POS { - The Deathtrap Project - }

Gripo

Eats Squid
I want one too.........

Props to you Justin, your best bike build thread yet. I want? one too.........

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a small update:

I've ditched much of the retro crazy German look and feel of the bike. For a while I spent time trying to get the position really down low so that I was lying on top of the bike. To do that I bought a banana saddle and sissy bar. I've chopped all of it up and even with the saddle as low as it was the position still wasn't quite right. I gave up somewhere along the line and I've decided to go upright again, dirt track style!

The bike instantly feels slower, but a lot more playful now that I'm sitting upright instead of lying low.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I bought and fitted a cheap Cateye wireless computer and the bike's doing 46.5km/hr on the flats and I hit 57.8km/hr on the way home down a gradual hill. There's a lot more in it as it's still a new engine and I'm still running the 16:1 break in oil/fuel mixture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oWisgGxRU

A little video I shot today on my way to MC Cyclery.

'Ross

Eats Squid
That camera looks to be high quality, good picture...go shoot some real (offroad) videos with it!

floody

Wheel size expert
Looking good Mr. Fox. I think you should be the first to build a proper expansion chamber for yours and get some decent poke out of it. Maybe a keihin or mikuni carb off a small capacity Jap bike (say an early 80s 50-60cc mx bike like a YZ50).

Is that a KHS cruiser thing he's on? I lined up against him on one at a slalom once...in 1997. Wonder if its the same bike.

m0ntague

Likes Dirt
WOW:eek:

That's one awesome looking ride. You shore have put a lot of time and effort into that bike. Good work.
I love the old moto look.