Street rides - improvisation/inspiration/interpretation

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
bitches n bros....the Mister and I are gonna build a rail. Like this one https://shop.subrosabrand.com/category/rail/subrosa-street-rail.html but sicker cuz...i dunno, cuz we make cool shit. Actually read good things about the Subrosa rail, but also read people saying the bolts strip out really easily and other things. And it's like $300 or more to buy it here, if you can find it. Planning on it being adjustable in height as well. I can hop decently high on flat, but as soon as I try to hop onto a rail or ledge I look like a total grom and can barely get wheels up. The only park nearby me is Monster and they don't actually have a rail. So basically posting here to make sure this project actually happens :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
bitches n bros....the Mister and I are gonna build a rail. Like this one https://shop.subrosabrand.com/category/rail/subrosa-street-rail.html but sicker cuz...i dunno, cuz we make cool shit. Actually read good things about the Subrosa rail, but also read people saying the bolts strip out really easily and other things. And it's like $300 or more to buy it here, if you can find it. Planning on it being adjustable in height as well. I can hop decently high on flat, but as soon as I try to hop onto a rail or ledge I look like a total grom and can barely get wheels up. The only park nearby me is Monster and they don't actually have a rail. So basically posting here to make sure this project actually happens :p
Somebody's cool factor is fairly high. That rail shouldn't be too hard to replicate. Use high quality big bolts and you'll not likely strip them out. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Somebody's cool factor is fairly high. That rail shouldn't be too hard to replicate. Use high quality big bolts and you'll not likely strip them out. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
The Mr drew a mock up of the rail and extension. Tube is 3m long, 50mm tall, and 75mm wide. So decent enough to try anything really. Legs at 300mm extendable to 20". Haven't quite worked out what we're going to use as we haven't got the tubing yet. With 3m extension if you feel you really, really need to do a 6m grind. It is actually impossible to do in my drive as one could not generate enough speed.... Frankly, i don't see us ever using it at that length.

At this point the only bolts will be in the leg extenders and it'll probly be a fat rod thing with a split pin. Welded everywhere else for dat security yo. Feet tbd. Going to get the tube today and i'm stoked af. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Attachments

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Sounds like someone needs to build a roll in for their drive way...
Well, we have the space as its a two house driveway. But if you have the speed for 6m, you'll have trouble stopping before running into the street (bit of a downhill at the end too) or running into the house/car.

Anyway! All the materials have been purchased, work begins today! If it can stay dry out there. Probly start a new thread when it's done for pics n stuff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well, we have the space as its a two house driveway. But if you have the speed for 6m, you'll have trouble stopping before running into the street (bit of a downhill at the end too) or running into the house/car.

Anyway! All the materials have been purchased, work begins today! If it can stay dry out there. Probly start a new thread when it's done for pics n stuff.
Sounds like you're ready for the urban backyard bike park!

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
We had some troubles as a couple of fuckwits put the feet legs on 90° the wrong way.... so we had to spend an extra day grinding the foot in half and re welding it. Super stable tho, the only movement we had was from the uneven ground in the drive. I'm sure we'll get it out to the streets soon.

Peter650

Likes Dirt
Looks great Stinky. I made one out of a old trampoline frame. It started below peg height one end, the other end was about 20 inches high. Was great fun, till i hit it when it was wet oneday.

monkeyonabike

Likes Dirt
I tried riding it stock with the rigid front forks but I just wasn't comfortable without suspension.

Next on the cards is a rear peg and rebuilding the rear wheel with a free coaster. That will have to wait till after my wedding in april.

If anyone wants to hit up a park in the Sydney region that is under lights one night shoot me a pm.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Love it. 24 for life :p :rockon:
With a suspension fork the bb on that will be sooo high, awesome. I am always torn between wanting a really high bb and wanting a steep head angle.
Had a 26" cap for a few weeks and it was actually great--for a 26. I've always been annoyed that the availability of chainrings to suit a 9t/10t driver on a 24 or 26 are so limited...keeps me in the 135 rear spaced game.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
With the cooler season approaching, and my bike at the shop receiving some suspension love, I thought it might be time to rebirth this thread in anticipation of more street riding in the near future!

I was recently in Dulwich Hill and came across the skate park, near the train station. Has anybody ridden this on a bike before? It looked like there was potential.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
With the cooler season approaching, and my bike at the shop receiving some suspension love, I thought it might be time to rebirth this thread in anticipation of more street riding in the near future!

I was recently in Dulwich Hill and came across the skate park, near the train station. Has anybody ridden this on a bike before? It looked like there was potential.
Many times. Its good, they quarters are a couple of different radii (?) So they are interesting. But that's about all there is on that side. The stuff in the middle is pretty straight forward, not a lot of ways to hit it.
The flatground section on the other side is nice and wide open and accommodates bikes well.
The snake is dope.
It's always busy tho. Not many skaters that I've encountered but a fuckton of scooters. Encountered more than a few who could barely walk but were let loose in the middle of the park. :mad:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Over enthusiastic parents can be a pain in the arse...

I live near a park that provides a perfectly good bike/scooter/skateboard/rollershit track for micros. Little kids love it, there's fake traffic signs and all sorts of novelty shit...better to take them there than the skate park right? Oh no...seems I was wrong. Yet somehow on the rare chance that I nearly collide with one of them I am the idiot. Hmmmm...

Cheers for the Dulwich intell. I'll have to drag myself out there for a bit next time in on the streets of Sydney looks g for trouble. I've not really seen much else in the innerish parts. Well there is the shitty half pipe in glebe...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Dully is pretty sick. That snake run is so much fun.

Five docks pretty good too. I'll try and find you a video i recently watched by dan foley. Pretty rad

Found it! It really makes you feel shit about you're riding hahaha.

[video=youtube_share;dghXdIXk_ts]https://youtu.be/dghXdIXk_ts[/video]

Last edited: