Steve's Whistler Nipple Cam Thread - newest vid 14/10/09, Duff to No Duff

who...?

Likes Dirt
Just watched them all and thought they where really good.
Would love to have the money to go there some day.

S.

ex offender
In Deep looks like it might be just a touch....sketchy in the wet :eek:

Awesome vids dude, props.
Yep, but it helps you get over any fear of crashing you might have by way of exposure therapy :) When it's wet you're doing well to get down with less than 3 crashes.

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
These videos are great, especially with the chest cam angle. Keep them coming.

Watching all these is making me want to go back to Whistler right now.

tbass

Likes Bikes
Great riding and great vids!!!

I know it's not it's not the most technical trail, but is there any chance you could do a vid of Crank It Up?

T.

S.

ex offender
Great riding and great vids!!!

I know it's not it's not the most technical trail, but is there any chance you could do a vid of Crank It Up?

T.
I can if you really want, but it's not exactly spectacular on video!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I can't believe you hit so many sneaky lines on In Deep. Nice work!

Any chance you did a Ride Don't Slide with the GoPro?

S.

ex offender
I can't believe you hit so many sneaky lines on In Deep. Nice work!

Any chance you did a Ride Don't Slide with the GoPro?
hahah, those ones on the inside of the big trees were bunted off for the race, they're not really quite legit.

I did actually do a RDS with the camera, but it really looks pretty craptacular to be honest - it doesn't come close to showing how steep it is, just makes it look really slow, and the video is like 40 mins long!

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Garbanzo vid with Beaumont looks incredible. Be nice to ride something that technical for that long....and that's at race pace!

Your vids are great Steve. Just makes the fact that I am here at Uni in cold Creswick harder. :p

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Be nice to ride something that technical for that long....and that's at race pace!
Bahahahaha.....I need to have about 5 or 6 tea parties on the way down! It takes Marc B about 14 minutes, It'll take me 25!:D

More Steve....don't let this die until the white stuffs on the ground. Let's see some linked runs again.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bahahahaha.....I need to have about 5 or 6 tea parties on the way down! It takes Marc B about 14 minutes, It'll take me 25!:D

More Steve....don't let this die until the white stuffs on the ground. Let's see some linked runs again.
Agreed on both points. It's nice to be sitting here in cold Vic knowing at least someone is out there having fun and filming it for us :)

S.

ex offender
reverse cam shot was awesome dude, man ur a quick rider. Do u compete or just doing it for fun?
Cheers, the reverse cam is actually pretty hard to do, cos the rider following has to be really close to the camera for you to be able to see very much. I do a bit of racing, but I race for fun, not cos I have any chance of doing very well at it. There are a lot of people who are a lot quicker than I am, that camera just does a pretty good job of showing the speed because of its wide angle. If you go and watch that helmetcam vid of Marc Beaumont riding the garby racetrack, he gets down the first section in about 1:02 (timed from when he passes the sign that says Original Sin until he comes out on the road before the uphill section), the fastest I've managed to do it in was 1:06 (and in the Original Sin vid I put up it was 1:10) but the camera I use shows the speed much better and actually looks faster - even though I'm going a lot slower.