The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Calvin27

Eats Squid
A dirty campaign....
Campaigns have always been dirty. I maintain labor went in way too hard on tax policy and failed to realise they should have been wedging the LNP on climate. ScMo to his credit managed to hide as much as he could and also managed to get his MPs to shut their gob - we didn't even get a whisper of his team from the likes of potato head for example.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Speaking of potatoes, one of the first priorities is to repeal the Medevac Bill... Because why...? Christian values perhaps?

Listening to an AMA dude on the radio this morning, they "see no reason to repeal and there have been no adverse issues with it all".

Haakon

Campaigns have always been dirty. I maintain labor went in way too hard on tax policy and failed to realise they should have been wedging the LNP on climate. ScMo to his credit managed to hide as much as he could and also managed to get his MPs to shut their gob - we didn't even get a whisper of his team from the likes of potato head for example.
The dirt was very one sided. Two options for a fair fight then - return the dirt and enforce truth in advertising...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Whilst I'm sure he would have liked a couple of seats anyway, I have no doubt that this was his true aim:

Three days after a disastrous result for his party, Mr Palmer is “elated”. He says he has no regrets about spending $55 million in advertising and not winning a single seat.

He’s just happy “shifty” Bill Shorten didn’t win.

Speaking with ABC Radio in Brisbane last night, Mr Palmer said he did what he did because he thought a Labor government “would be a disaster for Australia”.

“We decided to polarise the electorate and put what advertising we had left that hadn’t been used into explaining to Australian people what Shorten’s economic plans were for the country and how they needed to be worried about them,” he said.

Binaural

Eats Squid
“We decided to polarise the electorate and put what advertising we had left that hadn’t been used into explaining to Australian people what Shorten’s economic plans were for the country and how they needed to be worried about them,” he said.
Jesus. What motivates that kind of spiteful politics?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Speaking of potatoes, one of the first priorities is to repeal the Medevac Bill... Because why...? Christian values perhaps?

Listening to an AMA dude on the radio this morning, they "see no reason to repeal and there have been no adverse issues with it all".
What is the connection to Christian Values in your statement here? I know a lot Christians that support refugees. The bill was just a way of getting around the former legalisation/decisions by the department or minister. In my mind it was a bad bill and the focus should be on those most in need that tend to be in camps all over the world.

Haakon

I know a lot Christians that support refugees.
It was sarcasm. The meanness of their approach to this whole sorry saga is (from little I pay attention to anything religious...) is not in line with "christian values".

But, he does belong to a church predicated on the idea that wealth is a measure of how much god loves you....

Haakon

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Not sure what you mean here. Palmer achieved the prize he sought with (surely you can agree with this) ethically dubious methods and messages.

The game was not played stupidly, nor was the prize stupid.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not sure what you mean here. Palmer achieved the prize he sought with (surely you can agree with this) ethically dubious methods and messages.

The game was not played stupidly, nor was the prize stupid.
He most likely said what he did because he lost and doesn't want to look like a sore loser in the eyes of the public but coincidentally the outcome is still in his favour.

Haakon

He most likely said what he did because he lost and doesn't want to look like a sore loser in the eyes of the public but coincidentally the outcome is still in his favour.
No, I'm with Johnny. This was absolutely the goal from Day 1 and I had thought it was clear from the outset. The LNP subcontracted him to collect the fa right votes they decided to not explicitly court themselves. Palmer will be duly compensated for time and effort I'm sure.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No, I'm with Johnny. This was absolutely the goal from Day 1 and I had thought it was clear from the outset. The LNP subcontracted him to collect the fa right votes they decided to not explicitly court themselves. Palmer will be duly compensated for time and effort I'm sure.
Bullshit. Prove that or shut the fuck up. What a whiney bunch of bitches this thread has become. I for one am pleased Shorten isnt pm. That is a personal matter. I did vote to put the whole ahead of my other interests. It dudnt work. Big deal the populace has spoken. Palmer is an idiot with delutions of adequacy. I can remember plenty of union campaigns with no substance and lots of vitriole.

Give it a fucking rest.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A tight scrooge like Palmer will not spend 66 mil on advertising knowing he is going to lose, image is everything for Business people.