Straya Day

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Yes. This.

I was going to mention our real culture, and it's fading away in my original post but I was hesitant as I anticipated it turning into a sh*t fight.

I love this one the best.

Burnum Burnum – takes possession of England on behalf of the Aboriginal Crown at the White Cliffs of Dover. 26 Jan 1988
PLS - If you want to post any racist comments regarding this post, go somewhere else.

i'd forgotten all about that. awesome. i'll post you here the reply i posted to my son's (paternal) cousin's comment about "Invasion Day"

....never forget that your heritage includes people who were invaded also. as part European Jew, you are among the most hunted of people. your ancestors survived the Holocaust. as a Scot, your people had their very language and clan colours removed from them on penalty of death. as a Welshman, your people had Prima Noctis forced upon them. We are all, by light of being human, survivors of invasion and genocide and it's about time we as a human race began drawing together rather than singling each other out as targets over our various beliefs. even labelling Australia Day as Invasion Day calls for an "us and them" mentality. instead of saying "this is wrong", ask yourself "how can i make this different in the future".

i'm Australian by the luck of a coin toss. my parents emigrated here to Adelaide from England, but it could well have been to Canada instead. i was born here and raised as English-in-exile to the point that i still speak with the remnant of an English accent. do i feel fortunate to be an Australian citizen? hell yes. for many of the reasons Harmonix has listed, especially as the mother of two daughters.

i was grateful for an extra day to hang out with my other half, in a country that paid him to have a day off. this is how we celebrated Australia day.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
In my experience (which is considerable on these issues) skin colour is not an indicator of these outcomes
Elizabeth/Davoren Park here in SA is a very good example of that. the original "settlers" in the late Fifties were Ten Pound Poms. today, it's almost a no-go zone.