The Born Again Wagon Wheeler

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
I'd be keen to know how you find the bar height. The stack number is low compare to some other bikes and one reviewer called it out since they were 6'3". This is especially important for taller riders such as myself. I've taken the Genius off my shortlist for this reason only. otherwise really suits my riding and size.
I'm 6ft and have an amazing lack of flexibility throughout my body. Riding a size large. I've never noticed the front end being low, I actually preferred the genius when i dropped the stem slightly to get my weight (lack of - 60kgs) over the front a bit more. Will possibly drop it again and add a riser bar for a bit more length.

One thing to also consider is how the twinlock is set up, if you have it on the front at all, as if you set it up to lock out when in trail mode you'll obviously have much higher front end when in use.

We sold one at work in an XL to a tall customer, his previous bike was a 27.5 GT Sensor with a super long high rise stem and the highest rise Spank bars (i think 880mm wide? and nearly a 40mm rise?). I was amazed how close the the handlebar height is considering, although this was a 29er genius which obviously brings the front up more than a standard 27.5 wheel.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au

It isn’t released yet but they will be taking pre-orders soon. Also, they have a 14 day test ride period. You can ship it back if you don’t like it.
Nice. Bicycles online always have good pricing too.
If you buy one I'd love to see a ride report.
And when @Purpledragonslayer gets the new Sensor we can have a three - way!
(wait, that sounds weird)

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I'm 6ft and have an amazing lack of flexibility throughout my body. Riding a size large. I've never noticed the front end being low, I actually preferred the genius when i dropped the stem slightly to get my weight (lack of - 60kgs) over the front a bit more. Will possibly drop it again and add a riser bar for a bit more length.

One thing to also consider is how the twinlock is set up, if you have it on the front at all, as if you set it up to lock out when in trail mode you'll obviously have much higher front end when in use.

We sold one at work in an XL to a tall customer, his previous bike was a 27.5 GT Sensor with a super long high rise stem and the highest rise Spank bars (i think 880mm wide? and nearly a 40mm rise?). I was amazed how close the the handlebar height is considering, although this was a 29er genius which obviously brings the front up more than a standard 27.5 wheel.
Thanks. Good feedback. Stack numbers can be misleading but without ever seeing an XL Genius it is hard to know if it will be ok. There are about 5 stores selling Scott around me in Sydney and not one has an XL Genius to look at let alone demo.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’m a yankee using the tapatalk app. I didn’t realize this was a rotorburn thread until someone mentioned the AUD price. You chaps are a lot more fun than the mtbr squids. I was so confused.
If you'd like to buy asylum from your clown chief Trump, I'm sure we can strike up an arranged marriage deal. The dowry will include full XTR, DVO and lots and lots of carbon.

damo666

Likes Dirt
Bringing back an old thread here - i am in the market for a mid range 29er thst can handle Canberra trails, a few trips per year to Thredbo, and a few very amateur level Enduro races. Currently riding a Canyon Strive.

Can anyone talk me out of a Norco Sight C 29er?

It seems to do just about everything pretty well, and price is at least $2k cheaper than a Hightower/Instinct/Scott etc.

Interested to hear from anyone that has ridden one.

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I reckon the Sight would be an excellent choice.
I haven't ridden one, but you won't find a bad word written about the current Sight anywhere.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I have heard that once you lose the afterglow of 29r, you can put 26 inch wheels on them
I crash often enough without being handicapped by little toy wheels!

(locks house, grabs gun, waits for 26" lynch mob to arrive with pitch forks...)