Tassie nationals #2

dilemma

girl+bike
I just registered on Friday, so I guess I'll be there!!
I'm sure it'll be a fun weekend...
It'll be good to hopefully put some faces to names hey!

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
I've been searching the forums for news & updates on the Tassies... looks like SA riders copped a heap of injuries but still got podies :D Well done guys :D

Jayne !! What happened to your wrist mate!!?? Hope you are ok :confused:
Well done to Julia getting 3rd in elites too, yeah!

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
hey jo!

yehr tassie was great fun, jane unfortunalty fractured her wrist even before doing a full run!

Julie had an awesome run to pull up in third!

I had an unfortunate weekend of 3 flats includeing a flat front tyre on my qualifer which caused me to stack, so i couldnt finish the track on it, sucked because i was nailing the track in pracy! had an awesome time either way track was great expereince, julia can back me up on that one!

was great weekend either way!

muzza167

Likes Dirt
I'm glad that you girls that made it down had a great time! All of the females that i saw there were really throwing it down and making some of the guys look really bad :p. I see some really good times there too... well done. Pretty much everyone i have talked too had a good weekend. Sorry to hear about the flats and the bad qualifying run roxy, its just a bit of bad luck eh.

All the best,

Stewart.

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
hey jo!

yehr tassie was great fun, jane unfortunalty fractured her wrist even before doing a full run!

Julie had an awesome run to pull up in third!

I had an unfortunate weekend of 3 flats includeing a flat front tyre on my qualifer which caused me to stack, so i couldnt finish the track on it, sucked because i was nailing the track in pracy! had an awesome time either way track was great expereince, julia can back me up on that one!

was great weekend either way!

Hey Rox!

Yeah I was wondering why your name wasn't in the top 3?! Thought something might have gone pear shaped... damn tyres! How are your injuries going? Hope no biggies :confused:

I really want to go to a National round one of these days, the Tas track looked very nice... except for the nasty bits, LOL

I sliced a couple of fingers open today at work so, again, I won't be riding for a little while - DOH!

All the best,

Jo

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
haha yes i saw that to lol, wasnt a pictre perfect moment but nice none the less haha.

My injuries are fine, cant say im not dissapointed as im sure i would have done very well, but thats raceing!

you should come over for mt beauty, stay with us lol.

Lizardskin

Likes Dirt
yeah i was spewing....oh well thats racing hey.

I didnt even get a full run in!!!!!:(

Make sure you triple check that all your screws are done up tight!!!! my bars were loose so when i went over a drop my bars rotated upside down and i went over the bars . doh.

looks like ive done my scafoid and ulner and some ligament/soft tissue damage. :(

I was so excited about riding that track too. oh well next time!

yeah well done to all the girls ripping up the track!!

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
Hey Jayne, hope you have a speedy recovery! I see you can still type, YAY!
I second that about checking your nuts & bolts... I'm glad that didn't happen at Gambier when I found my handlebars were crooked at the start gate of qualifying, LOL... hmmmm, upside down bars, now thats not good!!

Hey Rox, when is the Mt Beauty race?

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
man sux to hear about your stack Jayne hope it not too bad an injury n u heal up soon

track looked sick.....

I stacked today too oh n sunday (not on DH runs) first one was all my bad (always check the depth of a puddle) n the second was a wind gust whilst doing some jumping over the bars both times...

but then got out and rode the nats track (DH) this arvo no stacks but still not clearing the rock garden any tips anyone.....

YAK

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
the rock garden here is really tight and long I'll take some pics and post them at some stage, It's just getting enough speed n confidence to rip it down ay

cheers for the advice... Ive picked a line and will give it a go.... but it's raining cats n dogs today

Lizardskin

Likes Dirt
yeah Id just say stay off the brakes and hold your line. Even if your bike bucks around a bit, just keep going with the flow!

Probabaly not best to try it when its heaps wet though........

leeN

Banned
Hey guys, i was just wondering, how do you find out when all the races are on and where??? im sorta new to it all, only ever raced once and that was because the race was only a short ride from my school in ballarat! id love to ge out and compete more! And hey Roxy, i met you there at that race, the one at Black Hill!!

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
yep i know, i remeber you.......

if you have msn add me from the email in my profile (over on the left there) and il point you in the right direction.:)