DH Sunday Rebuild Thread - Finished

hazza6542

Eats Squid
So the bike is a lot faster than before. Tubeless as well, holy shit, I can go round corners now. This low pressure business is incredible. Might have been running it a bit too low, went the local downhill run, on the last straight it was quicker than I've ever hit it even after no riding for two months, cleared a jump a little bit too much for my liking and front wheel went straight onto a rock that had rolled onto the lander and lost all tire pressure on impact, rolled off the next jump and it went a bit sour, luckily a tree broke my fall. Bike held up well, not a scratch. A mate posted a photo of the bike on facebook as soon as it was built, someone honestly thought it was one of Sam's old bikes.

Boxxer world cups coming sunday night, saving weight isn't a huge deal to me but the bike is reeeeal nose heavy, so hopefully it will even it out a bit and I won't find so many damned pennys on the track. Gonna grab some new decals for the lowers, can't be havin red stickers. Not too sure which to grab between these two.

http://www.slikgraphics.com/collect...rockshox-boxxer-2013-style-decals-black-forks

http://www.slikgraphics.com/collect...ts/rockshox-boxxer-2013-style-decals-blackbox

I like the idea of the black box decals. The last time a Sunday was raced in the world cup the 35mm chassis boxxers were still a blackbox tech, something about that works for me.

driftking

Wheel size expert

My old faded ODI's are much closer in colour. Brakes need a bleed badly and rear shock has no air. Can anyone drop any knowledge on pumping up a Vivid RC2, weird valve on the piggy back?

[B]EDIT: Needs to get charged with nitrogen.[/B][/QUOTE]

Why? Air is 78% nitrogen anyway.

Brilliant build up. Loving the old throw back graphic/paint choice.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Might as well, send the fork if you have the cash too I reckon, get a nice tuned set up that complements each other.
Between new phone, project car, daily driver, forks and the bike build, I'm sticking to things that need doing now.

So, red looks silly, time for stickers. It needs stickers.

Didn't realise these new boxxers have the decals clear coated, I have black and red forks now. Whoops. I want to go the black box stickers but after looking at them they're a different shape to the standard 2013 style stickers. Will send an email asking to see the blackbox sticker next to the standard and possibly already on a set of forks.

EDIT: Gone with the standard decals in green. Who wants to educate me on brake mounts for 2013 Boxxers? Put em on today, I can actually feel the difference when you pick it up from the centre of the bike, not so nose heavy, can't really feel the bike being lighter though, should be hitting ~17.3kgs with pedals.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
New forks! Pretty nasty in red, stickers are on their way to fix that up. Everything should be sweet by the weekend, hopefully be out at the Ourimbah clubby this Sunday.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
NAR M8 THEY MATCH THE RED ON YER CSIXX GOID AY.

Looks shocking, haha.
Should increase the heart rate again when they're green. ;)

I got my cSixx chainstay protectors yesterday, damn they're nice and long! It's great.
What a convoluted MESS to put on the bike though.

I stuck a red one on my Trance and it took me like half an hour, haha!

Did you have much trouble?

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
NAR M8 THEY MATCH THE RED ON YER CSIXX GOID AY.

Looks shocking, haha.
Should increase the heart rate again when they're green. ;)

I got my cSixx chainstay protectors yesterday, damn they're nice and long! It's great.
What a convoluted MESS to put on the bike though.

I stuck a red one on my Trance and it took me like half an hour, haha!

Did you have much trouble?
Yeah it was a bitch to do, half an hour sounds about right, maybe a bit longer after changing my mind on cable routing, but the thing is silent. I ended up losing the roll of adhesive it comes with, didn't help. I actually had to cut mine a little at the start of the chain stay because it's so long. I was going to cover the shifter cable but decided to cut the holes for it, let the cable move freely and it looked silly on this bike.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I go on crc and hear it muttering at me...

"up with this I will not put"

The old red ones aren't decals, they're painted on. Plain black would be mad

Last edited:

Andrei

Likes Dirt
Been seeing Hazza ripping it up on his Sunday at a trail where he said he would never ride it. Slaying berms like a madafaka! Such a great build, you make me proud son...

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Been seeing Hazza ripping it up on his Sunday at a trail where he said he would never ride it. Slaying berms like a madafaka! Such a great build, you make me proud son...
I stand by the P3 is better there, it's just not as fast round johnny holmes. I'll try and get a photo of the bike getting low round johnny.

Best I could get with phone in the sun.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Blew the vivid, taking to the Sunday with some power tools and fitting an rc4 now, it's tuned for a pivot Phoenix so I'm going to have a working bike, see how it goes at the track and then get some nice photos for you all.

EDIT: No photos but anyone with a Sunday - get an RC4. Didn't notice the difference till I rode at one of the local trails and it's just silly how well it works with DW.

Last edited: