That gay marriage thing........

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Meanwhile, our 'respectful debate' now includes No campaign leader Lyle Shelton supporting parents forcing their gay kids into 'conversion therapy', better known as torture and brainwashing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Meanwhile, our 'respectful debate' now includes No campaign leader Lyle Shelton supporting parents forcing their gay kids into 'conversion therapy', better known as torture and brainwashing.
Come on...didn't that electro-shock treatment stuff work really well back in the day? Or are you talking some clockwork orange type stuff?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Looks like the Bible thumpers were right - the push for marriage equality is leading to people being discriminated against for their opinions.

Church cancels wedding because bride and groom supported gay marriage on Facebook

Churches trying to be even less relevant. Nutters .
Its going to happen sooner or later, like banning slavery its social progress.

moorey

call me Mia
Looks like the Bible thumpers were right - the push for marriage equality is leading to people being discriminated against for their opinions.

Church cancels wedding because bride and groom supported gay marriage on Facebook.
Yeah, totes proud of my town right now :behindsofa:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Church cancels wedding because bride and groom supported gay marriage on Facebook

Churches trying to be even less relevant. Nutters .
Its going to happen sooner or later, like banning slavery its social progress.
Slavery hasn't been banned, it has been outsourced and off shored. It allows us to enjoy the benefits without the guilt. Currently gay marriage is an off shore thing too. Your statement is oddly true...

stirk

Burner
There hasbeen a few cranky chunts in hi-vis lettered vests with "it's ok to vote no" in the local Springwood town 'square'.

They cop some shit and they dish out some shit. The old bloke who appeared first a couple of weeks ago was ranting his head off yesterday with a few people standing filming him, spittle was flying. Sadly he didn't get the message that marriage equality is about love not angry ranting with finger pointing and spittle spray.

On the opposite side of the street was an all smiles yes supporter with lots of happy people around her. Markedly different attitudes toward life on display.

I happily yelled out to old chunt that I voted yes, he started to point fingers at me and yell some angry crap but I was driving and thankfully dodged his spittle.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
If only they put it online...like the fucking census!
Totally! What is this archaic obsession with snail mail? Obviously it's cheaper and more reliable and most people probably wouldn't have one of those newfangled computation devices with the interminet...

It would probably be cheaper to SMS every Australian and get them to reply with a yes or no.

moorey

call me Mia
They knew it was coming. It could have been added onto the census as optional response...but that wouldn't have given the noisy NO voters enough time and air to make a divisive issue of it.

stirk

Burner
Totally! What is this archaic obsession with snail mail? Obviously it's cheaper and more reliable and most people probably wouldn't have one of those newfangled computation devices with the interminet...

It would probably be cheaper to SMS every Australian and get them to reply with a yes or no.
Hahaha, do you tech?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
We should never have got into this shitstorm in the first place. The fundamentally discriminatory 2004 Amendment to the Marriage Act should never have been passed on the grounds of being unconstitutionally in breach of every anti-discrimination law in the country. In a supposedly enlightened society it is utterly unconscienable that such legislated discrimination is allowed to be enacted.