Street rides - improvisation/inspiration/interpretation

Mica

Likes Dirt
Ok , so the awesome local council have finally finished a perfect wall ride on a new bikeway underpass. All things going well and it fucking cooling down in brissie late this arvo I will go smash it out and get some pics....

The ribs are ready for some more punishment, first ride back since the big off on the knolly about 4 weeks ago....

At God speed......
I know exactly where you're talking about....

I dream of a quality pump track appearing next to the dog park down there.

I'll keep my eye out for the tyre marks, I've been eyeing that off with some interest since I noticed it during construction

binner

Hath shat hymself
Smarty pants

I know exactly where you're talking about....

I dream of a quality pump track appearing next to the dog park down there.

I'll keep my eye out for the tyre marks, I've been eyeing that off with some interest since I noticed it during construction
You are on it..... It is way too fucking hot to session it at the moment and there is a fair bit of vert on it too now that I had a closer look, really need the rubber to hook up, supposed to be cooler tomorrow and I get an early mark off work so could be the day to do it.....
And yes a pump track would be perfect there , natural slope even if wanted to incorporate in a build....
Perfect spot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok , so the awesome local council have finally finished a perfect wall ride on a new bikeway underpass. All things going well and it fucking cooling down in brissie late this arvo I will go smash it out and get some pics....

The ribs are ready for some more punishment, first ride back since the big off on the knolly about 4 weeks ago....

At God speed......
Get to the photos already...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yup, photos make the world spin around.
I know right? I'm sitting here with nothing better to do than scapegoat binners pics and it's killing me. I'm struggling to put the energy into my legs and walk up the street for a crepe.

Mica

Likes Dirt
I'd say excuse the crap photo but I don't mean it because I put down a whisky and picked up a bike on a rainy night for you guys so be happy you got anything....

just one thing missing from the photo...come on binner, we're waiting (which translates too "I'm too old and brittle to give it a go")

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Looks sweet.

Hit eeeeeeeeeet.

Didn't take the whisky with you? Booze is what makes street riding.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Picture perfect

I know right? I'm sitting here with nothing better to do than scapegoat binners pics and it's killing me. I'm struggling to put the energy into my legs and walk up the street for a crepe.
Here it is in all its glory, really vert, really gotta have speed n momentum to do it.... It's K rad time....

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the pics! that thing looks sick. Is it ridged? or just some tricky light/paint? Might be a job for the bmx...

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
When doing a fakie, how can I keep myself from tipping to one side ? I'm still learning them, so I can really only get about 3 cranks in before I fall to one side--it's almost exclusively my left side. I am regular footed. My wheel base is fairly long for the bike but I can get over the axle easily enough. I just can't seem to keep upright. Any tips ? :help:

will2

Likes Dirt
Can someone please do a huge huck to flat at railway square in Sydney CBD? The big kicker things that are at the start of the bus stop. I think of it every time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When doing a fakie, how can I keep myself from tipping to one side ? I'm still learning them, so I can really only get about 3 cranks in before I fall to one side--it's almost exclusively my left side. I am regular footed. My wheel base is fairly long for the bike but I can get over the axle easily enough. I just can't seem to keep upright. Any tips ? :help:
If you're running brakes and not looking to roll backward for days, wheelstand to 180 and out. Also try pedalling forward with more force to pull the bike back up from falling left.

Can someone please do a huge huck to flat at railway square in Sydney CBD? The big kicker things that are at the start of the bus stop. I think of it every time.
The big Junction of all major streets..? Damn intersection is always busy. I've wanted it for years. I often wonder about a 2am raid...will need a good night time camera.

Ultra Lord

You gotta time the traffic lights and hopecars stop. I did it once, they do.

Expect abuse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You gotta time the traffic lights and hopecars stop. I did it once, they do.

Expect abuse.
Yeah. But you weren't weighed down by a bell and ID...

I'm thinking 2 flanking bikes as wingmen, timed lights, and heavy bus traffic (due to their slower acceleration).

Is the kicker smooth or a bit awkward?

will2

Likes Dirt
If you're running brakes and not looking to roll backward for days, wheelstand to 180 and out. Also try pedalling forward with more force to pull the bike back up from falling left.

The big Junction of all major streets..? Damn intersection is always busy. I've wanted it for years. I often wonder about a 2am raid...will need a good night time camera.
I can provide accommodation withing close proximity....
You bring the stunts.
Yes the kicker is very smooth long easy down sloping run up to smooth landing on road.

I'd say it would be easily doable in the wee hours.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Accommodation? Do you work in a hospital..? I live on the train. I foresee a night run. The kind that finishes at city extra. Why city extra? Because nothing else is open!

Ultra Lord

Cheeky rotorburn night ride happening? Straight From the good ol' farkin days.

Im keen. Beers and wallrides shall be had.