Strange encounters on the trails

moorey

call me Mia
They might be already on the lookout, i heard about an autistic gentleman who went on a walk last week, found in the bush near the train track rather far from home. He was trying to go bowling. Non communiticative so he wouldnt have spoken to anyone or responded if stopped.

Police on the other hand.. rang them about a bloke in my front yard a few months back. Was drunk and going off, stumbling around the yard. Police told me to ask him to leave..
Fair point.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
A few years ago riding one of the roadside trails around Red Hill had a bit of an Oh Shit moment as I spotted a long stripy thing stretched out toward the trail, then a good giggle as I realised it was just the tail of a very dead wallaby.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know it sounds petty but you never know what they're up to. I witnessed something like this before and didn't report it till a few days later, it ends up being part of abduction and assault, the detectives got really upset with me, but I did the same as you and thought why waste their time or something so minor isn't worth reporting.
The other guy probably did the right thing and reported Moorey.

cammas

Seamstress
I’ve also found a sheep in Silvan, this reminded me.
He was a very cranky sheep too, we always knew roughly where he was and it was a fun game to try and ride through without him getting us
I was riding out at the Redesdale trail one day and got a waft of this real odour, really musty, I’m climbing up a hill so getting big mouthfuls then come around the corner to find a billy goat and his harem of ladies. They took off up the hill and into the scrub scared the crap out them and me, further up the trail I could hear them but never seen them again or since.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I was riding out at the Redesdale trail one day and got a waft of this real odour, really musty, I’m climbing up a hill so getting big mouthfuls then come around the corner to find a billy goat and his harem of ladies. They took off up the hill and into the scrub scared the crap out them and me, further up the trail I could hear them but never seen them again or since.
Its a a good thing big boss billy goat didn’t mistake you for one of his harem! Could have been a whole different story then! :p

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A man I have zero description on, bothering no one....... I can't get the local police to come to one of the resi units when one of our 15yo clients comes home with a stolen car or a boogie board bag full of weed.
There's a really big male Eastern Grey that likes standing on the edge of fast bits of track at Lysterfield. Doesn't move a muscle, just stands there like a f***ing sentinel you only see at the last second. One of those big roided ones too. Scared the shit out me of once (to be fair it was in a heavily wooded area and I just subconsciously registered him as a tree).

I like to think he's a keen MTB spectator or critically judging line choice.
I was riding down around Margaret River with a few mates a couple of years ago and a huge roo was right in the middle of the trail. We stopped about 5-10m away he just sat there for a few minutes up on his back legs staring us down. Then I think he got bored with it and hopped off but made sure we knew it was on his terms!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmmm,
The fella in the gillie suit on the side of the trail - in Wombat Forest ... not weird at all
The old lady in a corolla on a trail - not as wide as the car - very determined old bird .” Are you okay ?”
” Why ,....”
ahmmmm okay
The bongo van with blacked out windows,solar panels surrounded by shotty shells ....
The two fellas with no pants on , guilty faces and dirt bikes in a very secluded part of the forest - eyes up , nothing to seeeeeeeeeeee

oh and meeting some dentist on a Yeti ..........

hahahaahahah life is funny , people are weird

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Back in my fatbike days... there's a nudist beach called Maslins here in SA, about 30km South of the city.
A stair well drops you from the cliff top down onto the beach at the South side, or access from the North on flat sand.
I used to ride down the stairs and ride along the beach.
There was a strava segment called 'Nudie run' which started at the rocks, right down at the South corner which meant travelling South from the bottom of the steps about 400-500m, this took me down amongst the large rocks at the end.

Occasionally there would be a few naked blokes tanning amongst the rocks with the slugs out.

That day I startled 4 blokes (only a glimpse) in full black rubber gimp suits engaged in some form of sexual activities.

I held that KOM for quite a few years, can't remember if I got it this day or not but it was a strange sight.

EDIT: Out of interest, I had a look at the segment, 'nudie run' is across the cliff top, for those who risked seeing stuff that could not be unseen, the segment is the 'Full Monty', still KOM after 7 years.
It reckon I have only had 1 attempt, I have definitely ridden the beach 5-6 times, maybe missed the segment start as I didn't want to go too deep into the rocks of strange sights.

View attachment 375738
Thought that sounded familiar. Turns out I'm 8 seconds faster than an Irishman on a nudie run. My guess is it's so cold back in the Motherland, they don't get as much practice as us.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thought that sounded familiar. Turns out I'm 8 seconds faster than an Irishman on a nudie run. My guess is it's so cold back in the Motherland, they don't get as much practice as us.
The segment name rang a bell, get down on the beach and approach the rocks at the end with caution, I try not to look but some shit just cant be ignored and unseen :p

Theres a strange feeling about acknowledging a naked bloke who's just greeted you with a G'day mate while standing with the hairy slug out.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Theres a strange feeling about acknowledging a naked bloke who's just greeted you with a G'day mate while standing with the hairy slug out.
Well this is going to be awkward at the annual ‘burners’ Highlander convention wearing our company kilts....

I was thinking a racy short number, but if you’re going to be all weird about it geez

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Well this is going to be awkward at the annual ‘burners’ Highlander convention wearing our company kilts....

I was thinking a racy short number, but if you’re going to be all weird about it geez
Ha ha, reminds me of my restaurant days. Boss had Scottish background and decided to wear a kilt to the staff Christmas do. After a few too many one of the girls decided to peek under the kilt and got a very close view of the ‘hairy slug’. :oops::D

Patio

Likes Bikes
A few years back one morning I was riding in the Royal National Park just south of Sydney. Coming from Marley beach on a fire trail I came up behind and passed a naturist jogging along in just Dunlop Volleys and specs. Said hi and he didn't even glance at me. The kicker was about 500m further up the trail I came across a Parks ute with four rangers heading towards this jogger. They probably wondered why I was laughing so much. Just the thought of what was coming up to them made my morning.