Stromlo Upgrade approved

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I like the berms on breakout; I reckon you can carry a lot more speed through there.

The jumps I don’t like; the ramp angle seems to want to fire you straight up in the air and lose momentum. Might be my technique though.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I like the berms on breakout; I reckon you can carry a lot more speed through there.

The jumps I don’t like; the ramp angle seems to want to fire you straight up in the air and lose momentum. Might be my technique though.
Huuuge amounts of speed, it's one of my fave downhill parts and arriving at a fair clip into these massive new berms was a nice surprise.

Yep the jumps seem too steep for the landing. Hitting those faces at speed would put you on flat pretty easy, the old ones you could go at full tilt and do a long low air. I wasn't going fast on the weekend due to not pedalling, will take some getting used to going fast again on them, pre-jump.

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Gave Three Amigos a run.

Some crazy tech rock features. Took on a few and walked a few. Would like to try some of these if I rode it again with some strap on courage.

I personally found the crossing of all the tree furrows a massive pain. Could be poor technique but could not find a way to do it smoothly. Others may love this?

If you like hard pack or flow you won’t like this - it’s raw and rough. A welcome change for many who have seen many of the technical features of Stromlo removed.

Really not my favorite type of trail but great to see something new and different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've got a knocking noise coming from the forks on the dually, so I think the new endurobro trails are probably off limits until I get it serviced.

I've just put new shifter cables, new chain and new dropper on the hardtail though, so think I'll hit up Sparrow tomorrow if you're up.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
My weekend doesn't belong to me, this time around, unfortunately. Has to be the following.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Well unless you're out riding right now, it looks like we're a washout anyway.

Next weekend sounds good to me