The Band Name Game

bazza

look at me
down_hillbilly said:
Yellow card

I dont know anything about them or what they sing but its the only band i could think of starting with y
DESCRIPTIONS. dont just post idiots. where is some mod reinforcement. PUT IN FREAKIN DESCRIPTIONS.

for D i would say Daylight Curse an awesome brisbane metal band with hardcore influences. they started back in 2002 and have some sweet songs out one is featured on the Trial and Error Hardcore Punk Volume 6 which is only 10 bucks from most cd stores. well worth it. awesome bands on it.

as they put it

'For thousands of years The Daylight Curse existed only as a supernatural force from which the rest of the known world was created. Composed of 90% radness, 5% O.P. Rum 2.5% Mexican Lasagne and 2.5% of an unknown substance that prominent scientists have dubbed "good times" the spiritual entity that is us materialised in the form of 5 deadset legends in the spring of 2002.'

PUT DESCRIPTIONS.

Last edited:
.:deadkennedys:.
JELLO BIAFRA
EAST BAY RAY
KLAUS FLOURIDE
D.H. PELIGRO
DEAD KENNEDYS were one of the most popular and important American hardcore punk bands of the late '70s/early '80s. They formed in San Francisco in 1978 when EAST BAY RAY placed an ad in a music paper that vocalist JELLO BIAFRA responded to. They were soon joined by bassist KLAUS FLOURIDE, drummer TED and a second guitarist known to posterity simply as 6025. The latter departed in March 1979, while Ted was replaced at the very end of 1980 by D.H. PELIGRO.
he eight-track EP, IN GOD WE TRUST, INC. (1981), took things further, boasting a speed and power that left most reviewers nonplussed and contemporaries trailing. The EP included a wild cover of "Rawhide" and "Nazi Punks, Fuck Off," an anti-violence paean. The band then changed musical gears again when the PLASTIC SURGERY DISASTERS appeared in late 1982. Possibly their best album, this fine collection of songs retained the trademark savagery and satire, but the musical content had diversified, even including such unexpected moments as Klaus Flouride playing clarinet. Featured were the singles "Bleed for Me" and "Halloween," and it also included "Moon Over Marin," as close as Dead Kennedys ever came to a ballad, albeit with anti-pollution lyrics.

After two years of touring, where they performed all over North America, Europe and Australia, the more melodic FRANKENCHRIST (1985) appeared, marked by a frantic sense of desperation that reflected America's increasingly right-wing political landscape and with songs like "MTV Get Off the Air." As ever, the group ran into controversy, this time with the LP's accompanying poster, "Penis Landscape," by Swiss artist H. R. Giger.

Detailing several rows of copulating genitalia, it provoked a legal offensive against the band beginning in April 1986. As well as having his flat torn apart by the police, Biafra was charged with "distributing harmful matter to minors," a charge which he repulsed on the basis of the First Amendment right to free speech and which was dismissed the following year. But before the controversy, the band had already decided to disband in January 1986 and to complete the recording of BEDTIME FOR DEMOCRACY, which was released later that year. The band rocked as tight as ever, with Ray's voodoo/surf guitar, Flouride's thumping bass and Peligro's skin bashing providing the perfect "sturm und drang" for Biafra's words.

Dead Kennedys played their last show in March of 1986 in the San Francisco Bay Area, where they began. GIVE ME CONVENIENCE OR GIVE ME DEATH, a fantastic collection of their classic early singles and B sides, rare tracks and compilation tracks, was released in 1987.

Adapted from THE ROUGH GUIDE TO ROCK biography by Andy Lewis.
:D :D :D hope you like i did not right this they have summed it up better than i could have

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
Sons of Otis

"Sons of Otis are masters of the natural phenomenon of sublimation whereby gases

are converted directly into solids. Their ultra-heavy Space Rock can turn mere air into walls

of noise (or make the walls around you crumble into thin air)."

in other words get high and listen

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Simon & Garfunkel

old school poprock sorta stuff. got no idea in reality. but some of their songs include the famous "Bridge over Troubled Water" and "Hazy Shade of Winter"

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
blake123 said:
hilltop hoods
Ferchrist's sake we're 1300 posts into this! I'm pretty sure Adelaides finest (I'm restraining from adding personal comment here...) have been mentioned at least once! Let's start thinking outside the box here!

I'm going for Slade.

Altogether now...

"Cum on feel the noize!.."

NCR600

Likes Dirt
FRIGGIN DESCRIPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUNNO)))

Sloooooooowwwwwwww HEAVY HEAVY music.

Sounds like a soundtrack to a creepy computer game no one has the balls to actually make.

Makes my car feel like it's going to disintergrate, and it's not unheard of for people to feel a sudden urge to defecate at their shows.

(I'll accept )([or] for the first letter of the next band there are a few out there)

EDIT:
Ooooh Slade!! go with that one , we'll keep the brackets for later.

Last edited:

bazza

look at me
NCR600 said:
FRIGGIN DESCRIPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUNNO)))

Sloooooooowwwwwwww HEAVY HEAVY music.

Sounds like a soundtrack to a creepy computer game no one has the balls to actually make.

Makes my car feel like it's going to disintergrate, and it's not unheard of for people to feel a sudden urge to defecate at their shows.

(I'll accept )([or] for the first letter of the next band there are a few out there)

EDIT:
Ooooh Slade!! go with that one , we'll keep the brackets for later.
WINNAHHHH.

The (International) Noise Conspiracy

we dont count The. because thats just silly. a lot of you just heard of them and listened to a few songs but heres something a lot of yous probably didnt know

'The (International) Noise Conspiracy formed in Sweden in late 1998. The band members all grew up with the Swedish hardcore scene, and were schooled in the radical youth movements of the 90's. The band released a bunch of singles in 1999 and started touring, quickly earning a reputation as one of the wildest and most uncompromising live acts out there. True to their ideology, the band went to The People's Republic Of China in May of 1999 for their first tour outside of Sweden. The symbolism of the Tianamen Square massacre was not lost as the band performed their songs in still illegal, hidden rock clubs while the Chinese police waited outside the door with guns and nightsticks.

The band's debut album Survival Sickness (Epitaph/Burning Heart) was released in the spring of 2000. Heavy touring around the world followed, and in late 2000 America got their first visit by these radical Swedes with both headline dates and shows with At The Drive In, Sunny Day Real Estate and others.'
T(I)NC's website.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Dunno about any bands that start with brackets,

BUT! There is a band (from the States I think) called !!! which should be close enough (but also impossible to follow...)

There's plenty of mileage in this so we should probably stick on the "E"

EDIT:- ARSE!

bazza

look at me
PINT of Stella said:
Dunno about any bands that start with brackets,

BUT! There is a band (from the States I think) called !!! which should be close enough (but also impossible to follow...)

There's plenty of mileage in this so we should probably stick on the "E"

EDIT:- ARSE!
way ahead of you ahahha.