Street rides - improvisation/inspiration/interpretation

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
There's a mini flow trail about 10 mins from me we've been riding and taking care of for years. It's like 20 years old and most people we meet there have just considered it to have been there forever. Randomly met the builders one day, kinda restarted everyone's interest in digging. Mostly it was just maintenance. There's always fuckheads doing shit like building terrible wooden kickers or taking down the council fence for easier access.
One day a sign goes up about a meeting with council and potentially closing the trail. Got worried esp seeing the old folks who turned up (was a small gathering).
We walked the trail with them and the ranger and turned out they were cool to have us there using they land. They never had any issue and figured since we were keeping it clean we were no trouble.... was crazy, but i wish those kinds of folks were everywhere. Even the ranger lady was cool when she realised mtb riders don't want to destroy anything.

Now it's winter ish and the bull ants will have gone away, we'll be getting back out to clean it up. If it's still good I'll let people know if you wanna ride. All dirt but i used to ride it on my dj, just installed a front brake for security blanket.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I know the office that has the leader of the local bush walkers association that has been running a smear campaign on local mtbers and the trails at loftus/surrounding bushland. Those arseholes hate everything to do with bikes. I'd say burn that place but its above a bike shop ironically *shrugs*

Funnily enough RNP don't mind loftus because it's contained to a small area and their happy to have people enjoying the bush. There was an article in the local newspaper about some wooden bridges a guy built out ofbhis back door straight onto some mtb trails, that just shit on hooligan mtbers and dirt bike riders. Best part was they blamed moto guys hahaha. The facebook comments got pretty ruthless towards the fun police.

I reckon it's people being bored, need something to complaign about. Lifes to comfortable now and nothings really that bad, so lets pick on cyclists.
This sounds parallel with some of the woods in my area, all it takes is some strava hero to barge through walkers and it's a war. I've been riding for a long time now and before our trails were dedicated MTB trails, The walkers and runners were rare and few, and bushland was used for a dumping ground. All of a sudden as soon as a specific group has any interest in the place and starts cleaning it up for enjoyment, every other group thinks they have the marginal right to own the place.

And you right about the people that have nothing to do and want to feel important, I've heard the "you'll spread the weeds and harm the wild life" meanwhile there's 2 acres of lantana on the site growing on a creek line spreading like wild fire.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know the office that has the leader of the local bush walkers association that has been running a smear campaign on local mtbers and the trails at loftus/surrounding bushland. Those arseholes hate everything to do with bikes. I'd say burn that place but its above a bike shop ironically *shrugs*

Funnily enough RNP don't mind loftus because it's contained to a small area and their happy to have people enjoying the bush. There was an article in the local newspaper about some wooden bridges a guy built out ofbhis back door straight onto some mtb trails, that just shit on hooligan mtbers and dirt bike riders. Best part was they blamed moto guys hahaha. The facebook comments got pretty ruthless towards the fun police.

I reckon it's people being bored, need something to complaign about. Lifes to comfortable now and nothings really that bad, so lets pick on cyclists.
It isn't familiar to me, so I'm scared of it...kill it! Kill it with fire!!!

Too often we are subject to this shit. Where are the articles talking about all the good stuff bikes, skateboards, graffiti walls, blacktop courts, and so on do for the community? Nahhhhhhh we don't want to talk about that stuff.

This sounds parallel with some of the woods in my area, all it takes is some strava hero to barge through walkers and it's a war. I've been riding for a long time now and before our trails were dedicated MTB trails, The walkers and runners were rare and few, and bushland was used for a dumping ground. All of a sudden as soon as a specific group has any interest in the place and starts cleaning it up for enjoyment, every other group thinks they have the marginal right to own the place.

And you right about the people that have nothing to do and want to feel important, I've heard the "you'll spread the weeds and harm the wild life" meanwhile there's 2 acres of lantana on the site growing on a creek line spreading like wild fire.
Then it's war! Those people...oh the damage.

I'd love to see a nicely made user friendly cluster of dirt jumps planted into the middle of a grassy park. Fuck I hate seeing all that space just being dedicated to being green. I like green space to be user friendly.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Then it's war! Those people...oh the damage.

I'd love to see a nicely made user friendly cluster of dirt jumps planted into the middle of a grassy park. Fuck I hate seeing all that space just being dedicated to being green. I like green space to be user friendly.
Hate to say it but, illegal trails is where the funs at. I carefully remind people that all the old original MTB trails were illegal before they were sanctioned.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hate to say it but, illegal trails is where the funs at. I carefully remind people that all the old original MTB trails were illegal before they were sanctioned.
*gasp* I'd never do or utilise such a thing. Shame on you for bringing the sport into disrepute! :ban::moony::watermelon:

safreek

Fucking do gooders...they are a pain in the rectum. I can't get my head around the I don't like/understand it so I must destroy in mentality. Is it time to start.tearing down bingo halls?
Keep away from my godam bingo halls you frigging hoodlums, don't make me whack you with me Zimmer (grumble grumble about youth)

monkeyonabike

Likes Dirt
Some bastard broke into my garage and stole both my bikes so if the Sydney riders can keep an eye out for the NS posted earlier in the thread that would be great.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Grassy bank to drop ? I tried riding a grassy bank near my house...but damn, hit the grass and the speed just disappears.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I hopped over it last night coming the other way and it seemed pretty hard but you definitely work the pedals a bit harder for speed on the grass.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So good to see a revival of this thread! Get us an action shot on this feature...I'm needing some inspiration to roll the streets again.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So good to see a revival of this thread! Get us an action shot on this feature...I'm needing some inspiration to roll the streets again.
It's not very spectacular but I might hit it up over the weekend. I've got to find a new set of forks, the marzocchi dirt jumpers have a CSU creak.