Sticky Reverb.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Hey, guys!
So my Reverb button has become sticky and won't return to the start position, and when you sit on the saddle it drops about a cm. Anyone got some feedback on this? Back to the shop, or fix it at home? I've only had the bike since December, so surely it's a warranty issue if it's shit itself?? As usual, cheers!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Is it a B1 (2017)version? Mine started to sag. SRAM told me it's a warranty issue...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Is it a B1 (2017)version? Mine started to sag. SRAM told me it's a warranty issue...

No idea! I doubt it though, considering it's off a 2016 Sight. Was your remote sticking as well? Might just take it back to the shop to be sure.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
No idea! I doubt it though, considering it's off a 2016 Sight. Was your remote sticking as well? Might just take it back to the shop to be sure.
B1 has a decal/branding just under the seat clamp?

Mine didn't have a sticky lever, but was sagging and was binding at the Seatpost Collar.

Sticky lever sounds as if it could need a bleed.... but my reverb knowledge is limited as I usually fuck them off as soon as I can.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Ah, sweet. Yep, I'll take it back and let the shop/warranty deal with it. Onya JT!

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Oh great, something to look forward to.

I've had 2.... one shit itself 3 times in 3 months.... - replaced with a KS.
No.2 shit itself after 6 weeks.... warranty replacement sold and replaced with a KS.....

There is a solid theme with reverbs .....

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Fu@k. Are the B1's any better? What are the chances of them swapping for a newie??

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fu@k. Are the B1's any better? What are the chances of them swapping for a newie??

Have had 2 reverbs, one original, and its warranty replacement, a B1. The B1, although we only hung out for 6 months felt like a much more solid unit. No slop, no sag, but still didn't like it.

Pick of the bunch is Thomson for me. Granted, it was still replaced twice under warranty.... better than my KS Lev.... lost count on that one....

moorey

call me Mia
Have had 2 reverbs, one original, and its warranty replacement, a B1. The B1, although we only hung out for 6 months felt like a much more solid unit. No slop, no sag, but still didn't like it.

Pick of the bunch is Thomson for me. Granted, it was still replaced twice under warranty.... better than my KS Lev.... lost count on that one....
You're a butcher. 3yo Thomson, never even serviced, goes like a top. Numerous KS, up to 6 years old. Occasional clean an slickoleum, all good. Only one has had a cartridge replaced.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
*snip. better than my KS Lev.... lost count on that one....
Are you from Melbourne by chance?

I can count the number of posts we couldn't fix after a 3rd return on one hand. A post coming back a 3rd time is a massive alarm bell for us. We review service notes from the previous times that post was returned just incase it was human error that lead to the problems. If it's not obvious what the failure was, we completely rebuild the post, just in case we missed something the last time.

More often than not its a lack of maintenance leading to the failure(s). All service claims are accompanied with a written report and care instructions to combat this and encourage basic maintenance. So after the first failure due to a lack of maintenance, it becomes a service issue not a warranty one the bulk of posts coming back more then once or twice even.

anyway, curious to know the details on your post ... PM me your LBS that managed the claim and approx dates or your name if you like. I'd like to review our records for my benefit! Thx

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Are you from Melbourne by chance?

I can count the number of posts we couldn't fix after a 3rd return on one hand. A post coming back a 3rd time is a massive alarm bell for us. We review service notes from the previous times that post was returned just incase it was human error that lead to the problems. If it's not obvious what the failure was, we completely rebuild the post, just in case we missed something the last time.

More often than not its a lack of maintenance leading to the failure(s). All service claims are accompanied with a written report and care instructions to combat this and encourage basic maintenance. So after the first failure due to a lack of maintenance, it becomes a service issue not a warranty one the bulk of posts coming back more then once or twice even.

anyway, curious to know the details on your post ... PM me your LBS that managed the claim and approx dates or your name if you like. I'd like to review our records for my benefit! Thx

It's rare to find people who care this much these days.

2 am, long weekend, away camping and still following up issues.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Update.
Just went for a razz around Hobbs and it got worse overnight. I had to lift the whole post out about 2cm, as it would compress and make it un-rideable. Off to the bike shop I go.