Sydney siege

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Enough is enough. Australia as a nation has to stand up and tell our leaders we are sick and tired of all the political correctness that has everyone's hands tied. If these people are speaking out against Australia, deport them.

End of story....
I speak out strongly and frequently against Australia's treatment of refugees and lack of action on climate change. Should I be deported? Where to? I was born here.

Implicitly condemning an entire population of immigrants because of the actions of one deranged nutcase? Very helpful.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I speak out strongly and frequently against Australia's treatment of refugees and lack of action on climate change. Should I be deported? Where to? I was born here.

Implicitly condemning an entire population of immigrants because of the actions of one deranged nutcase? Very helpful.
Especially since it seems to be the case of, a nut job who happened to be Muslim, rather than a Muslim nut job.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Maybe so, but you seemed to make a call that this was a set up because a year ago there were anti-terror drills in the middle of the CBD and now there is a CT op in the middle of the CBD. That's what I'm responding to, not any other goal post you may wish to set up.
Meh... I take these "terrorist" events with a grain of salt. The gov't has a vested interest in keeping people aware (read: scared) of an invisible enemy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Enough is enough. Australia as a nation has to stand up and tell our leaders we are sick and tired of all the political correctness that has everyone's hands tied. If these people are speaking out against Australia, deport them.

End of story....

+10 characters. And adding my dislike for our military 'glory' in recent years.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Especially since it seems to be the case of, a nut job who happened to be Muslim, rather than a Muslim nut job.
Why do you think that?

He is a nutjob for sure, but he is also muslim for sure. He is a self styled sheik, his ex wife for which he was accused as a conspirator in her murder was stabbed then set alight - does that ring any bells for you?

He wrote disgusting letters to families of soldiers, he has been investigated for sexual misconduct. This man is so clearly and outwardly a radicalised muslim it beggars belief to deny it as a critical motivator for him.

On the plus side he was marginalised within his faith and a loner.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid

End of story....
Problem with this guy is, he didn't speak out against Australia - he had rejected Iran, and file footage shows him being anti American, anti govt but pro being an Australian - though quite how he reconciled his stated views with his actions is anybody's guess.

Not that's there's much mention, but it think this guys treatment in prison has driven this response. Prison was a non option for him given his experiences and prison was a highly likely outcome I d suggest. His religious views make suicide a mortal sin unless justified with some jihadist view - an athiest would just top themselves, this fuckwit however can justify not only suicide, but murder suicide within a radicilized framework of Islam

clockworked

Like an orange
it's a fair insult to Islam to try and tie this guy in as a true believer, even as a radicalist. The jihadi has to strike effectively against the enemies of islam to gain entry to heaven if s/he dies in holy war. That is a long bow to draw to compare holy war with kidnapping people in a chocolate shop. This guy is a lunatic trying to use Islam as an excuse. He's about as muslim as charles manson is a christian

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is a self styled sheik
You can't self style yourself as a Sheik. That's as irrational as a self styled prince or king or pope..

Sheik is just a provocative "muslimish" word that sounds intimidating. Especially when self styled. SO EXTREMIST.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Why do you think that?

He is a nutjob for sure, but he is also muslim for sure. He is a self styled sheik, his ex wife for which he was accused as a conspirator in her murder was stabbed then set alight - does that ring any bells for you?

He wrote disgusting letters to families of soldiers, he has been investigated for sexual misconduct. This man is so clearly and outwardly a radicalised muslim it beggars belief to deny it as a critical motivator for him.

On the plus side he was marginalised within his faith and a loner.
I think if you give more than a glance at his behaviour he may not have been a radical in the sense of militantism and jihadism [keep in mind that I say "think" and "may"]

From what I'm aware he wasn't pro-Taliban, AQ or anything like that, I think he was more anti-Western invasion of Muslim countries on what he saw as false pretenses. Now I was against the war in Iraq as well and I wasn't pro-Saddam or AQ. He wrote letters to families thinking that they would support his anti-war efforts given that their children had died for what he figured was an illegitimate war. These are not the actions of an Islamic radical.

The headband and the flag I think were more manifestations of his lunacy, as likely are his previous charges. He has self radicalised but I think that is likely a result of his experiences with the judicial system and his crimes rather than a real belief in Jihad. I'd like to understand when he changed from Shi'ism to Sunnism and if he had any writings that advocated sharia law, denied democracy, etc.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
it's a fair insult to Islam to try and tie this guy in as a true believer, even as a radicalist. The jihadi has to strike effectively against the enemies of islam to gain entry to heaven if s/he dies in holy war. That is a long bow to draw to compare holy war with kidnapping people in a chocolate shop. This guy is a lunatic trying to use Islam as an excuse. He's about as muslim as charles manson is a christian
Hang on, he's the one doing the insulting, he sees himself as true believer .

It might be a long bow to draw as a rational person ( actually an impossible bow to draw), but what about the bombers in London , or Spain , or the guy that beheads journalists, or pilots planes into towers, or blows up consulates, or cuts a mans head off in there streets, or blows himself up in an Iraqi marketplace ?

They all justify their complete fucking insanity on some jihadist bullshit that they will gain entry into heaven.

This is the crux of the problem with the connection to Islam - this certainty that heaven is better than earth and that you can get there with rewards by getting killed in a holy war - all that they have to do now, is convince themselves that who they are about to murder is somehow part of that war that existsn their head.

What seems clear though, is this guy isn't or wasn't a psychopath - unlike the Aussie who has gone off to fight for IS and cuts peoples heads off for fun - he seems to be a psychopath who has found an accepting organisation

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Why do you think that?
It appears that his mo leans more to that of an sociopath individual who's fucked up view led him the situation. Rather than being a radicalised militant member of an extremist group. Isis looks like being a convenient band wagon for him to jump on to justify his actions in his own head. His being Islamic looks to be an aside to the event. This was more in the vein of Bryant or Julian Knight.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
It appears that his mo leans more to that of an sociopath individual who's fucked up view led him the situation. Rather than being a radicalised militant member of an extremist group. Isis looks like being a convenient band wagon for him to jump on to justify his actions in his own head. His being Islamic looks to be an aside to the event. This was more in the vein of Bryant or Julian Knight.
So you think this would have happened without Islam ?

Nah, this is about been the centre of attention, maximum media exposure for a cause, the flag isn't excuse it's the reason, Bryant is without question mentally disturbed and didnt attach himself to a cause. I don't know what drove Hoddle st, I thought it was pretty random without planning.

One thing for sure, thanking our previous govts that action was taken after port Arthur and this guy didn't have an automatic weapon.

I'll grant you, he definately isn't a member of an extremist group, he just somehow identifies with them - I'm guessing his computer history might have some interesting light to shed on the subject

Here's a depressing read on Wikipedia - just one years worth

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2014

There's certainly a pattern going on

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
wait, what? Charles Manson....he was Jesus. This kind of apostasy is ruining the interwebs.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Their religion accepts the killing and rape of non-muslims if one of their type reports them to the police they get black sheeped out of their culture and community and its religiously right to kill the informant. Think! how can their women wear burquas and not be disgusted when they see an Ausie women with a short dress, tits hanging out and high heels. They may not expose their thoughts but this is how it really is. The bloke in question may be a nutter or a radicalist but his beliefs may or pushed him over the edge to this. Holding a flag up like that tends to let me believe its religious. Muslims know the backlash is going to huge from this and defend themselves, we pride ourselves of our life style and culture. Some of you have no idea they send their kids overseas to study sharia law because its more pure as our laws punish a lot of their beliefs here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Help please!

Just hoping we can turn this thread into a real divisive stream of uninformed cliché based thought...can anyone help me out?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Their religion accepts the killing and rape of non-muslims if one of their type reports them to the police they get black sheeped out of their culture and community and its religiously right to kill the informant. Think! how can their women wear burquas and not be disgusted when they see an Ausie women with a short dress, tits hanging out and high heels. They may not expose their thoughts but this is how it really is. The bloke in question may be a nutter or a radicalist but his beliefs may or pushed him over the edge to this. Holding a flag up like that tends to let me believe its religious. Muslims know the backlash is going to huge from this and defend themselves, we pride ourselves of our life style and culture. Some of you have no idea they send their kids overseas to study sharia law because its more pure as our laws punish a lot of their beliefs here.
What a load......

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You need to stop talking shit like this or I will ban you from this website.

I am not stopping free speech here I am stopping hate speech because you are flat out wrong.

Islam has many different versions and you are talking about it if it is one thing and there is no difference between Shiites, Sunnis, Bahais, Sufis, Ahmadiyahs, etc. I bet you don't even know what those words mean.

There are well over 1 billion Muslims in this world and you have just said they are all the same and think and act the same. That's about as stupid as saying that all Australians are the same and act the same - clearly that is bullshit.

I don't mind if you have strong opinions based on fact but when you start talking absolute shit that maligns hundreds of millions of people you indicate you are not going to be welcome here. Give it a miss or leave.