same with No Joke, Ninja Cougar has already been uploaded (search the forums), Whistler DH I never ride because the top half is terrible and half of the bottom half is pretty crappy too, the Canadian Open track scares the fuck out of me and is also closed unless you can gap the rope to get onto it (entirely possible I'm told, haven't done it myself) and I've also only done one run of it so no footage yet.

Just gotta edit and upload those vids... takes time, especially when you have very limited bandwidth per month! Also got Ho Chi Minh, Upper Joyride (which I rarely ride and just punted down, might get another shot of that), Samurai Pizza Cat, most of Hornet and the entirety of Ride Don't Slide (which for the record looks pretty crappy on camera because the camera doesn't show the steepness, only the slowness).

So... which one first? :)